Allow a wing leader unlimited pings in battle.

Something I’ve found recently while running my tournament wings is that I quickly hit the 10-ping buffer. Partly since my primary ping function is to double-lock (and I do so using scroll wheel up) and partly since, as team Engie, I’m the one sitting furthest back and providing the ‘big picture’ view of the battle for team coordination.

When I run out of pings and need to ping something, it can allow that target to get away or worse, kill someone by surprise. While we do use TS to communicate, it’s not very easy to find a target that hasn’t been pinged when there are effects and weapons fire flying everywhere in the heat of a 8v8 tournament furball.

I suggest that whomever is hosting the wing be allowed unlimited pings for this purpose. Some variant of this would be equally appreciated. Perhaps restrict it to tournament games only if you are concerned with abuse elsewhere.

+1

Also allowing squads to ping to each other infinitely would be nice as well.

+1 to everything in this post so far.

You two always +1 everything XD

I personally don’t think it is necessary.  Several reasons:

• It could be abused by the leader and get very annoying
  • The number of pings before it blocks is already quite high.
  • You really have to overuse it for it to get blocked.
  • The block is only temporary, so no big deal.
  • If a target is really that important, like a cov ops killing you in an engi, then just yell in TS. More often than not he is behind you anyway and it is difficult to ping him.  That is why I don’t play engi in a wing when I can’t use my microphone.

use the all eyes on target, set to 5 or t so you don’t double tap all the time, plus you can ping targets without changing your lock.

I think you should be able to ping yourself… 

You two always +1 everything XD

I personally don’t think it is necessary.  Several reasons:

• It could be abused by the leader and get very annoying
  • The number of pings before it blocks is already quite high.
  • You really have to overuse it for it to get blocked.
  • The block is only temporary, so no big deal.
  • If a target is really that important, like a cov ops killing you in an engi, then just yell in TS. More often than not he is behind you anyway and it is difficult to ping him.  That is why I don’t play engi in a wing when I can’t use my microphone.

<<<<this