AIM BOTS?

I’m seeing a lot of, what appears to be, aim bots. I am more able to tell with the Energy Converter. It is perfectly dead center of the ship even when maneuvering like a mad man, DEAD CENTER.

I want you to look at this video and tell for yourselves (starts at 4:59):

I am reporting all that I see doing this. If you don’t want this game being compromised then I suggest you all do the same.

I won’t be sticking around for the cancerous comments.

Good job on making this video x|MAX|x.

I know that there are websites where people are asking for aimbots. Filthy little pricks!

Yes, I saw the video. I am glad that you did as well!

I am 99,9999% sure that this player is using some sort of aimbot!

well now that your are saying it i was wondering how the hell some ppl aim so well with the energy converter ![:007j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007j.png “:007j:”)

1 hour ago, xXConflictionXx said:

I want you to look at this video and tell for yourselves (starts at 4:59):

Good job on making this video x|MAX|x.

So where is the fragment with the aimbot? 

oh god  ![:015_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/015_2.png “:015_2:”)

For starters, there is NO energy converter at 4:59. did you post a wrong time stamp?

Second, if this is an AIM bot (which it isn’t) you are better off without it since it can’t hit for xxxx, and with some practice, you gonna hit better than that.

Even a reticle tracker would be jumpy on the receiving side, so this is likely the server compensating for something. I know there are many weapons etc that will auto-center on a target when the crosshairs are over the targeting blip.

1 hour ago, xKostyan said:

oh god  ![:015_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/015_2.png “:015_2:”)

For starters, there is NO energy converter at 4:59. did you post a wrong time stamp?

Second, if this is an AIM bot (which it isn’t) you are better off without it since it can’t hit for xxxx, and with some practice, you gonna hit better than that.

They are probably talking about these “snap ons” which are just caused by aim assists and some other SC related stuff.

Also someone with lasers looks far more precise if viewed from someone else’s perspective/spectator mode then from his perspective.

I also see no energy converter. There is however a destructor beam from a guard, but that’s normal.

I would like to know what do you think about this guy:

Spoiler

Jittery crosshairs

21 minutes ago, niripas said:

I would like to know what do you think about this guy: …

Don’t ask he’s blaming externaly, better should blame recursive ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)  Conspiracy theory maybe is a placeholder for something else …

28 minutes ago, niripas said:

I would like to know what do you think about this guy:

Reveal hidden contents

5/10

aiming in a 3rd person game is always helped with automatic rangefinding. otherwise, since your camera angle is different from the angle of view, you would never hit anything.

aiming from 1st person only has directional information

to compensate if you aim into “nothing” the range is probably set to some arbitrary number, like your maximum weapons range or some high number. however if you hit the target reticule on your 2d hud overlay, your weapon will focus its fire exactly on the range of the desired object.

in fact, in starconflict, it might actually focus right on the target, since there is aimhelp, but thats beside the point, even without that, you would have some kind of ranging focus

if you see a laser or something going on and off the target, what is happening is that you see the difference between the “free aimed” range and the exact shot. this can be a huge difference and become quite visual. it is the same effect, as why the shrapnel sometimes shoots in a perceived random direction - albeit i am only assuming this, as this could also be lag related, and i am not exactly sure how the aiming code from SC works.

but having coded 3rd person cameras and shooting mechanics, i can tell you, there is always - there must be - some help - except if the camera is exactly behind your object

this does not explain the aimbot, which i did not really see in this video, but it should explain to you if you see the shot “snapping” on to the target. which in a first person shooter would be indication of aimbotting.

I don’t believe I’ve ever seen someone hacking in this game, but to my knowledge one player has been banned for aimbotting.

You can see some of his gameplay at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-YSRUs7IE7Ztxj3ZGIBxJA

For example: 

From what I heard this player was banned after staff looked at his game play and did not like his mouse movement (not from any evidence in game), but I don’t know how reliable that information is.

Edit: Asked someone from RU community and it seems like this player was definitely cheating, no uncertainty around ban. I asked mzhelskii, he says he knows of ‘1 or 2’ people that have been banned, so definitely no widespread cheats if in the lifetime of the game only 1 or 2 known players have been banned.

The game itself hasn’t been hacked yet because of a few reasons. Firstly, the majority of the game happens on the server. Only the graphics and interface are client-side.

Secondly, nobody has or can crack Hammer, so there’s no good way to decompile the game files to access them. And you can in fact decompile them, but it’s tedious and not very rewarding unless you just want to peek at future ship models. (highly recommended)

3 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

The game itself hasn’t been hacked yet because of a few reasons. Firstly, the majority of the game happens on the server. Only the graphics and interface are client-side.

Secondly, nobody has or can crack Hammer, so there’s no good way to decompile the game files to access them. And you can in fact decompile them, but it’s tedious and not very rewarding unless you just want to peek at future ship models. (highly recommended)

Not true, at least one player has been banned for hacking (see post above). Whatever hack he used definitely isn’t widespread, but it seems to have existed at some point.

26 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

The game itself hasn’t been hacked yet because of a few reasons. Firstly, the majority of the game happens on the server.

In this sense nearly no game has been ‘hacked’ e.g. CS:GO has at least as much stuff server sided as SC but a lot of cheaters.

Only the graphics and interface are client-side.

Input handling and a lot of other stuff also, like in CS:GO.

Game Logic is as easy/hard to ‘decompile’ as in other games, you just need to understand Assembler and the other game files (textures, sounds, models etc.) can be easily extracted, e.g. with QuickBMS   . and only models and maps are in a SC specific format and therefore not that easily opened. (also the word decompile is only correct for executables, you don’t decompile anything that is in the data folder, you can say that you unpack them)

The only reason that Star Conflict has completely no Problems with Cheaters is that the player base is so small.

32 minutes ago, Cr0 said:

Not true, at least one player has been banned for hacking (see post above). Whatever hack he used definitely isn’t widespread, but it seems to have existed at some point.

So, who was that guy who got banned?

14 minutes ago, Koromac said:

So, who was that guy who got banned?

MAM was banned.

The story about Star Conflict devs and thier relations with the community

10 minutes ago, John161 said:

In this sense nearly no game has been ‘hacked’ e.g. CS:GO has at least as much stuff server sided as SC but a lot of cheaters.

Input handling and a lot of other stuff also, like in CS:GO.

Input is indeed controlled my the client, but none of your movement is determined by the client. So no speed mods or quick turns etc. Ever had 14s ping?

Game Logic is as easy/hard to ‘decompile’ as in other games, you just need to understand Assembler and the other game files (textures, sounds, models etc.) can be easily extracted, e.g. with QuickBMS   . and only models and maps are in a SC specific format and therefore not that easily opened. (also the word decompile is only correct for executables, you don’t decompile anything that is in the data folder, you can say that you unpack them)

There are exceptions to everything.

And I generalize the term decompile too often sorry. I just use it to describe "file that I can’t get in to because of some compiler etc program.

The only reason that Star Conflict has completely no Problems with Cheaters is that the player base is so small.

Ye