aim assist range activation threshold

I have found  that aim assist prevents me from properly leading targets with projectile weapons at very close range. Possibly due to a combination of speed and perspective making prediction impossible. Even with aim assist off I find at these close ranges and often high speeds, that the circle is often wrong and more distracting than anything.

It would be nice if there was a range threshold for aim assist activation around 600 meters, or maybe a slider bar so that we could fine tune it to our own needs.  Personally, I don’t like using it but between my high ping and shooting at very nimble players… there is a reason why I almost always use the laser. It is the only weapon I can use without aim assist reliably due to my latency.

I havent got issues with aim assistance at close ranges (except that it is almost useless due to the small circle size compared to the enemy ship size), however ive seen some weird weapon convergence. I dont truly care about this since i abandoned projectile weapons for CQC long ago.

Drop a lock from your target and your aim assistance is off

Or just use lasers and turn off aim-assist completely. XD

Or just use lasers and turn off aim-assist completely. XD

Lasers aren’t being affected by it anyways.

When you don’t lock on to your target, you’re losing a few percent of your DPS due to relatively recent changes.

When you don’t lock on to your target, you’re losing a few percent of your DPS due to relatively recent changes.

5%

But you lose 100% if you can’t hit your target :smiley:

5%

But you lose 100% if you can’t hit your target :smiley:

Fair enough. It still feels a bit weird.

all targets have aim assistance without locking (im almost sure its the same from locking). A few objects do not have aim assistance like destroyer torps, dread torps (not 100% from this), cant remember another one. It used to work as you say kost, but after many players were missing a lot after shooting near the lead circle (without locking), they added aim assist there.

all targets have aim assistance without locking (im almost sure its the same from locking). A few objects do not have aim assistance like destroyer torps, dread torps (not 100% from this), cant remember another one. It used to work as you say kost, but after many players were missing a lot after shooting near the lead circle (without locking), they added aim assist there.

:008j:  :008j:  :008j:

well nvm then 

Interesting. Used to be you could only get lead indicators if you locked, I used lasers back then and got called a hacker a lot because it never occured to other players that I could hit them so accurately without locking, despite the clear nature of ion emitters.  Then they changed it to lead without lock and I thought well I still do not need to lock people, I don’t want them to be able to counter lock and figure out where I am that way, and also to prevent that one implant from working for them, but it is interesting that there is a 5% damage decrease without lock. I may have to lock targets more often for that tiny shred of more deeps.

I wish.

Aim assist seems to occur with where a lead marker should be (I can tell aim assist is still going when shooting invisible or camo targets) or if you shoot at the ship directly sometimes it occurs there too (mostly just convergence at that object though) As for not locking, you only need worry if they have IR pulsar or maybe you want to bypass the small amount of resist you get from gigas II but normally locking it good! At close range with singularity unlocking may sort of work but I find it just gets thrown off unless you get directly in the circle or you are so close you can’t miss XD

At close range with singularity unlocking may sort of work but I find it just gets thrown off unless you get directly in the circle or you are so close you can’t miss XD

For us: we either hit the circle or miss by a lot.

A lot of the time, even when you aim right at the circle, the shot will go off anyways, due to the other person dodging. Especially when using shrapnel.