Adding option to NEVER match with some regions

I strongly suggest adding option to exclude some of the regions from the matchfinding.

Whenever I am matched with the USA (I’m Europe), and as I usually play at night, I more often am than not, I am thrown not only into a ping hell with around 200ms latency, the Americans usually have no idea what they are doing, ignoring game objectives and in pve dying in the first couple of minutes and not rezzing. Or rezzing after 15 minutes just to die after a 30 seconds or so.

I just finished Ariadne solo on inty, with constantly hitting walls and not being able to shoot anything if not standing / flying straight, as every sharp turn made the ship spin like crazy, with no help of either dead players or a damn bot flying over the edge of the map and exploding throughout the whole game. It wasn’t the first time, but it will surely be the last, as now I’m just gonna leave every time I see “200ms” and “USA” on my screen.

Seriously, it’s better to just wait for a game. Maybe not for everyone, maybe some don’t mind the intercontinental connection, that’s way an option would be nicer than hard exclusion. Or hard inclusion, like now, even with “preferred region” set.

As much as many of us would like this, it would leave players in those regions at a disadvantage in terms of wait times and available players.

The best you can do to solve this at the moment is to select a “preferred region” in the game settings and hope that you get matched in that region.

As I stated in my original post, “preferred region” doesn’t change much. I even happened to stumble upon two or three Open Space zones hosted in USA god knows why.

As far as I’m concerned, I don’t agree to be a high-latency cannon fodder in pvp or “ohgodaloneandinhellagain” carry in pve serving those, who do not have patience to wait couple of minutes for a match. And I will protest against it in form of telling my team that I have too much ping and leaving afterwards. And seeing how often people leave games I don’t think I am alone in this.

With an option to disable some regions from matchmaking, some people might get a slight disadvantage of waiting a bit longer. But without it, they are gonna get an afk or subpar player in their team. Ask yourself if you really prefer quantity over quality; I’d much prefer less games, but with much higher quality.

If you encounter afk players, use the in-game system to report them. If someone does not perform well, they’re new or already entirely outmatched. New players are to be expected in a growing game, so you can’t really complain about them.

Also, repeatedly complaining about the same problem will get you nothing. Especially when there is nothing that can be done to alleviate the issue. (that won’t affect everyone)

I get you. I don’t intend on complaining time and time again. I’ve posted about what I see as the issue that needs to be resolved, I’ve stated what I personally intend to do with it, and that’s it. Hopefully someone will see my point someday and do something with it.

Anyway, thank you for the interest and time you’ve taken to respond, DarkRed. Have a good day.

2 hours ago, Viriyath said:

I get you. I don’t intend on complaining time and time again. I’ve posted about what I see as the issue that needs to be resolved, I’ve stated what I personally intend to do with it, and that’s it. Hopefully someone will see my point someday and do something with it.

Anyway, thank you for the interest and time you’ve taken to respond, DarkRed. Have a good day.

I am entirely with you in this, but it’s just not something that will be happening any time soon

Yesterday, I had many problems with USA servers. The ships were almost uncontrollable, and my gaming experience sucked. You know why? I don’t like queuing, so I set my server setting to ‘ALL servers’.
I expected to have fun on Europe and Russia servers, but they kept giving me the terrible ping from the USA. Of course I lost all those games. I didn’t play for a long time which made the queuing times for the other players longer.

servers_star_conflict.jpg.0e2ffcc49dff67f12f9f852e7186c1ed.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------](<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_12/servers_star_conflict.jpg.0e2ffcc49dff67f12f9f852e7186c1ed.jpg)

On 12/5/2018 at 5:29 PM, Viriyath said:

With an option to disable some regions from matchmaking, some people might get a slight disadvantage of waiting a bit longer.

I am OK with it, if it is about 2 minutes.

On 12/5/2018 at 2:53 AM, Viriyath said:

I’m just gonna leave every time I see “200ms” and “USA” on my screen.

This must be a good form of stimulating the developers to give the players what they need. Fixing this problem will make players happier, and increase the time they spend in game, which will help the other players spend less time in queues.
The way it works now is that I serve as a dish for the Americans who easily kill my drunk ship. This does not feel better than when Eugenius donated for a Tharga and killed 30 players in one battle, and made me leave the game for a month.

WHY DID YOU TURN OFF VOTING FOR THIS POST???

Server option would be applicable in well populated games, and here would be fairly safe to say that we are well underpopulated. Find ways to increase the game’s player base and am not asking the OP to do that, and the server option would be possible.

They turned off voting for my previous post. Forum people cannot vote for my proposition. This is your thank you?
Can anybody see any voting sign under my post? Any likes or cups? I mean, is it possible to vote? Or is it just my browser?

4 hours ago, inyazserg said:

They turned off voting for my previous post. Forum people cannot vote for my proposition. This is your thank you?
Can anybody see any voting sign under my post? Any likes or cups? I mean, is it possible to vote? Or is it just my browser?

image.png.935c5a8f88be4976f9a31183a4762c53.png

I think maybe having more servers from different regions could be good but costly. as of current, as someone from the SEA region even the RU and Asia servers are releatively high ping of 200-300ms with interceptors wobbling almost every other match. ← generally I would just play a long range inty just to rank it up but that decrease my aggressiveness as a teamplayer.