add special invasion crafted ammunition for LRF - Torpedo/Sniper class

I am requesting 3 special ammunition types in 1 Ammunition Pack (2) for each crafted one, but it should be only available for LRF - Torpedo/Sniper class in the Workshop, like any Invasion crafted ammunition.

Applies for all tiers and only affects special module - Sniper Mode and Guided Torpedo projectile.

Title of the module : adjustable sniper/torpedo projectile damage type ( Thermal, EM, Kinetic )

Craftable : yes (without Monocrystals), produces 2 at a time, from resources in the Workshop

Occupancy : weapon ammunition slot only

Special ability : yes (selective damage type - Thermal, EM, Kinetic, if selected or switched)

Availability : yes (Long Range Sniper Frigate, Long Range Torpedo Frigate only)

Visuals : yes (slightly changed trail color indicates torpedo damage type)

Description :

It can work like Guard’s Phase Shield Modulator can. Instead, you select damage types.

There are some other changes, which are necessary.

Thermal : As it is now. Unchanged. It leaves the damaging thermal cloud in the area for some duration, if you enter it. Direct hit should inflict some additional damage.

EM : Instead of a red thermal cloud, when it explodes, you would get a blue one now, but the cloud or blast would dissipate immediately (example: EM torpedo). Direct hit should inflict some additional damage.

Kinetic : Kinetic sniper or torpedo projectile works the same as any other, only visual trail and effect is changed. Direct hit (not detonation effect) should inflict some additional damage.

Once it detonates, shrapnels hurl out from the center in a 360 degree radius, inflicting the same amount of damage as any other torpedo. No cloud is present.

Note :

There is no keybind to directly select or choose damage type.

We need a new keybind or we need to adjust something.

I am open to suggestions.

Regards, Koromac

Nice idea but you shouldn’t be able to change the dmg type in battle there should be 2 ammunitions

1.that switch torpedo/desintegrator dmg from thermal to em

2.that switch torpedo/desintegrator dmg from thermal to kinetic

when using this ammo the desintegrator dmg does not change and the guided torpedo has the same dmg and cloud just different dmg type

Are you going RedFox on us here?

Please accept my smart a$$ response.

Sure, and I want a microwarp that makes my ship invincible for the duration of the jump.

No way we will abuse these ideas!

Are you going RedFox on us here?

Please accept my smart a$$ response.

Sure, and I want a microwarp that makes my ship invincible for the duration of the jump.

No way we will abuse these ideas!

What?

It could be interesting if the damage is just changed for the whole game to the damage of the ammo you fit at the start of the game. But switching in the middle of the fight would be OP.

Why not something more original like trading ammo?

I mean more speed less damage (and vice-versa)

Better rotation less range (and vice-versa)(only JRLF)

Better RoF less damage (and vice-versa)

I don’t know

Im thinkin JLRF gets a torp damage change, Therm to EM (keybind- N/A, no active modules please) and Empire has Disentigrator damage change, Therm to Kinetic (Laser sniper thingy gets swapped for a “Prototype Magnetic Accelerator Cannon” or… a “p-MAC”) (keybind- same for JLRF, NO ACTIVE MODULE PLEASE)

Oh, and damage can only be changed when it’s not in use, forcing players to use them strategically.

Im thinkin JLRF gets a torp damage change, Therm to EM (keybind- N/A, no active modules please) and Empire has Disentigrator damage change, Therm to Kinetic (Laser sniper thingy gets swapped for a “Prototype Magnetic Accelerator Cannon” or… a “p-MAC”) (keybind- same for JLRF, NO ACTIVE MODULE PLEASE)

Oh, and damage can only be changed when it’s not in use, forcing players to use them strategically.

I mentioned both, not just Jericho LRF. Sniper and Torpedo frigate should both get the same effect.

nope, clear statement: one weapon - one colour - one dmg type

this wont change