Add Keybind to Ping *Yourself*

Focus fire is important.  Pinging a target is a great way to do that.

Requesting help is almost as important.

It’s happened many times that an engineer/healer or other support ship has asked for help on voice chat, but many pilots may not know where he is.  A pilot should be able to ping himself to ask for help.  It would be easier than *aiming at* a target and pinging it – no need to aim, just hit the key(s) [keybind goes here] to ping yourself and ask for help.  Obviously, same, or perhaps even more stringent restrictions on ping flooding. (Game already prevents pilots from pinging more than X number of times per Y minutes, and that’s a good thing.)

This would be a nice feature, and it seems like low effort too.  Win-win.

Restrict this to support roles and the captain only, then yes.

+1 I was looking for this option and was surprised it doesnt exist

3 minutes ago, OmegaFighter said:

Restrict this to support roles and the captain only, then yes.

NO. Assault roles need this the most! Anyone should be able to ask for help since pilot can’t ping the enemy that is on his tail

can’t you already do this by numkey 3 on Tab map?

10 minutes ago, QACinnamonTroll said:

can’t you already do this by numkey 3 on Tab map?

Its the same as double tap R, but with num 3 you can ping things on map while spawning.

3 hours ago, Rob40468 said:

Its the same as double tap R, but with num 3 you can ping things on map while spawning.

no shi sherlock, that is exactly what I just said. I just asked if you can ping yourself via Tab -> Enter to activate chat and cursor -> roll oer yourself -> numpad 3.

If you need help, tabbing to the map and pinging yourself from the map would take too much time, and you’d be a sitting duck the whole time.

This thread is proposing that there be a definable hotkey to ping yourself, maybe double-tap C.

People would spoil this in a really annoying way XD

DO IT!

Yesterday was freakin horrible in pvp and getting help was null. the few that were in with me were focused on getting beacons or whatever and I would get someone on me that I was able to maneuver well enough but most of these people were staying on me for like 3 minutes straight which in my mind is a waste of time, move on, but they insist on killing me (ECM) while I’m trying to get back to the main tasks at hand. FREAKING ANNOYING (PEOPLE MOVE ON AND FOCUS ON THE MISSION FFS!)…

If I could have pressed a single button letting my team know I need help so we can get back to the actual mission then that could have saved a lot of time and could have gotten the win. Trying to kill an ecm for anything more than about 10 seconds by yourself and you can barely get a hit is DUMB! You do that and your on my team I may just have a few words with you (BEING POLITE OFC (sensitive people))…

That said, I didn’t have enough time to tab and ping myself. Now even if this were a thing doesn’t mean that these nubs would have come to help or stay together in the first place but it might??? who knows until you test it.

Quick to put in survival and test it so why not this?

Simpler way if every player with their shield & hull status of a team would be shown on the left of the screen the same way as players of a squad or wing. Squad and wing members could get one color and the rest in the team another color. Simple way to see who needs help.  

It’s been suggested a very long time ago and I still don’t know why it hasn’t been implemented.

This along with the removal of ping limits  ONLY FOR SQUAD LEADERS  would be amazing. I can’t tell how many times we have been in a heated dogfight and I have ran out of pings to call targets with…

I digress. +1, I support this.

I want that.

On 04/01/2017 at 4:15 PM, Mecronmancer said:

It’s been suggested a very long time ago and I still don’t know why it hasn’t been implemented.

This along with the removal of ping limits  ONLY FOR SQUAD LEADERS  would be amazing. I can’t tell how many times we have been in a heated dogfight and I have ran out of pings to call targets with…

I digress. +1, I support this.

I want that too. But only for leaders as you stated or combat recon commanders