Adaptive Shields

3 minutes ago, I0lOl0I said:

Do they stack?

Yes but with a stacking penalty

Also nice necro…

11 minutes ago, millanbel said:

Yes but with a stacking penalty

Also nice necro…

blame the GM and DEVs then, coz I cant find anything about the modules, even the wiki are full of old useless and wrong informations

2 hours ago, I0lOl0I said:

blame the GM and DEVs then, coz I cant find anything about the modules, even the wiki are full of old useless and wrong informations

Indeed, I think the wiki is currently being updated by kosty.

Instead of necroing, just make a new thread asking your question in the appropriate forum section! People will answer.

I pretty much finished all the ships )) gotta clean up crafts and special modules. Well and dessies need their own section too…

For modules i need some things from Akaurl, so aint gonna be done soon (

Just now, xKostyan said:

I pretty much finished all the ships )) gotta clean up crafts and special modules. Well and dessies need their own section too…

Thanks for the work.

Empire has always been the strongest.

I am depressed with the adaptive changes because I was just starting to branch out from empire ships, and even had an adaptive focused build I wanted to try with the mjolnir, but on the other hand I am happy there is no longer a way for hull based vessels  to easily stack resists without penalty.

What it boils down to is commands and engineers became more valuable and interceptors have become less sustainable on their own.  This hardly effects to covops which is a hit and run class anyway, and for federation gunships you have two shield boosters available.  Particle Purge and the medium.

If we take a look at it, adaptive shields do the same thing as a galvanised armour, except you can actually turn yiur ship. Imagine if you have adaptives and galvanised armour together on a ship, all providing hull resistance in top of a shield - Jesus, trying to take down a Destroyer with that setup style would basically be impossible to destroy!

I think that the hull resistance for adaptives was purely unnecessary. It’s a shield module and should’ve remained as such…

The new hull crystal plate is basically the other half of adaptive shield anyway and suits Empire even more because you don’t need to move at 110% speed

On 9/25/2016 at 2:32 AM, RennieAshII said:

The new hull crystal plate is basically the other half of adaptive shield anyway and suits Empire even more because you don’t need to move at 110% speed

too bad you need unicorn blood to make the damn thing.

On 24.9.2016 at 3:40 PM, Shotan said:

I think that the hull resistance for adaptives was purely unnecessary. It’s a shield module and should’ve remained as such…

From the balance, it was a delicate situation: shield was always less effective than hull tanking because of the healing sources, and way worse in omni resists, while shields even acted as another regenerating layer of defense; it is awesome in timed exposure, but very bad in countering alpha damage and focus fire. Shield tanking relies on having ability to regenerate after exposure.

So while Galvanized was less effective as an omni solution, adaptive had only the upside of movement, and represented a way of speed tank. The hull resist was very good for fed, because they hull slots on most of their ships, and galvanized works against the speed, so it was a great combi.

With the crystal armor this changes a lot.

In fact I think, armor resist was not a “logical problem” (in every module system you have modules affecting other groups). It was an elegant solution for Interceptors, but got really problematic if used additionally to strong hull and got devastating on adaptive fighters and frigates, which actually used mainly its hull effects.

This all is why I think while becoming a pure shield module was a good idea for most ships, ceptors could have retained at least up to 50% of the hull resist effect of adaptive. But of course, now it also depends, how crystal armor will effect meta once it hits mainstream.

Atm. any Interceptor except ECM, which in general did not rely so much on adaptive builds, suffer additionally from all recent nerfs on the class. So I think it was not unneccessary for the module to bridge that hole. Maybe not yet elegant enough. But I do not think, we are there yet.

Also, fed got recently a %crit buff, if they stay over 90% speed. I guess it’s to compensate the hull resist loss. 

They need to include that on ship bonus description. It’s 8% at least on my r15

Look at the Destroyer modules devs published. There is so much stuff to influence the movement of ships. E.g. destablelising field or blackhole. Is this not enouth when it comes to Cruise Engine fittings. Seems like they want static Matches with 4 dessis Camping at each side waiting for someone to fly into their cross hairs.