A Clarification on Drone-Poopers

Just want to clear things up about the sentry drones for tacklers and drone-pooping in general.

Pilots who fly their cruise-engine tacklers around dropping drones, cloaking, and running away, are the pilots who have no idea what they are doing/don’t understand how to correctly use the drones. If you play a drone-pooper wisely by still using slows, and not running away from your drones, but supporting them by sticking around, you can end up with scores that look like this:

u8Q0cmi.jpg

Here is the build:

caqJkAw.jpg

The point of this: To prove that sentry drones are OP in their current state and to prove that the way most pilots drone-poop is horribly ineffective.

Lies!

drone poopers are ok. they allow bad pilots to play

Engine supressor instead of Inhibitor Beam? Why?

Engine suppressor slows them down more, even though it has a recharge time.

slow beams + missile for AB

Engine for <200m/s

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/530631773111394496/3067A30526CC0353D87E6F8E8AE611BB1B01A10B/

Get those aimbots out of PvP.

I have this build:

Mains= Ion Beam

1st= Mk 4 Target Painter

2nd= Mk 2 Engine Inhibitor

3rd= Mk 4 Engine Web

4th= Mk 2 (soon 4) Sentry Drone

And still see no point in Heavy Drones aside from invasion to take down transports.

And I use the sentry in my loadout as a “get me out of here but keep hitting the target” card. Not as an extra little bit of DPS with my mains. Too easy to take out when yer right next to it.

Just want to clear things up about the sentry drones for tacklers and drone-pooping in general.

Pilots who fly their cruise-engine tacklers around dropping drones, cloaking, and running away, are the pilots who have no idea what they are doing/don’t understand how to correctly use the drones. If you play a drone-pooper wisely by still using slows, and not running away from your drones, but supporting them by sticking around, you can end up with scores that look like this:

u8Q0cmi.jpg

Here is the build:

caqJkAw.jpg

The point of this: To prove that sentry drones are OP in their current state and to prove that the way most pilots drone-poop is horribly ineffective.

Speed tacklers are next to useless unless used in hit and runs on beacons or as distractions. 

Why i only use my speed tackler for invasion now. Tacklers are amazing team play ships and are not meant as speed tacklers. 

Please dirk, don’t die of a heart attach. 

Speed tacklers are next to useless unless used in hit and runs on beacons or as distractions. 

Clearly you didn’t look at my screenshot or read my post at all. I never once used my speed tackler for hit’n’run or distractions. I used it to take down enemies (I got 9 kills, 5 damage assists). Ask Virul, I killed him 2 or 3 times, and he is an excellent pilot. As I have proven, speed-tacklers with drones are far more effective when  NOT used in hit’n’run/distraction tactics. You would never get this kind of effectiveness when dropping and running like most speed-drone poopers do.

Like Sema said, it slows much more. Yes, it has a long recharge (ish), but it is far more effective. I use gravi-beamers and slow-field missiles in combination, which results in AT LEAST taking the speed off equivalent to what afterburners give, most times more. Combine that with engine suppressor, and the target moves unbelievably slow. Normally, I save my engine suppressor until after the target has popped a multi-purpose, this way most ships won’t have a way to counter the slows after the initial 5 second immunity, 5 seconds which I spend cloaked, but waiting nearby (3k or so).

Speed tacklers are next to useless

you’ve changed your mind then :stuck_out_tongue:

Clearly you didn’t look at my screenshot or read my post at all. I never once used my speed tackler for hit’n’run or distractions. I used it to take down enemies (I got 9 kills, 5 damage assists). Ask Virul, I killed him 2 or 3 times, and he is an excellent pilot. As I have proven, speed-tacklers with drones are far more effective when  NOT used in hit’n’run/distraction tactics. You would never get this kind of effectiveness when dropping and running like most speed-drone poopers do.

sorry, but this particular screenshot proves kinda nothing, just saying

Only use for Heavy Drones is in Invasion and if you want to rush the drones in Sector Conquest and run. The Sentry drone is a little OP, I think, but I can’t think of anything immediate to nerf without making it suck the same way the Heavy Drone does.

I have an idea that will nerf a litle the drone poopers, and is that the cooldown will not begin until the drone is dead, that will reduce the number of drones in game, and thouse taklers will think better where to place the drone.But to be fair, all non skills stuff must been remove, or this game will die.

I have an idea that will nerf a litle the drone poopers, and is that the cooldown will not begin until the drone is dead, that will reduce the number of drones in game, and thouse taklers will think better where to place the drone.But to be fair, all non skills stuff must been remove, or this game will die.

this game is already dead

Making a drone already removes your old one.

Removing all non-skill elements from a game does not necessarily make a better game. If you want 100% skill, go play chess.

Some elements of randomness (critical hits, etc) are very important to give each match a chance of going differently, despite any other factors.

Edit:

Dunno if it was ever alive to begin with. I still have some hope for its success.

Removing low-skill options would kill the game, because it stops less skilled pilots being able to participate against high-skilled ones. Low-skill options shouldn’t be the most effective, but they should BE effective.

Hardly. Content patches and a steadily increasing player base is not what makes a dead game in my book.

This will never be LoL, but so far it is doing well.

Hardly. Content patches and a steadily increasing player base is not what makes a dead game in my book.

This will never be LoL, but so far it is doing well.

4 months after release, 18 months(or more) since open beta came out and I still cannot squad up with 2 friends(can forget about 4man squad) and just play in T5(same as T4) also heard that’s also hard in T3 these days… there are exceptions when we ask around and que at the same time but c’mon it’s like custom with few randoms(up to 3, if lucky)

so… in MY book game is dead

4 months after release, 18 months(or more) since open beta came out and I still cannot squad up with 2 friends(can forget about 4man squad) and just play in T5(same as T4) also heard that’s also hard in T3 these days… there are exceptions when we ask around and que at the same time but c’mon it’s like custom with few randoms(up to 3, if lucky)

so… in MY book game is dead

No, in my book that is a problem with the matchmaking. In fact, something is wrong with the MM because these days it is impossible to get a game in SQ even playing SOLO, and we all know most people are in queue. And the population is still the same as in Christmas, even slightly better.

I’m not saying the game is great. It still has some issues, but it is far from dead.

They should do as in WoT and similar games. One squad vs one squad, no matter the numbers. If people see they can get a match fast while in a squad, more of them will squad.

So far the main problem is that many people don’t want to squad because the MM will take ages to find a game, and it is possible that with the current MM rules you won’t have a game at all.

oh MM again… It was fine few times already but they started having fun with squads and broke it :smiley:

Squads are workin like chain reaction but only if we know exactly how MM works(after changes it took some time to figure out exactly what Rank/prem/nonprem combo will work for squads.

We tested it few days ago in T5(where T5 doesnt have that many rank BS restricitons).

We started with 2 3man squads, after ~4games we had at least 6 3-4man squads in que