A. Cage - Remove Combat Recon related assignments!

Special Module (spec-module) containers: A. Cage missions

Yesterday I played like 35 co-op matches, in order to get a Combat Recon mode faster, with rank 11-12 ships. I gave up, because I didn’t get it! 

I got everything else, just not what I needed!

Today I played like 10 PvP battles in Rank 15, in order to get a Combat Recon mode.

I damaged the enemy Captain in less than 3 minutes, but it was very close, because I joined, when the match was already in progress!

This means, that the timer was a little above 5 minutes instead of 8 minutes, because of already selected Captain!

Unacceptable practice and too situational! It cannot be decided by random chance. Unreliable! Should be changed immediately. I am serious.

This issue will be mentioned in my future review of Star Conflict on Steam, if it won’t be resolved.

REMOVE Combat Recon PvP/Co-op requirements and replace it with something else!

OR:

Give us Separate and independent Modes: Combat Recon only, TDM only, Detonation only Domination only, etc., to choose from!

Or, you know, have only one mission goal per mission. This three-part mission thing is just a waste of time.

+1

I like Gage missions. I like combat recon. Those two together are beyond annoying and motivate to end the battle faster if its not CR

22 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Or, you know, have only one mission goal per mission. This three-part mission thing is just a waste of time.

I do not care about 3 assignments for 1 contract, but selective mode in a non-selective game for PvP modes, this is beyond logical.

The other thing is, that those assignments need to completed in a sequence! This is plain wrong!

There should be a possibility, that you can actually complete all 3 goals in 1 match.

That’s why I created such a suggestion.

3 hours ago, Koromac said:

I do not care about 3 assignments for 1 contract, but selective mode in a non-selective game for PvP modes, this is beyond logical.

The other thing is, that those assignments need to completed in a sequence! This is plain wrong!

There should be a possibility, that you can actually complete all 3 goals in 1 match.

That’s why I created such a suggestion.

You can,but if you do them in order,chances are you will just have to play and DC from a bunch of PvP’s its for the best,or worst…

Well, let’s see what developers will say about this tomorrow.

Yeah… Those special module missions suck total.

Win 3 Coop. Okay. Easy done.

Kill/assist 20 times one with thermal weapon - okay but again this is locked behind win first coop…

Now it’s becoming tedious: Capture 1 beacon and win battle… Oh you got beacon games within your 20 mission? Sorry doesn’t count…

After second is finished: Team Battle, Combat recon and… oh team battle! -.-

Those combat recon elements have been the easiest ones for me. You’re really getting a random shaft when combat recon games come in as rarely as you said. I also do those with r12 ships in co-op vs ai.

Choice 2 on the 3rd part of the poll is funny. “I cannot live without a massive grind for measly rewards.”

All of this endeavor is too much for 1/90th or 3/90th (1/30th) of an alternative main module that doesn’t even have any social flash. No one will even know we got it. I could accept omitting the combat recon elements, and I could also live with reducing the rest of it drastically.

Waait. You can fulfill the combat recon tasks in Co-op?

3 hours ago, niripas said:

yeah. Any of them which don’t specify in pvp or pve can get done in co-op. There have been some beacon capture ones come through too.

On 9/10/2016 at 1:47 PM, niripas said:

After 20 Co-op battles, I still didn’t get the Combat Recon contract. Makes no difference to me.

today, I’ve been through 3 or 4 Combat Recon in co-op vs ai to complete the damage or destroy the captain in under 3 mins job. It didn’t register. I would damage/destroy the captain twice in the first 3 mins in some of those. The requirement says r8 ships or higher. I was using r12. I don’t know if this can be completed in co-op vs ai now. It does not specify that it has to be in pvp.

17 hours ago, Dazarco said:

today, I’ve been through 3 or 4 Combat Recon in co-op vs ai to complete the damage or destroy the captain in under 3 mins job. It didn’t register. I would damage/destroy the captain twice in the first 3 mins in some of those. The requirement says r8 ships or higher. I was using r12. I don’t know if this can be completed in co-op vs ai now. It does not specify that it has to be in pvp.

It’s AFTER 3 minutes.

Bumping because this is the only reason it takes me 5 hours to complete these missions. I go through 25 battles before I even hear rumour of a combat recon battle.

We’re still working on the system which will allows to chose tasks from several different ones. I believe it will let you just not to do Combat recon assignments, if you want another one)

A fix would be great! I had to do damage or kill the cap in combat recon and that is just suicide in pvp half the time and in coop a destroyer just destroys it half the time. Happened the last few days. I play for hours and finally get combat recon (3 in a row in fact(crazy)) and then some destroyer, even after I stated I been waiting all day for CR, then said I need to do damage when I finally got it, the destroyer was already on it, I said don’t kill it yet and 2 seconds later dead. This is ultra irritating when CR is as rare as its been lately.

On 09/11/2016 at 9:19 AM, CinnamonFake said:

We’re still working on the system which will allows to chose tasks from several different ones. I believe it will let you just not to do Combat recon assignments, if you want another one)

this

I want to suggest a new Combat Recon Mode.

no Player will be Captain but instead give each team one Station. As long as the team owns a station, member of that team can respawn.

OR

no Captain but instead give each team a bomb like item, respawn is possible as long as one of the team members carry that item.

18 hours ago, OriirO said:

I want to suggest a new Combat Recon Mode.

no Player will be Captain but instead give each team one Station. As long as the team owns a station, member of that team can respawn.

OR

no Captain but instead give each team a bomb like item, respawn is possible as long as one of the team members carry that item.

Station defense would be too easy to rush and impossible to defend.

Capture the flag would be super fun tho. I’m for that.