4 people per team is too small?

I think it is because if one person is a dud, it really hampers their team. I know this is true with a team any size, but the smaller they get, the more it hurts. I think minimum of 5 would ease this problem a little bit. Plus games like the capture the three beacons I think are just a bit too much with only 4 people, given that 3 of them may be dead at some point, giving the enemy team a chance to really steamroll. 

What do you think?

I’ve seen 3v3 games in tier 5 with two bots per side. Fun times.

Of course more people per team is always better, but in low activity times, 4v4 is already an accomplishment.

What exactly do you want to say with this suggestion?

I think what he’s trying to say is that he wants the matchmaker to focus on creating larger games, and I’m sure a lot of us agree, but a lot also disagree.

Personally, I agree, but to an extent. When there aren’t enough players online to support creating larger games within a reasonable amount of time, small games are fine, but when lots of people are online, the matchmaker should focus more on making larger games.

What exactly do you want to say with this suggestion?

That maybe the minimum number of people necessary for a game to start should be upped to 5 people per team, making 5v5 games. I would be fine with adding a bot for the 5th players in what would be 4v4 games. I just thing 4v4 games are too dependent on all players on the team being capable and connected. That 5th bot would help even out the game in event of one player being disconnected or really lousy. I know its tricky though cause it’s a balance between longer wait times and better matches. 

There had been bots that increased the team size, but most players found them annoying instead of helpfull.

But most players found them annoying instead of helpfull.

Yes, they are.

Yes, I personally think the minimum should be 4 v 4 if all players are in a squad, and otherwise it should be 6 vs 6.  That way, a player can take engineer and not feel like it is being wasted.  I never see engies in low player games, and it is annoying.

1 dud definitely hurts, but 1 good player can carry the team.

I have done this many time against enemy teams in my bubble spark.

What i want is matchmaker to make more even teams. 

Yes, I personally think the minimum should be 4 v 4 if all players are in a squad, and otherwise it should be 6 vs 6.  That way, a player can take engineer and not feel like it is being wasted.  I never see engies in low player games, and it is annoying.

I rarely see them in big games (the ones with no heals dont count)

What i want is matchmaker to make more even teams. 

53579315.jpg

There had been bots that increased the team size, but most players found them annoying instead of helpfull.

Yeah, I would agree large numbers of them would be. Tier 1 is kinda training anyways so I can see why they are at that tier. But maybe for tier II, they could limit it to one bot per team and only to bump the teams from 4 to 5. 

I don’t know, maybe my opinion will change when I get good enough to carry a team. 

Yeah, I would agree large numbers of them would be. Tier 1 is kinda training anyways so I can see why they are at that tier. But maybe for tier II, they could limit it to one bot per team and only to bump the teams from 4 to 5. 

I don’t know, maybe my opinion will change when I get good enough to carry a team. 

There was 1 bot per team.