This is the kind of thing that makes new players quit the game. (…)
When I see a newbie typing angrily about having to fight against enemies that are 1 tier above him in general chat, I can’t find any words of comfort to tell him. Best I can say is “get to r15 and you won’t have to face higher enemies”. Most I see do not get above r7.
g4borg, on 2 June 2016 - 12:33 PM, said:
mentor system should have gone until t3, then it may have been something
it is really nearly impossible as you said jasan, without knowing someone out of game who just started (…)
Divide of SC into two hangar situations:
#1) The situation of the three standard hangar stations : Guardian-17 (Empire), Mendes-IX (Jericho), New Eden (Federation) for new players and players with base ships of lower ranks. That would imply: players with e.g. normal lower rank 1-7 ships could only buy or craft up to rank 7 ships.
#2) Three new hangars in the dreadnoughts (in Corporate Shipyards) for experienced and veteran players and players with base ships of higher ranks. That would imply: players with e.g. normal higher rank 10 ships could only buy or craft up to rank 10 ships.
(pictures: the 3 Dreadnoughts)
(pictures: approaching the dock of ‘Nemesis’, by Rennie Ash)
#3) [Dock at Fort Muerto](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/29042-dock-at-fort-muerto/) in the center of the open space map for players with negative Karma (see also [TTG suggestion: fort muerto](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/24170-ttg-suggestion-fort-muerto/) , and [Fort Vida: elite pilot station](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/26501-fort-vida-elite-pilot-station/) ). Or: a hidden Pirate asteroid base (or maybe 3 Pirate bases in the sectors Raider Range [Emp.], Smugglers Hideout [Fed.], Sorting Facility [Jer.]) for players who like free open space gameplay with pirate style ships. Requirement: negative Karma , that means neg Karma allows a player only to dock in these Pirate Bases.
(picture: Fort Muerto)
(picture: Pirate Base)
* Same game and GUI mechanics as is but two branches: basic and advanced (switch through dock in station/dreadnought)
** Lower ranked ships for basic branch can only dock to three Base Stations -> gives access to Academies
** Higher ranked ships for advanced branch can additionally dock in new Dreadnought Hangars -> gives access to Corporations
** Only negative Karma pilots (Pirates) can dock at Fort Muerto in the center of the open space map
* Battle “Launch” options (modes of play: PvP,PvE,PvAI) will be differentiated a bit: heavier stuff for advanced
* All 4 Crews (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta) will be acquirable in basic branch (not only since buy/craft/reach rank15 ships)
* Premium ships can only be bought and crafted according to rank of normal ships reached so far
* In the two hangar branches (basic=base stations, advanced=dreadnought dock) only ships of that rank-range are selectable from ships tree to put in slots for battle
* Two MatchMaker branches would have only to deal with basic ranks, or advanced ranks -in other words from pre-selected
* The Corporations will get accessible by docking in the new hangars in the Dreadnoughts (that is : advanced branch)
** There will be an corps-info portal where corps can advertise and recruit new members
* New Academies for the basic branch to train new players
** Like GMs and FMs, players can apply for Academy leadership, training officers etc. in basic branch
Note: This is Suggestion in Progress, if this suggestion is helpful, I need feedback and input from experienced players… Thank you!
Edits : this will get updated …