3 dozen ships, 4 months to acquire, 12 years a slave?

10x Ellydium
9x Tier ‘6’
9x Destroyer
4x Unique
4x The Beasts yet to come

3 dozen ships * 4 months each = 12 years a peasant slave farmer.

Based on 450 monocrystal average (or upgrade time/xenos), at 4 monocrystals per day.

Does not include monocrystal cost of unique, alien or Mk.5 modules.

Does not include GS cost of trades required for parts, due to RNG probability boxes.

36 is the number of the Beast? - Rev 13:4 - “Who is like the Beast? Who can fight against him?” - Also, Thomas Hobbes’ Leviathan.

inb4; banned for religious discussion for making a philosophical allusion. ;p

It’s actually not worse than you think! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Get a Premium License and you can become less of a slave!

Every game has a bottleneck resource of some kind, for me its monos in this one. I wonder if the premium ship part mono farm is still a thing?

Every PvE game maybe. This nonsense doesn’t belong in PvP because it’s no longer about skill, just acquiring items through investing massive amounts of time or $$$. I sure didn’t expect to have to sink 12 years into the game, or 4 months for 1 ship, or even 12 months total for that matter (12x-24x the grind), or spend more $$$ after already having invested $150 in what used to be a PvP game… It seems like another ‘pyramid’ scheme to me: Just keep adding better ships on top of the pyramid… a grand strategy of forced upgrades or planned obsolescence.

Keep in mind, I bought my T4 prems before T5 prems, player-built, unique or destroyers were even released. I feel as if I was mislead about the amount of time and $$$ I would need to invest into this product to keep up and compete with Aristocratic ships; those in ‘power’, which are simply ‘better’ than the rest. Such an exclusive business model.

Keep buying a license they said, 6 years instead of 12 she said, $500 nobody ever has said. (Keep paying 2 win basically)

it only true, if you are an old player like me.
For new players, they give rank up rewards, so when they reach R15 they already have the parts for one of the endgame ship. So its like -4 month ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) 

This game is getting old. Nothing but gimmicks and old tricks.

For example, you have Thar’Ga, which can warp to captain, push all modules, and insta-win… with a few key presses.

Obviously, working as intended. Whatever. Or complete an attack run, escape and heal up… Whatever, such nonsense.

All of this is kaput game design is literally being abused.

On top of that, T5 repair costs are now partially due to imba/OP ships going on killing sprees. Rewards are also reduced, since they steal all kills when on your team…

Thar’Ga: DPS > Gunship, Mobility > Recon, the disable of an ECM, and heals of an engineer. Why are there even other units in the game for that matter?
 To support the Thar’Ga?

1 hour ago, betatrash said:

This game is getting old. Nothing but gimmicks and old tricks.

For example, you have Thar’Ga, which can warp to captain, push all modules, and insta-win… with a few key presses.

Obviously, working as intended. Whatever. Or complete an attack run, escape and heal up… Whatever, such nonsense.

All of this is kaput game design is literally being abused.

On top of that, T5 repair costs are now partially due to imba/OP ships going on killing sprees. Rewards are also reduced, since they steal all kills when on your team…

Thar’Ga: DPS > Gunship, Mobility > Recon, the disable of an ECM, and heals of an engineer. Why are there even other units in the game for that matter?
 To support the Thar’Ga?

You obviously hate this game… Why are you staying around? Still playing, spamming forum with same whining all the time?

I’ve actually only been back a month, after a 3 year hiatus. Been posting on forum in the past week or two. Get your facts straight at least.

22 hours ago, betatrash said:

10x Ellydium
9x Tier ‘6’
9x Destroyer
4x Unique
4x The Beasts yet to come

3 dozen ships * 4 months each = 12 years a peasant slave farmer.

Based on 450 monocrystal average (or upgrade time/xenos), at 4 monocrystals per day.

4 Monos per day means that you are only doing OS missions. Active playing ups that to guaranteed 10 per day, not including drops etc. Being in active corp you can easily hit 50 per day. Or 200 iridium. Or 40 xenocrystals.  Not to mention that you don’t need to build all the ships. 

2 hours ago, betatrash said:

• Tharga warping to captain? Killing him in one attack run? Only possible with a warpgate + very poor captain ship choice. If enemy captain is in LRF, you can kill him even in normal recon…
  • attack run, escape and heal up - that tactics is called “diving” - in such games for years
  • if you would pay attention winning or losing the game has a difference of only 10% regarding credits. Places in the leader board have similar span. 

Also one more question - why do you want to be hated so much? Every single time you are trying to write something, there are insults, calling people names. Last time you called GMs - “Aristocrats” when in some other place you called aristocrats “tyranny”. Is this really your purpose in life? To gather as much enemies as possible, then write something in the area of “everyone hates me and in game aristocrats on  their pay 2 win ships are killing my white recon in team battle, so I had to self destruct few times in a row to end such nonsense”. Is this what gives you a pleasure in this game?

2 hours ago, MightyHoot said:

You obviously hate this game… Why are you staying around? Still playing, spamming forum with same whining all the time?

Even tillo is tired of this lol

16 hours ago, niripas said:

Active playing ups that to guaranteed 10 per day

Being in active corp you can easily hit 50 per day.

Such rhetoric… You know, I told someone in global ‘Kost just told me how easy it is for any corp to get 50 monos/day’, and he laughed pretty hard.

‘Active playing’ meaning with a license 4x 2, plus 2 from SCL? SCL is for active corps, and memberships add up to P2W (or keep paying to win).

‘Active playing’ alone actually gives you 4 per day, from OS missions.

‘Active corps’ meaning NASA? I know of no other corp that ‘easilty hits’ 50 monos per day, since NASA has monopolized all the sectors.

‘Active corps’ actually gain the same amount as other players, plus a possible 2 from SCL. Unless their members have premium, it’s still 4 per day.

I still have no idea how you came up with the number 50 though.

Btw, side note: That -3 for kill in spawn, it only applies to some modes. Also, it’s bugged, as I incurred -3 after micro-warping all the way to enemy side, not even from my own spawn but from a bit further out. But I don’t care for reporting bugs any more, since I’d have to report the game as a whole at this point, and nobody will listen anyways.

- Only possible with a warpgate + very poor captain ship choice.

• attack run, escape and heal up - that tactics is called “diving” - in such games for years
  • if you would pay attention winning or losing the game has a difference of only 10% regarding credits. Places in the leader board have similar span.

Teleportation Sphere provides a 2k warp. Add engine overcharge and it has as much mobility as a recon… Anyways, this was never intended to be a ‘feature’ of Gunships for good cause. Neither was healing.

Don’t know what sort of LRFs you’re shooting at on a recon, but the ones I shoot take 30-60 secs to kill, depending on tank, and longer if they have Reverse Thruster.

If I might add, Reverse Warp having lower Cooldown (43.1s) than Recon’s Warp (45s) is beyond me… It should be at least 60-65s… and Guns + Scatter has to stop.

In fact, Tai’Kin’s warp cooldown is 35 secs, and occurs faster than (3 warps in 35 secs, within 6 secs), with no travel time, compared to Recon’s warp at 45 secs…

And Synthesis sphere, Antifriction Sphere???  -21.3% AB cost, +80% strafe, +36.8% accel… and Compare that to Inertial Stab +45% strafe, +45% accel… huge 110% accel on antifriction (AB is used 90% of time to accel).

These ships are simply superior in EVERY WAY POSSIBLE. It’s UNDENIABLE… I see Thar’Gas dancing about faster than recons…

• Name a single other gunship that can do attack runs, then warp away, or heal itself, or CC the enemy for 5 seconds, while also doing 2.5k damage? It’s a gunship, recon, engineer and ECM all in one. It’s just kaput… does everything you’d want it to at once. Not to mention, most of its modules are apparently immune to ECM.

• Kills and objectives increase credits/synergy gained. I thought that much would be obvious. Getting blown up by imba junk has an effect on repair cost.

Also one more question

It’s a form of allegorical/metaphorical criticism though; a reflection on or contemplation of reality. It’s not my fault people don’t read philosophy. Everyone hates philosophers though. It’s the anti-academic polemic epidemic.

8 hours ago, niripas said:

4 Monos per day means that you are only doing OS missions. Active playing ups that to guaranteed 10 per day, not including drops etc. Being in active corp you can easily hit 50 per day. Or 200 iridium. Or 40 xenocrystals.  Not to mention that you don’t need to build all the ships. 

• Tharga warping to captain? Killing him in one attack run? Only possible with a warpgate + very poor captain ship choice. If enemy captain is in LRF, you can kill him even in normal recon…

Also one more question - why do you want to be hated so much? Every single time you are trying to write something, there are insults, calling people names. Last time you called GMs - “Aristocrats” when in some other place you called aristocrats “tyranny”. Is this really your purpose in life? To gather as much enemies as possible, then write something in the area of “everyone hates me and in game aristocrats on  their pay 2 win ships are killing my white recon in team battle, so I had to self destruct few times in a row to end such nonsense”. Is this what gives you a pleasure in this game?

But he is right about p2w, u know.

6 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Even tillo is tired of this lol

Not rly, just trying to understand why waste time on something he doesn’t like.

5 hours ago, betatrash said:

It’s a form of allegorical/metaphorical criticism though; a reflection on or contemplation of reality. It’s not my fault people don’t read philosophy. Everyone hates philosophers though. It’s the anti-academic polemic epidemic.

36655241cc69e9d87b383d75fb4bd418_watch-o

6 hours ago, betatrash said:

Such rhetoric… You know, I told someone in global ‘Kost just told me how easy it is for any corp to get 50 monos/day’, and he laughed pretty hard.

‘Active playing’ meaning

‘Active playing’ means playing for at least an hour a day, using all possible sources. And no, you don’t need a licence to hit guaranteed 10 per day. Active corp - NASA has monocrystal sectors (for them we are constantly battling with Dojo - sometimes they win), other corps have other sectors (xenocrystals, iridium). Iridium can be traded for monos for example. 50 monocrystals per day? If you use all methods of earning monocrystals available, thats the number you can get please see in game hints and the game manual how to achieve that. However - that requires very active playing with around 30-40 battles (depending on your skill and your squad). Still no licence required. 

Self destructing in own spawn counts for -3 points for your team in Team Battle and Survival modes. Dying while normal invulnerability timer is still active - counts for -3 points as well. So if you will fly for 2 seconds, warp and crash - still -3 - but at least that’s a try to help your team. Self-destructing multiple times is aiding enemy team to win (please see the game rules).

Teleportation sphere has a range of 2k = 3-5 seconds of normal flight. If that Thar’ga is attacking, you still should have her in range. Also - were you outmaneuvered by tharga flying a recon? Change your build. Kosty made an excellent thread how to build ships to counter fast, agile targets. It’s old, but still valid.

Don’t know what sort of LRFs you’re shooting at on a recon, but the ones I shoot take 30-60 secs to kill, depending on tank, and longer if they have Reverse Thruster.
If I might add, Reverse Warp having lower Cooldown (43.1s) than Recon’s Warp (45s) is beyond me… It should be at least 60-65s… and Guns + Scatter has to stop.

If you will stay behind them, it will block their Reverse Thrusters, and you will be in range of maybe 1 turret. Also if LRF will try to use RT, it’s resists are dropping (50 pts) making it even easier to kill. I’m using crit builds with kinetic guns for that task (I will be very close to the target and taking his shield while positioning with shield drain. It leaves nice, bare hull to chew on). 

Kills and objectives increase credits/synergy gained. I thought that much would be obvious. Getting blown up by imba junk has an effect on repair cost.

Those two are not describing the same situation. Synergy is proportional to damage dealt, kill stealing has a little impact on that. If you did the most damage to the target, your synergy gain can be higher than player that finished the target. 
Kills and objectives increasing synergy gains, yes (capping a beacon sometimes is worth much more than kill). However each self-destruct adds to repair costs. Credit income is pretty close for all players (IIRC the range is about 10% difference). 

Name a single other gunship that can do attack runs, then warp away, or heal itself, or CC the enemy for 5 seconds, while also doing 2.5k damage?

Piranha-B2. Thar’ga self healing abilities are pretty low now. Matter absorber will heal Tharga for 2300 points if a ship dies in 750m radius. Hive will damage your ship  for 2320 points, healing you back for 1950 if you will deactivate it manually. Combat reconstructor  - you have to survive for 8 seconds under fire and it will repair at max half of your hull.  Add to this 50% penalty of healing by other sources. Also - if that Thar’ga just used teleportation sphere to get into the combat zone, she cannot warp out of the battle (unless you will allow it to survive for 28 seconds, and even then she still will be in range of most guns). Personally I’m only using Inhibitor Swarm from the range of Ellydium modules. All others are eating your hull when activated.

6 hours ago, betatrash said:

As long as it doesn’t break Game Rules or EULA, you are fine in the chat. Unfortunately you seem to border on violating them most of the time, throwing convoluted insults at people. Please stop that practice. We had another Canadian that was using very similar tone in his messages, it occured he was trying to enforce his believes (not only religious) on other players. People still  remember that and reacting nervously when they see something similar. There are multiple reports on your messages and playstyle.

19 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Every game has a bottleneck resource of some kind, for me its monos in this one. I wonder if the premium ship part mono farm is still a thing?

What ship part? 

You don’t get ship parts anymore.  ![:facepalm:](< base_url >/uploads/emoticons/014j.png “:facepalm:”)

Wouldn’t know, havent farmed them in months ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

57 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

What ship part? 

You don’t get ship parts anymore.  ![:facepalm:](< base_url >/uploads/emoticons/014j.png “:facepalm:”)

you do but it’s rare

[@niripas](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/244639-niripas/)

50 monocrystals per day? If you use all methods of earning monocrystals available, thats the number you can get please see in game hints and the game manual how to achieve that. However - that requires very active playing with around 30-40 battles (depending on your skill and your squad). Still no licence required.

LMAO. So rhetorical. I see no such method. If it were so common, everyone would be making 50 monos a day, but they’re making 4.

• -3 for microwarp spawn protection death is an anti-western player lag mechanic (must wait 10 secs). Increased collision damage acts as the same; a penalty for players with 120-140 ping, nothing more. That’s beyond lame, such that I can’t even begin to describe. Crashing in a 7.5k hull command at 300m/s in survival = death, not survival = 4k hull damage… Quite literally ‘killed by lag’, or ‘lag death’… nothing to do with ‘pilot skill’, just bad game design.

• Teleportation is enough to get past your defenders, cause them to have to visually re-acquire the target, and close the distance to within firing range. Tai’kin has the same thing. In fact, it can warp 3 times in 35 secs, compared to recon once in 45 secs, and LRF once in 43.1 secs…

• You can’t stay 100% perfectly behind an LRF with enough rotation speed to prevent Reverse Thruster. They will simply turn and activate it when you aren’t directly behind them. Some will even warp immediately as they are hit. Shield remod? Uhm… IR Pulsar/Scatter bro… you don’t play much recon, do you? Nobody does, and I don’t blame them.

• How are you going to do most damage when it’s a fact that these new imba ships do the most? That’s why they get most kills… only sometimes by actively killstealing… but it’s simply because they do more DPS, so they have a higher chance of scoring the kill if both players are constantly shooting the target. It’s simple really… nothing complicated.

• Thar’Ga healing is LOW? ROFLMAO… Despite the fact it doesn’t matter… it should have none… how about… 4.5k heals, not 2.5k as you described. How about Crystal Hunger 4.5k (If 2 ships die in 750m, 9k)? Hive 3.5k? Matter Absorber 3.5k (every time a ships dies in 750m)? Condensing Crystals 6k? How about Static Shield generator, 1000 points/sec? How about Combat Shield regen 250-1500 points/sec? Heals? The thing has half a dozen heals… On top of Shield Booster and Rep Kits… and Engineers… KAPUT! Oh wait, but it also has Energy Converter to synergize with high resists and heals!

We had another Canadian that was using very similar tone in his messages, it occured he was trying to enforce his believes (not only religious) on other players. People still  remember that and reacting nervously when they see something similar. There are multiple reports on your messages and playstyle.

So they infraction me for anti-Russian comments, when I made a vodka/balance joke, yet here you are singling out Canadians, yet no infraction points? Interesting…

I don’t think this has anything to do with being Canadian, as I’m actually Polish. I don’t think I tried to force anything upon anyone, thanks. Please don’t imply such things. They are only a figment of your imagination, not to mention the other rhetorical language you’ve used as an insult, simply to claim plausible deniability.

Calling someone ‘new’ for example and saying they ‘need help’ because they ‘do not know what they are doing’ is a form of rhetorical insult.

Blatantly lying on Steam community, claiming you are impartial, and not a forum/game moderator/master is also a form a rhetoric. You seem to be a master at it. Btw, a master is an aristocrat, aren’t they?

No wonder nothing is ever fixed around here. None of the moderators are actually impartial. They all have some sort of conflict of interest, or status quo to maintain, in support of these OP/imba ships (or their Corp). Those suggestions probably never make it past the gate… This is what you define as an ‘aristocracy’.

4 hours ago, MightyHoot said:

you do but it’s rare

You don’t. They are available only during events now. 

2 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

You don’t. They are available only during events now. 

what events?!

inb4; Next we’ll be discussing how self-destructing is ‘griefing’ to Thar’Ga and Tai’Kin players because they can’t farm kills… what about Thar’Ga and Tai’Kin ‘griefing’ other players by being kaput beyond belief? Working as intended?

I have hundreds of screenshots with zero to a few kills for the team, but 30+ for the enemy with 20+ for Thar’Ga and Tai’Kin. Fear the day I post them all. I probably have a few in reverse, but I tend not to scrutinize wins as much as losses.

As a side note: Ever seen a captain in a frigate lately? I have, but not for long… this remains a mystery…

Btw, the captain timer is bugged. Instead of showing HP, it shows a new timer beginning at 200 secs or so… but I’m sure everyone is aware since last week… Why it doesn’t show HP before timer ends (and captain becomes vulnerable) is another peculiar matter…