12vs12

Somehow the devs overdid it, I mean the whole idea of player joining after the match started is a nice solution to cut down waiting times, but if 12vs12 is now the new black than I’m out of here. Seriously this is no fun, just a big slaughter house where the tanky ships win by simply firing into the bulk with their longrange weapons. It’s very messy and chaotic, not much tactical flying anymore except maybe if you’re in a squad (which I’m not).

Please reduce the maxsize to 8vs8 or let us chose between 8vs8 or 12vs12.

Just learn to adapt :wink:

Big games can be very fun :wink:

Try a 1v1. Or if in a squad; 2v2.

Not fun when the enemy brings a guard or other tanky ship.

Big games are epic :smiley: And you actually feel like you are in a space battle, and not just a little skirmish.

When i joined this game t3 was always 12vs12. It was awesome and now it’s awesome again. You can get such huge matches every 3 seconds (at least today) where finally one guy or one well fitted ship can’t rule like in smaller match. Not even an ecm spam can destroy the fun (well… Maybe they can). This is the reborn of this game. Please don’t even start with this argument.

It is amazing to finally have such large games even in higher tiers; smaller games aren’t really fun. 6v6 is where the game really starts. I don’t know if it’s just because of a large influx of players checking out the patch or if this will really be the new norm, but I’ll be enjoying my games in the meantime.

… I don’t know if it’s just because of a large influx of players checking out the patch or if this will really be the new norm, but I’ll be enjoying my games in the meantime.

Same here. Let’s have fun 'till it last.

Same here. Let’s have fun 'till it last.

Is T5 like that now too? I mean 12v12 I need to know for scientific purposes.

7ZgLtWW.png

HhQ6KuU.png

Yup :slight_smile:

XORTIzZ.jpg

Can’t wait to get back to my gaming puter tomorrow to join in on all the fun. It’s been a while since playing in large games :slight_smile:

UvXoOmh.gif

And the matches are surprisingly more balanced, and because there is always action, you aren’t feeling helpless waiting to respawn or hoping your team isn’t charging one at a time etc. More action, less queuing >:)

-sniffs- that is the beautiful 12v12 T5 match I’ve ever seen. I CAN ALMOST CRY.

Well I feel kinda lika in this thread, me against the world, hehe. And yes I was speaking about T5, every match was 12vs12. Beacon modes were somewhat fun but teambattle, recon and bomb were just a big mess. Maybe it was just the shock of suddenly have to deal with so many opponents from so many directions or I’m just too old for this bee house fighting - or the time has finally come where I need to find myself a corp :smiley:

It is really hard to switch from 3v3/4v4s to 8v8/12v12, quite a few builds and ship hangar combos are quite different in these situation, and the gameplay is very different too. For the last year i was having 4v4, 5v5 T5 tops, rarely plaid t3 and even then had like 5v5 due to my time zone. With new game matches it feels very chaotic and really does takes time to adopt.

But at the end, the bigger the match the more fun they are overall, and filled with more action but more randomness too.

12v12 is fine. The problem is the objectives and time limits are being set for 3v3 matches. In these bigger games, you need more time to shift your strategy, regroup and counter-attack. As it is, if the enemy can capture 2-3 beacons in a row, or get one good push in detonation, you’ve lost because you’ll never have time to make up the difference.

I love the randomness of the big games. Since the personal contribution is less than before, I don’t feel like I have to carry every game now, and I can just fly for fun support ships like commands, tacklers or even engineers and LRFs.

Also, finally the devs will have enough data to balance (if needed) the Tier 5 stuff.

I also like new PVP but yesterday had a lot of lag + teames were unbalanced to much. If devs get those things in order this game will become the best one online

The new Pvp is really fun! The best MM. Change so far!

As my Stuff is not suited for big games i am gonna have to rethink it but it is totally worth it!