1.5.1 open space is moot point now

with the new update the mining droids have vanished , now you must go back to base when full… full of what ??   you mayu ask because no longer is it  worth anything to go into OS and play , they took away the drops … who cares if I kill a transport now,  used to spend hours in OS  with friends, now , I don’t even want to play your game .

the new update merely changed the way missions are looked at, and gave us a different way to  be told to do them … I see not much of worth added yet you took away so much of the game 

HOW THE HECK ARE CORPORATIONS SUPPOSED TO FUNCTION ?? YOU TOOK AWAY THE IRIDIUM QUESTS   YOUR DEVS IN ONE FELL SWOOP  KILLED THIS GAME  MANY MORE PEOPLE ARE LEAVING … THE BIGGEWST PROBLEM WAS NOT ENOUGH PEPOLE , LONG QUE TIMES MISSMATCHED mm AND ILL BE CARNED IF YOU DIDNT JUST MAKE IT TWICE AS BAD 

Ores drop ores now instead of credits.

Loot from enemies is rarer but it is always something good instead of credit trash now.

Pirate stashes contain mysterious container’s contents now.

Enemies are somewhat easier to fight.

Return to dock is free.

Warping through space is free (or cheap 10iri if you go somewhere else)

Fuel is no longer needed for flight.

Cargo drones are just hidden in logical places instead of over gates now.

Space is trash free.

Space is clean.

Missions give useful rewards now.

You can get hella electrum and beryllium now.

Why do people complain about the good stuff when they are just too lazy to try it out.

24 minutes ago, AngryCatfish said:

with the new update the mining droids have vanished , now you must go back to base when full… full of what ??   you mayu ask because no longer is it  worth anything to go into OS and play , they took away the drops … who cares if I kill a transport now,  used to spend hours in OS  with friends, now , I don’t even want to play your game .

the new update merely changed the way missions are looked at, and gave us a different way to  be told to do them … I see not much of worth added yet you took away so much of the game 

HOW THE HECK ARE CORPORATIONS SUPPOSED TO FUNCTION ?? YOU TOOK AWAY THE IRIDIUM QUESTS   YOUR DEVS IN ONE FELL SWOOP  KILLED THIS GAME  MANY MORE PEOPLE ARE LEAVING … THE BIGGEWST PROBLEM WAS NOT ENOUGH PEPOLE , LONG QUE TIMES MISSMATCHED mm AND ILL BE CARNED IF YOU DIDNT JUST MAKE IT TWICE AS BAD 

We all know that reading is an art lost. 

I know that you prefer to whine about everything, scream till someone will read the patchnotes for you, will send you a link pointing out to the subject. Basically all your questions are answered already in the patchnotes or on the forum. Or in the game manual.

You can get 5-6 ores per minute in OS (HINT: which would be impossible if drones were gone), which is MUCH more than any other mode in this game. And you can find almost everything there.

Corporations will be fine - they will just switch to previous mode of funding. 

You also haven’t noticed that now every purple slot can give iridium, so from Destroyer specops I got over a 100 iridium for 3 minute battle. 

But yeah, simpler way than reading and understanding about changes is to play dumb and yell. So if you don’t want to play this game - don’t. Go away. A lot of people will be happy not having to read your stupid rants.

4 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Ores drop ores now instead of credits.

Loot from enemies is rarer but it is always something good instead of credit trash now.

Enemies are somewhat easier to fight.

Return to dock is free.

Warping through space is free (or cheap 10iri if you go somewhere else)

Fuel is no longer needed for flight.

Space is trash free.

Space is clean.

Missions give useful rewards now.

You can get hella electrum and beryllium now.

Why do people complain about the good stuff when they are just too lazy to try it out.

This is how I feel and how I experienced it.

I was all day in open space now,

I like look of it since graphic is better.

I like that we don’t need any more fuel cell.

I like that ore gives ore

I like that we have ammo in containers and for me it makes sense.

I like that return to dock is free.

I like new ATLAS that we have with all modules, weapons, and ships.

I like that Pirate stashes have good loot now.

I don’t like displacement of cargo drones (it is not logical for me - waste of time that I have to search them)

I don’t like that I was farming NPC in some sector and when I finally got something we had fix update and I lost all my cargo.

I don’t like that new gunship is weak

I don’t like that mine xenochips were lost by devs.

I don’t like the look of new icons for modules.

I don’t like this; http://prntscr.com/inmdtj

I don’t like that it says same for all new modules on Wolfhound.

I don’t like that Wolfhound is fatter than guards 

I don’t like this either http://prntscr.com/inmhiy Wolfhound looks twice as big as Octopus.

I don’t like that I paid tons of enriched electrum to get Wolfhound and can’t select passive build as I would prefer.

I don’t like that we can’t choose R4 and R8 bonuses on Wolfhound.

I don’t like that I have to wait 8min for PvE.

I don’t like that we have to undock more complicated than before.

I don’t like that my station protection is not working (I tested this on purpose, normally I have it off ).

I don’t like this; http://prntscr.com/inmrc0  all data lost from my rewards.

I’m not sure about this;  Enemies are somewhat easier to fight. Since I was in open with Wolfhound.

This is what I tested for now since I was in open space and didn’t have much time to test PvP if MM is better then before.

54 minutes ago, LameKing said:

You also haven’t noticed that now every purple slot can give iridium, so from Destroyer specops I got over a 100 iridium for 3 minute battle. 

a 3 min spec ops  … you don’t do random queues very often

13 minutes ago, SunnySweet said:

This is how I feel and how I experienced it.

I was all day in open space now,

I like look of it since graphic is better.

I like that we don’t need any more fuel cell.

I like that ore gives ore

I like that we have ammo in containers and for me it makes sense.

I like that return to dock is free.

I like new ATLAS that we have with all modules, weapons, and ships.

I like that Pirate stashes have good loot now.

I don’t like displacement of cargo drones (it is not logical for me - waste of time that I have to search them)

I don’t like that I was farming NPC in some sector and when I finally got something we had fix update and I lost all my cargo.

I don’t like that new gunship is weak

I don’t like that mine xenochips were lost by devs.

I don’t like the look of new icons for modules.

I don’t like this; http://prntscr.com/inmdtj

I don’t like that it says same for all new modules on Wolfhound.

I don’t like that Wolfhound is fatter than guards 

I don’t like this either http://prntscr.com/inmhiy Wolfhound looks twice as big as Octopus.

I don’t like that I paid tons of enriched electrum to get Wolfhound and can’t select passive build as I would prefer.

I don’t like that we can’t choose R4 and R8 bonuses on Wolfhound.

I don’t like that I have to wait 8min for PvE.

I don’t like that we have to undock more complicated than before.

I don’t like that my station protection is not working (I tested this on purpose, normally I have it off ).

I don’t like this; http://prntscr.com/inmrc0  all data lost from my rewards.

I’m not sure about this;  Enemies are somewhat easier to fight. Since I was in open with Wolfhound.

This is what I tested for now since I was in open space and didn’t have much time to test PvP if MM is better then before.

I didn’t fall for the  wolfhound hype  I looked at the useless stats before I payed 720 electrum and I looked at the weapon and modules cost too … as far as OS its easier  if not for the iridium cost (remember fox you get 150 iridium a day more or less) and boxes cost 200-300 and  you get 15 jumps a day to do quests or  hours flying … but  I have yet to find a box  … just ore  thats free now and no longer needs to be  farmed why you would farm it  is  a mystery to me …

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Didn’t get a single loot drop so far, I liked the credit trash better.

Space is trash free.

Space is clean.

I’m missing the lootable variety to be honest, before, we could get loot from Ship debris, Blackwood containers, Lost Cargo and other things, now all we have are the flat boxes, that sucks tbh.

I liked the excitement of seeing blue colour on the scanner much better. Also, pirate stashec contained some of those before if I am not mistaken.

Otherwise, I like the changes to the OS, especially the map looks really cool. But now with the introduction of Iridium used as “fuel”, it would be nice if we could have iridium as a rare OS drop again. There is also a lot of minor bugs, such as pirate outposts that you are tasked to destroy which are under station protection or hostile pirates using federation police ships and so on.

Oh, and it also crashes a lot…

I like the new more dark theme in OS. It feels more like a space game.

I also like Fox’ list of changes, very well summarized for someone like me who never does much OS.

1 hour ago, Original_Taz said:

I didn’t fall for the  wolfhound hype  I looked at the useless stats before I payed 720 electrum and I looked at the weapon and modules cost too … as far as OS its easier  if not for the iridium cost (remember fox you get 150 iridium a day more or less) and boxes cost 200-300 and  you get 15 jumps a day to do quests or  hours flying … but  I have yet to find a box  … just ore  thats free now and no longer needs to be  farmed why you would farm it  is  a mystery to me …

You don’t need to pay any iridium if you don’t want to. Jumps between hangars are free, so  if you want to do the quest you can just jump to the hangar nearest to the quest location and fly there.

Regarding drops in OS - it will come to you. 

9 minutes ago, niripas said:

You don’t need to pay any iridium if you don’t want to. Jumps between hangars are free, so  if you want to do the quest you can just jump to the hangar nearest to the quest location and fly there.

Regarding drops in OS - it will come to you. 

Yup exactly.

And patience is a virtue in space. Reward comes to those who wait.

I miss my old spatial loot farming route: Smugglers - Raider - Muerto - repeat. 

But, who cares! It has never been easier to get a lot of junk fast. Yes, we will have to poke around a week to find the drones. We used to have to find the new drop spots after every update for spatial loot. So no big deal. I would love to find out the average number of bad guys we have to kill to see drops via the Atlas. Tried 20 minutes today in one sector killing everything, never saw anything. I’m sure these values will get tweaked as well. Over all I find it hard to complain about the changes in OS…as long as you read a little and figure out how to use the map your good after an hour or so. BTW take time to fly the whole map, makes things easier.

2 hours ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

But now with the introduction of Iridium used as “fuel”, it would be nice if we could have iridium as a rare OS drop again

Well nevermind, they actually did put Iridium into OS containers. I am still to find any cargo drone though.

I did just that: flew the hole map (not every particular system though)

I’ve not spotted a single cargo send home drone ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”) , I searched a bit here and there and down yonder …

But my fps (gra-card settings are on low) doubled from ~30-35 to 70-75 FPS that’s ![:good:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/good.gif “:good:”)

Graphics and feel in the verse are much better.

The new MAP with the Atlas beside it is super!

The story-mission campaigne needs some fine tune, though

Cargo drones are hidden!?

1 hour ago, seekerjuanchis said:

Cargo drones are hidden!?

nope. They are just not at the gates.

Would be nice to have the spatial scanner lead you to the cargo drone, with the removal of Mysterious Containers it could have a purpose again. I didn’t do a total search, but I was flying around checking different spots and didn’t find any cargo drones.

[@AngryCatfish](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/261204-angrycatfish/) : Imho totally disagree – new open space is a real big-time

After Fleet-Upgrade, and with this great open space now, how about “Open Space-Module Upgrade”?

• Spatial Scanner could reveal cargo drone locations on the mini-map ?
  • How about golden hull modifier Extended Crystal Plates with +3/+6/+9 more cargo places (inty/fighter/frig)?

Or siomething else more usefull then the rather a little aged prem modules?

Current OS is like not even half of what its gonna be and even now its frickin awesome, complain about high prices for the new ships if you want to complain, OS is great imo.

13 hours ago, avarshina said:

I did just that: flew the hole map (not every particular system though)

I’ve not spotted a single cargo send home drone ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”) , I searched a bit here and there and down yonder …

But my fps (gra-card settings are on low) doubled from ~30-35 to 70-75 FPS that’s ![:good:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/good.gif “:good:”)

Graphics and feel in the verse are much better.

The new MAP with the Atlas beside it is super!

The story-mission campaigne needs some fine tune, though

Yep, that performance boost on Linux was long overdue. I finally do have constantly 60+fps also in big battles.

I personally would like to be able to zoom further out without loosing the detailed map, so far I like the old map more because I was able to see more at once. The Zone one is rather useless.

On 6.03.2018 at 3:14 PM, TheDarkRedFox said:

where are they? I found one drone two drones in Sorting Facility and Processing Ring. Where R rest of them then? any clue?