Ze'Ta Nerf

Hi, everyone!

I know this is a topic that pretty much every single player has experienced before in PvP, and if you own one, congrats. You just mastered the art of Pay to Win. So I’m not going to waste any more time, and just say what pretty much every player has been itching to say. But for this specific thread, I’ll try my best not to sound like a hater (which I am really tempted to be), and deal with this, debate-style.

First off, let’s gun down the points that just Ze’Ta absolutely masters.

• First, speed. It’s speed is about 40% faster than that of a stock Sirius, and it’s not even Federation tech. And so “The Federation’s ships are unmatched in top speed” is totally just abbreviated.
  • Second, its weapon range. The “Kai” Fission Emitter can reach ranges of 6 kilometers , and you can stretch it to 9km with just 1 Horizon Module CPU. And the standard-issue Halo Launcher 17 only can reach 5.1 kilometers. And hitting a Ze’Ta with only a Photon Emitter 17 (it’s literally the only weapon that can reach ranges of 9km or more)? Total pain in the neck. Especially when you consider Point 1 above.
  • Third, the Swarm. Normally this should be the ONLY special feature of the Ze’Ta since it is from ‘Ellydium’, but since there are other really unbalanced buffs, you get a total PvP nightmare. Say you were a Covert Ops Interceptor. You have a Ze’Ta on the enemy team trying to trash your team’s ships. You sneak up on it, hoping to use your Plasma Arc to blow out the Ze’Ta’s active modules, capacitor and engines. But when you try to sneak up on it, the Swarm (scenario 1) blasts you with its Turret and blows up your ship. (Scenario 2) finds you while you’re cloaked, swarm around your ship, dealing kinetic damage, and turns your ship into scrap. (Scenario 3) But even if your ship manages to survive all that, the big moment arrives. You fire up your Plasma Arc at point-blank range from behind. But to your surprise, he warps 2km away and blasts you instead.
  • Which brings me to point four: anti-module compromise. You can throw on a Wormhole Projector and a Displacement Sphere, and walla, you’re virtually immune to Covert Ops’ attacks on your ship. And forget about being trapped in Gravity Lens in Destroyer versus Destroyer battles. Your ship’s standard engines can outrun it easily.
  • And point 5: insane regeneration speeds. Normally, Destroyers can regenerate a modest 100 pts/s on their hulls (Regenerative Coating 17 Mk.I) and 480 pts/s of shields per second (shields inclusive of Federation/Imperial energy rerouter shield regen mode). But this time, the Ze’Ta can reach blazing speeds of up to 600 pts/s for their hull alone (1200 pts/s divided in half since Ellydium ships regen HP at 50% efficiency) and 406 pts/s of shields per second (464 pts/s standard regen + 75% regen speed via Ship Tree mods). That’s makes the total regeneratable hitpoints 1006 per second, compared to the measly 580 hitpoints/s that normal Destroyers can handle. That’s twice the regen speed of a normal Destroyer.

And you can already see the Ze’Ta’s effects on player trends. (Data acquired from SteamCharts) In December 2018, prior to the Ze’Ta’s release, peak player count reached 598 players (avg. 274 players), which increased to 789 players (avg 380.7 players) in January 2019, when the Ze’Ta was first introduced, a 38% gain in player count. Why not? Everyone has been anticipating a Destroyer to be released by ‘Ellydium’, and now’s the moment of truth. However, after they saw the price tag on it (both resource-wise and real-life-money-wise), things really started to go downhill afterwards. In February 2019, players peaked at 619 players (avg. 343 players), a 9% decrease, and dropped further to just 609 peak players (avg. 304.4 players), a 11.45% decrease, in March 2019. The statistics for the last 30 days are worst. Peak player counts only reached 496 players, 276.2 average, and warranted a 9% loss in player count. From here onwards, it’s just going to get worse and worse.

So here’s the final straw: deal with this problem now, or never deal with it and let the game’s PvP mode die slowly and painfully. It’s Cosmonautics Day, and players that are on the team that has more Ze’Tas than the other team is popping champagne and winning in their battles, while the other team yell, rage, scream and curse at their monitors for having wasted their time on a game that recently went unbalanced. I have played 971 hours of Star Conflict on my Steam account record, and I can say, I have never, ever seen such unbalanced gameplay in a PvP match, in any game, before.

So there you have it. Peace out.

Have you ever fought a zeta though? Like in a gunship? Or covops?

They melt like butter.

Sure they may be super speedy but when you can wipe them off the battlefield in 5-6 seconds it’s fine. XD

Destroyers as a whole are extremely weak (when not in the hands of a wallet warrior or supervet), so instead of nerfing the Ze’Ta, I would suggest that all the other destroyers be buffed instead.

The one thing that makes me sad is how ‘sitting behind a rock, spamming swarm control’ is a viable tactic.

1 hour ago, Scar6 said:

The one thing that makes me sad is how ‘sitting behind a rock, spamming swarm control’ is a viable tactic.

Within like 7000m

About speed, Ze’Ta cannot be a proper hull tank. 1200/s is energy dependent so you will rarely reach 100% hull heal rate. Shield makes a huge hitbox around destroyers and it’s difficult to dodge anything until your shields drop. In PvE, Sirius was way tougher than Ze’Ta when I was using it. It’s easy to dodge cruiser rockets in ~3-4km range in Sirius, with Ze’Ta however, even with higher speed it’s difficult because shield bubble keeps coming all the time. With shields up, more speed will only give you faster times to reach your destination.

About range, with that projectile speed it’s not a threat at 9k range. It’s not a laser.

About the Swarm, yeah, Ze’Ta may look like it has a nice edge above covertops but in some cases swarm could be too late to destroy you because of how fast Ze’Ta is destroyed. After Ze’Ta teleports, it’s best to just escape and wait for better moment. If the Ze’Ta has no swarm, it’s an easy kill even with the teleport. And yeah, Ze’Ta without swarm is extremely weak.

About anti-module, Sirius can also escape wormholes. Also, Tyrant has superior anti-interceptor special module. However covops can penetrate shields of Tyrants but also they can do this do shields of Ze’Ta. Also, if Ze’Ta loses the swarm in the middle of battle, it’s over.

About regeneration, you forgot about Tyrant regeneration and Sirius triple drones. Ze’Ta 1200(600 with Ellydium debuff) hull regen is energy dependent, so you get 100% of the regen when at 100% energy and 0% of regen at 50% of energy. Drones of r14 destroyers heal ~306 HP, so on Sirius you have >900 hull regen and 230 shield regen, more than Ze’Ta can handle. 900 hull regen without worrying about shield bubble than can screw your hitbox. The only good regeneration values I had in Ze’Ta was when running double combat shield regenerators in vs AI. Using any modules and afterburners in Ze’Ta extremely reduces your hull regen. Yeah, drones can be destroyed, but Sirius can replace them back really fast. Drones on Ze’Ta are however a waste of slot.

So, Ze’Ta may be faster than Sirius, but Sirius will be more versatile and still will tank more. Ze’Ta may have quite fast-regenerating shields but tyrant has super shield regen modules and anti-interceptor module. Ze’Ta cannot handle quick high DPS bursts because it has low health and swarm can’t handle burst damage, something what Vigilant would easily survive.

Ze’Ta is more like a fun toy, however after latest credit increase and making it dependent of doing spec-ops, it’s not worth it. Some call it “endgame” but old destroyers are better endgame than Ze’Ta and now it’s a huge grind for barely any result. It can be tweaked for what you want, but it won’t outmatch old specialized destroyers. I think it’s good because it shouldn’t be better than any of the old destroyers in their fields. Swarm is the only strength and that’s why it was extremely annoying before swarm control nerf.

6 hours ago, Ry_Leo154 said:

Hi, everyone!

I know this is a topic that pretty much every single player has experienced before in PvP, and if you own one, congrats. You just mastered the art of Pay to Win. So I’m not going to waste any more time, and just say what pretty much every player has been itching to say. But for this specific thread, I’ll try my best not to sound like a hater (which I am really tempted to be), and deal with this, debate-style.

First off, let’s gun down the points that just Ze’Ta absolutely masters.

• First, speed. It’s speed is about 40% faster than that of a stock Sirius, and it’s not even Federation tech. And so “The Federation’s ships are unmatched in top speed” is totally just abbreviated.
  • Second, its weapon range. The “Kai” Fission Emitter can reach ranges of 6 kilometers , and you can stretch it to 9km with just 1 Horizon Module CPU. And the standard-issue Halo Launcher 17 only can reach 5.1 kilometers. And hitting a Ze’Ta with only a Photon Emitter 17 (it’s literally the only weapon that can reach ranges of 9km or more)? Total pain in the neck. Especially when you consider Point 1 above.
  • Third, the Swarm. Normally this should be the ONLY special feature of the Ze’Ta since it is from ‘Ellydium’, but since there are other really unbalanced buffs, you get a total PvP nightmare. Say you were a Covert Ops Interceptor. You have a Ze’Ta on the enemy team trying to trash your team’s ships. You sneak up on it, hoping to use your Plasma Arc to blow out the Ze’Ta’s active modules, capacitor and engines. But when you try to sneak up on it, the Swarm (scenario 1) blasts you with its Turret and blows up your ship. (Scenario 2) finds you while you’re cloaked, swarm around your ship, dealing kinetic damage, and turns your ship into scrap. (Scenario 3) But even if your ship manages to survive all that, the big moment arrives. You fire up your Plasma Arc at point-blank range from behind. But to your surprise, he warps 2km away and blasts you instead.
  • Which brings me to point four: anti-module compromise. You can throw on a Wormhole Projector and a Displacement Sphere, and walla, you’re virtually immune to Covert Ops’ attacks on your ship. And forget about being trapped in Gravity Lens in Destroyer versus Destroyer battles. Your ship’s standard engines can outrun it easily.
  • And point 5: insane regeneration speeds. Normally, Destroyers can regenerate a modest 100 pts/s on their hulls (Regenerative Coating 17 Mk.I) and 480 pts/s of shields per second (shields inclusive of Federation/Imperial energy rerouter shield regen mode). But this time, the Ze’Ta can reach blazing speeds of up to 600 pts/s for their hull alone (1200 pts/s divided in half since Ellydium ships regen HP at 50% efficiency) and 406 pts/s of shields per second (464 pts/s standard regen + 75% regen speed via Ship Tree mods). That’s makes the total regeneratable hitpoints 1006 per second, compared to the measly 580 hitpoints/s that normal Destroyers can handle. That’s twice the regen speed of a normal Destroyer.

The counter for Ze’ta is laser based fighter - gunship or tackler, not covert ops as covops is one trick pony against destroyers. Also - Ze’ta that regens at 600HP/S is not doing anything as it’s proportional to the charge level in capacitor. If you touch the afterburner, your regen is halved. Launching a photon while AB - it stops. You can even kill R12 Ze’ta in 1v1 using Silent Fox with Ion Beam cannon (Ok. I can - you need to get the timing right). Approach - kill swarm, cloak, close to <1000m, strafe capacitor and then modules. 10-15 seconds tops. Ze’ta at this point of evolution has a nice big dead zone. Use it. Dedicated dessie killers (like Wolfhound) are doing it in 6 seconds (timed today).

Also all destroyers have access to Plasma Burster now so the weapons range difference is moot. 

Last time I checked Tyrant can have 490 HP/hull regen (with drones) + 720HP/s shield regen = 1210HP/s when firing, using modules, etc. Ze’ta with drones - 215 + 600 + 448 HP/s = 1293 HP/s when not using afterburners or active modules. Hardly “twice the regen of a normal Destroyer”. 

6 hours ago, Ry_Leo154 said:

And you can already see the Ze’Ta’s effects on player trends. (Data acquired from SteamCharts) In December 2018, prior to the Ze’Ta’s release, peak player count reached 598 players (avg. 274 players), which increased to 789 players (avg 380.7 players) in January 2019, when the Ze’Ta was first introduced, a 38% gain in player count. Why not? Everyone has been anticipating a Destroyer to be released by ‘Ellydium’, and now’s the moment of truth. However, after they saw the price tag on it (both resource-wise and real-life-money-wise), things really started to go downhill afterwards. In February 2019, players peaked at 619 players (avg. 343 players), a 9% decrease, and dropped further to just 609 peak players (avg. 304.4 players), a 11.45% decrease, in March 2019. The statistics for the last 30 days are worst. Peak player counts only reached 496 players, 276.2 average, and warranted a 9% loss in player count. From here onwards, it’s just going to get worse and worse.

Any new ship gives a rise of interest. Unfortunately Steam Charts are pretty useless due to small sample size (less than 10% of players are using Steam IIRC - when I asked about that last year it was closer to 5%). Also - what do you mean about the real-life-money wise? Ze’ta is pretty easy to obtain without paying a dime. It is designed as an ultimate resource sink - that is true, but it’s somewhere between Vigilant, Tyrant and Sirius regarding it’s abilities. It can be as fast as Sirius, tanky as Vigilant or have shield regen on par with Tyrant. But not all three at the same time, sorry. 

15 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Have you ever fought a zeta though? Like in a gunship? Or covops?

They melt like butter.

Sure they may be super speedy but when you can wipe them off the battlefield in 5-6 seconds it’s fine. XD

Destroyers as a whole are extremely weak (when not in the hands of a wallet warrior or supervet), so instead of nerfing the Ze’Ta, I would suggest that all the other destroyers be buffed instead.

Buffing other Destroyers are reasonable to combat the Ze’Ta’s imbalance in PvP, provided they’re buffed appropriately and not too much/low. But as I said, using a Covert Ops ship is practically useless since they can just i) blast your ship with their Swarm or ii) warp away. And 75% of my battles take place in Russia (preferred server region is set to “Any Region”, which usually give me 400 milliseconds of latency, and sometimes up to 60% packet loss and 460ms in rare cases, as opposed to USA’s 250 and Europe’s 225, so in the delicate “sneaking-up-and-spearing-them” process, if an Engineer (Combat Drones) or any other ship with weapons that can attack cloaked enemies sees me, I’m dead before I can even react.

That applies to Gunships, too. I went 1v1 on a Ze’Ta ((values are for Kinetic, EM and Thermal resistances respectively) 39%, 55%, and 58% for hull and 37.5%, 35.3% and 23.1% for its shields) and depleted its shields and was left with 38% of its hull remaining before I blew up. I was using a Phobos gunship with 8.1k hull, 4.5k shields, (resis: 4.8%, 39.4% and 25.9% for hull, 37.5%, 0% and 23.1% shield resistance), armed with a Mk.5 Ion Emitter 9, (only active modules used during combat are specified) Mk.4 Magnetic Disruptor 9, Mk.4 Aiming Overcharge 8, and a Combat Reboot 9.

12 hours ago, Ry_Leo154 said:

Buffing other Destroyers are reasonable to combat the Ze’Ta’s imbalance in PvP, provided they’re buffed appropriately and not too much/low. But as I said, using a Covert Ops ship is practically useless since they can just i) blast your ship with their Swarm or ii) warp away. And 75% of my battles take place in Russia (preferred server region is set to “Any Region”, which usually give me 400 milliseconds of latency, and sometimes up to 60% packet loss and 460ms in rare cases, as opposed to USA’s 250 and Europe’s 225, so in the delicate “sneaking-up-and-spearing-them” process, if an Engineer (Combat Drones) or any other ship with weapons that can attack cloaked enemies sees me, I’m dead before I can even react.

You can select the preferred region, then abort the queue before 2 minutes mark.This will ensure you are queuing only for preferred server.

12 hours ago, Ry_Leo154 said:

That applies to Gunships, too. I went 1v1 on a Ze’Ta ((values are for Kinetic, EM and Thermal resistances respectively) 39%, 55%, and 58% for hull and 37.5%, 35.3% and 23.1% for its shields) and depleted its shields and was left with 38% of its hull remaining before I blew up. I was using a Phobos gunship with 8.1k hull, 4.5k shields, (resis: 4.8%, 39.4% and 25.9% for hull, 37.5%, 0% and 23.1% shield resistance), armed with a Mk.5 Ion Emitter 9, (only active modules used during combat are specified) Mk.4 Magnetic Disruptor 9, Mk.4 Aiming Overcharge 8, and a Combat Reboot 9.

How? Did you try to tank the damage or something? Well Granite destroys most of Ze’tas in a matter of seconds. I didn’t try the Phobos as it is just too slow for me for that task. If you insist and you are taking a lot of damage from that Zeta (i.e. it has a Kai Launcher weapon) get rid of Magnetic Disruptor and put Energy Converter on it. Also ships buffs are useless for the task, so basically you took one of the lesser choices for that task.

Oh, and did I even mention that Ze’Tas’ “Kai Fission Launcher” can reach ranges of over 10000m? That kind of range is literally impossible to match with a standard Destroyer. And “tier matchmaking” isn’t even a thing in this game anymore. Ironically, it’s a “Client Connecter”, NOT a “Matchmaker” with its current state. And even if you somehow managed to get close enough to attack it with a Spec Ops or a Fighter, the Swarm will take care of you in 4 seconds flat. I suppose that everyone talking “for” the Ze’Ta’s side already owns one? No wonder. This game will go down in hell if things don’t change soon. Trust me, you don’t want me to make a post reviewing this game in my Facebook. Over 400 friends, and most of them are gamers. Ships that can do 9000 damage with their special modules, ignite an enemy for 5 seconds, dealing something like 2500 damage “over time” while having unnerfed weapon damage to compensate for that damage, ships that are virtually invincible when landed, ultra-long range Destroyers, and they AREN’T EVEN LONG RANGE FRIGATES. Nerf the game’s assets, or nerf this game’s followers. That’s the final straw.

The launcher might have a long range, but the slow projectiles will barely hit anything, and the fast ones don’t even deal that much damage, the swarm can be easily taken care of, and even if you don’t want to or can’t, moving around quickly enough will keep you away from it.

It makes sense that only the people that have it defend it, because they know how it works, and consequently know how to fight it, have you tried playing it?

Also, nobody cares about Facebook anymore, it’s not only an insecure platform, but on top of that people post their personal information willingly, so anyone that uses it to back up anything can’t quite be taken seriously.

Also I’d like to know about those special modules that deal 9k damage, excluding Stingray.

19 minutes ago, Ry_Leo154 said:

Oh, and did I even mention that Ze’Tas’ “Kai Fission Launcher” can reach ranges of over 10000m? That kind of range is literally impossible to match with a standard Destroyer. And “tier matchmaking” isn’t even a thing in this game anymore. Ironically, it’s a “Client Connecter”, NOT a “Matchmaker” with its current state. And even if you somehow managed to get close enough to attack it with a Spec Ops or a Fighter, the Swarm will take care of you in 4 seconds flat. I suppose that everyone talking “for” the Ze’Ta’s side already owns one? No wonder. This game will go down in hell if things don’t change soon. Trust me, you don’t want me to make a post reviewing this game in my Facebook. Over 400 friends, and most of them are gamers. Ships that can do 9000 damage with their special modules, ignite an enemy for 5 seconds, dealing something like 2500 damage “over time” while having unnerfed weapon damage to compensate for that damage, ships that are virtually invincible when landed, ultra-long range Destroyers, and they AREN’T EVEN LONG RANGE FRIGATES. Nerf the game’s assets, or nerf this game’s followers. That’s the final straw.

Mate, learn to play. Ze’ta is so easy to counter with laser gunship that is even not funny. Hell, I should start to record videos and post them as an answer to such posts. Like yesterday we went with a friend to random PvP - we had 1 R14 Ze’ta, 1 R12 Ze’ta and one normal destroyer on enemy team. My friend took Nightingale I took Desert Eagle with Ion Emitters. The only situation when they posed any threat for us it was when two Ze’tas stayed together with Brokk support. Killed the Brokk, went away to cooldown the modules, zeroed on first swarm then second one, killed capacitor on R12 Ze’ta, killed capacitor on R14 one, strafed modules, killed ship (still on one shooting cycle with Ion Emitter), waited for guns to cooldown, strafed the other one, killed the other one. 2 cycles of shooting Ion emitter with cooling down, so less than 30 seconds in total - two players eliminated for 45 seconds + reposition time, so easily over a minute. A two player advantage for over a minute in Beacon Hunt. 

Let’s see those claims.

Kai can reach over 10k - yes it can. Can you hit something at that range? Only if that target is stationary and big. 6.5 seconds flight time on slow projectiles, 1 second on the fast ones that are much weaker. Also - wasting a CPU slot on horizon in that case doesn’t make sense. 

“if you somehow managed to get close enough to attack it with a Spec Ops or a Fighter, the Swarm will take care of you in 4 seconds flat.”   - so either your ship is so badly built that it is killed by a single 5k thermal damage shot or the pilot is so bad that forgot to kill flying swarm first. Also swarm dies in 3 seconds firing from crit boosted Ion Emitter and you still have over 4 seconds of Overdrive and Overcharge to kill the destroyer capacitor doing ~21k dps for close range bonus. 

“I suppose that everyone talking “for” the Ze’Ta’s side already owns one” - I have one. And I just don’t fly it in PvP. On competitive level is practically useless. Maybe in matches where are beginners forget that a fighter is not a stationary turret with guns it makes sense. On seccon I rarely see more than 1 Ze’ta and have yet to see one in SCL. 

“Ships that can do 9000 damage with their special modules” - LRFs? Yeah. Empire LRF is OP if you don’t move and let it hit you. Hint - you can dodge it on fighters and interceptors, you can reposition your frigates and destroyers. Oh and they can do over 35k damage in one shot against destroyers (which also means they can one-two shot swarm as well). 

“dealing something like 2500 damage “over time” while having unnerfed weapon damage to compensate for that damage,” Wait. That’s half a second of shooting Ion-emitter, or a single uncharged crit shot from Gauss. 2500 over let’s say 12 seconds (plasma web) is just 225/second. You can tank it on most interceptors on shields. 

“ships that are virtually invincible when landed” - the only ship that can land is Pilgrim  - just another command (pretty weak, but annoying in some game modes). Also - Pilgrim when landed is a dead Pilgrim as it has the same shield as any command, just immobile. Immobile ship in this game = dead ship. Unless you are talking about landing on Ze’ta - which is actually cool because you can heal yourself. But you are immobile on slow, big target. Immobile ship… etc etc. 

“ultra-long range Destroyers, and they AREN’T EVEN LONG RANGE FRIGATES” - description of the “Suppressor” class clearly defines them as a long range fire support ship (same as in real life - google SAW or LMG definition) . They don’t have precision of “sniper” frigates and when in CQC they defense options are very limited. 

I already gave you a recipe how to counter destroyers. Did you try it? From what you are writing here it looks like you have pretty serious issues with builds and tactics (which is the core of this game). Maybe join a corporation that gives people some training, ask around for builds, read some guides. If you are saying that something is “impossible” and you have a few people telling you that is actually easy with the proper setup, maybe instead of accusing them of being “pay to win” and “Ze’ta lovers” - listen to some advices.  There are literally dozens of tactical solutions created and published in corporations forums, Discord servers and even here - on public game forums. One of them I gave you here - on a silver platter. I will repeat that:

“if you see that enemy team is destroyer heavy, have an ion gunship and debuffing ship in your team” - in the case above it was a Desert Eagle with Nightingale, can it be a Tai’kin with Spark, Berserker with Wolfhound etc etc - idea is the same. Pair of such ships can deal with multiple destroyers without breaking too much sweat. 

Hell, I used a Sword (Ion Emitter 13, Mk 4 ) to try and take one down. Died before I even cut down 1/4 of its hull, thanks to its “special module”. It can now even deploy hunters remotely with the “Balanced Swarm”! Oh, boy! How am I supposed to defend myself using a Tyrant without blowing myself up?

Also, now that with the “latest patch” released an hour ago, Matchmaking got 10 times more unpredictable. Does losing 0 - 200 in Beacon Capture THRICE IN A ROW sound good to you?

4 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

The launcher might have a long range, but the slow projectiles will barely hit anything, and the fast ones don’t even deal that much damage, the swarm can be easily taken care of, and even if you don’t want to or can’t, moving around quickly enough will keep you away from it.

It makes sense that only the people that have it defend it, because they know how it works, and consequently know how to fight it, have you tried playing it?

Also, nobody cares about Facebook anymore, it’s not only an insecure platform, but on top of that people post their personal information willingly, so anyone that uses it to back up anything can’t quite be taken seriously.

Also I’d like to know about those special modules that deal 9k damage, excluding Stingray.

How about the Wolfhound? It can launch 3 missile volleys in a row each dealing 3k damage. And their Ignis Blasters. Unnerfed damage, and yet incredibly powerful aftereffects. And many players don’t have it. Also, how about other Destroyers? I need Destroyers to deal with crowd control. That’s how it works. But now a Ze’Ta versus ANY Destroyer? You bet.

9 hours ago, Ry_Leo154 said:

Hell, I used a Sword (Ion Emitter 13, Mk 4 ) to try and take one down. Died before I even cut down 1/4 of its hull, thanks to its “special module”.

Sword is command. Support ship. Not a gunship. Also check my comment how to deal with Ze’ta. You are not going for the hull first.

It can now even deploy hunters remotely with the “Balanced Swarm”!

So kill them, what’s the problem?

How am I supposed to defend myself using a Tyrant without blowing myself up?

Use your team for support and defence. If your team composition doesn’t support you taking a Tyrant  - take another ship. 

Does losing 0 - 200 in Beacon Capture THRICE IN A ROW sound good to you?

I checked your stats. You are not doing much damage in a game, but you have a lots of assists. So you are a support ship player. Take a damage dealing focused player with you. And practice more. You shouldn’t be attacking that Ze’ta in a Sword in a first place - from your description it means you went solo. 

How about the Wolfhound? It can launch 3 missile volleys in a row each dealing 3k damage. And their Ignis Blasters. Unnerfed damage, and yet incredibly powerful aftereffects.

Ignis sucks unless the target is stationary. Wolfhound + Ignis is actually pretty good destroyer killer, but any tackler can take it down with gravi. 

On 5/15/2019 at 1:14 AM, OwnageMaster said:

Sword is command. Support ship. Not a gunship. Also check my comment how to deal with Ze’ta. You are not going for the hull first.

So kill them, what’s the problem?

Use your team for support and defence. If your team composition doesn’t support you taking a Tyrant  - take another ship. 

I checked your stats. You are not doing much damage in a game, but you have a lots of assists. So you are a support ship player. Take a damage dealing focused player with you. And practice more. You shouldn’t be attacking that Ze’ta in a Sword in a first place - from your description it means you went solo. 

Ignis sucks unless the target is stationary. Wolfhound + Ignis is actually pretty good destroyer killer, but any tackler can take it down with gravi. 

?any tackler can take it down if properly fitted,you mean. Ignis loves tacklers with common spec module

Welp, Ze’Ta can be op. Maybe with skilled player which know how to play dessies. But even with skilled pilot, Ze’Ta is weak without swarm. So if you’re going against this dessie, you should destroy swarm first. I’ve played as dessie alot in this game, but I didn’t build Ze’Ta because I have no problem shooting it down with R11 dessie Antares ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) Tried it against many people from my corp, they all had it at R12 - no problem. Even if it outranged me with it’s Kai Fission, I just turned away from it’s projectiles. + this new R14 Ze’Ta is much more weaker than R12, so it’s even more easier to kill it. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) Btw, you should not try to kill dessie with command xD And about regens - Ze’Ta can regenerate fast, but only when it’s not engaged in battle ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)