What Would YOU Want To See In A Star Conflict 2?

Purely out of curiosity, what if Targem Games decided to do a 2nd Star Conflict game for some interesting reason? What would you want to see in it?

For me personally:

1. Not a F2P. Like a normal game you pay up front to get the title.

2. Improved graphics.

3. FAR more diversity when it comes to missions, maps, and gameplay options. Maps where you can fight in atmosphere on moons or planets, and missions that are really diverse and unpredictable.

4. Update all ships with newer textures (which is already coming in the real game right now anyways).

5. More interaction with objects in space and in your hangar.

6. Keep everything else from the original Star Conflict.

2 hours ago, HBZK100 said:

1. Not a F2P. Like a normal game you pay up front to get the title.

2. Improved graphics.

3. FAR more diversity when it comes to missions, maps, and gameplay options. Maps where you can fight in atmosphere on moons or planets, and missions that are really diverse and unpredictable.

4. Update all ships with newer textures (which is already coming in the real game right now anyways).

5. More interaction with objects in space and in your hangar.

6. Keep everything else from the original Star Conflict.

I would like to have a better ship situation, I mean who wants to have 150 ships in a hangar?

And who really wants to fly an ugly (in his eyes) ship just because it has the neede stats etc.?

I’d like to have some basic ship-frames (frigatte, fighter, interceptor, destroyer) that I could tweak and upgrade and paint etc. by modules, weapons etc. by plug on things

I’d like to grind for weapon upgrades not for hole new ships – I do not need that ship tree (pokemon in space: collect them all).

It should be: pirate ships, fed design ships, empire design, jer design, elly, cyber, custom design and so forth.

I’d like to see destroyers half that big

Ah and that every pilot could have a personal station in space … would be wonderful (endgame)

the future of software is rolling releases, so i am not interested in 2.0

the main reason i even support f2p games with a wallet sometimes, is because i hope it can be an alternative continuous development model to subscriptions.

that does not mean i am not happy about rewrites.

12 minutes ago, g4borg said:

the future of software is rolling releases, so i am not interested in 2.0 …

thats interesting.

given the bit aged open source situation of the actual game’s engine (of SC), would rolling releases of SC require a new game engine? or is the game engine also released in a rolling way, in parralel?

open source situation? what?

on the software development side of things, rolling releases does not need much of a change, most software actually just evolves, and engine rewrites might happen invisibly

some bigger mmorpgs completely rewrote parts of their engines, or replaced models, etc.

it wont stop anyone from expanding content, but f2p has that in common with subscription based games: you dont really want the playerbase to buy a new game, you want them to keep playing, but sell them new content on the go. warthunder seems to develop its engine (e.g. they introduced PBR into their graphics engine), and since i heard its the same one, i guess they will just merge up from time to time.

I would really like to see a star conflict where the devs listen to the players more

4 hours ago, PapyMcBites said:

I would really like to see a star conflict where the devs listen to the players more

Heck, they listened when people were asking for destroyers and look what happened. No. I would like to see a payable game without microtransaction (but like in case of EA - that’s not gonna happen. They had income from microtransactions are few times more than for selling titles themselves).

No alien ships and balanced, properly grouped pvp fights.

On ‎1‎.‎2‎.‎2018 at 7:35 PM, avarshina said:

Ah and that every pilot could have a personal station in space … would be wonderful (endgame)

I have seen this in some other games, to maintain those stations people needed to grind all day.

So they really didn’t play anything else then just maintain base all day long.

On ‎1‎.‎2‎.‎2018 at 9:17 PM, PapyMcBites said:

Not possible since different people have different opinion.

So if you have 100 players you have 100 different opinion. 

It is not possible to satisfy each one.

a death star? enter the planet? or even start a new game which have ground unit coop with SC. crossout will suit for this. SC even have VR. also how about adding a dobley atom sound system to it? or a vibration chair?

how about conquer the map and who own the map can produce resource 24hr automatically? how about who own the map can go into the station and have fast repair of shield and hull in the speed of module of shield repair. how about custom build self def station weapon? it can be very op if lots of resource is used. how about those who make the next class of the destroyer have to build in the station and everyone have to pay fix credit to the owner or be part of the corp

ground and air combat together

driving robot

i think dev is making this game, coz i see a big robot on the asteroid of the current game

u can use the current SC1 ship to support the ground or do air/space combat

On 1.2.2018 at 8:21 PM, g4borg said:

open source situation? what? …

Isn’t the SC game engine open source? If I remember correctly - I looked it up some years ago (2014?)

i think it’s called the Hammer engine or Something like that, they updated it so much since the release of WT, i think he can keep up few more years for some new crazy stuff ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Hammer Engine (GPLv2)

27 minutes ago, avarshina said:

Hammer Engine (GPLv2)

that is an Completely Empty project with a removed website that probably just happens to have the same name.

I don’t think it is in any way related to (S)Targem

46 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

i think it’s called the Hammer engine or Something like that, they updated it so much since the release of WT, i think he can keep up few more years for some new crazy stuff ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Yep Star Conflict (and other Targem Games) are made with the Hammer Engine Some Article from GamingOnLinux

War Thunder is made with the Dagor Engine by Gaijin.

2 hours ago, avarshina said:

Hammer Engine (GPLv2)

https://github.com/septag/darkhammer

The actual Source Code of the hmrengine with BSD-2-Clause, I still doubt that SC is based on it but I haven’t looked into the source.

Oh so they have 2 different engines, they do look similar tho