tier discrepancy in pvp too big

On 19. 2. 2018 at 1:27 AM, avarshina said:

Fellow mate, ladies and gentlemen, please take into account, that a major update in regard to progression, PvP, PvE is coming -I guess- around 4 weeks from now after the fleet upgrade finishes.

Promises and more promises.

I hope we will see that.

And look, please, what the devs did: all the 1.5.x patches were mostly more than just ok! At the moment, Neos are abundant in r8 battles, Berrys are fine in r11, and Electrum is accessible in r14.

![:yes_yes_yes:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/yes_yes_yes.gif “:yes_yes_yes:”)

Monos are easy to get,

This is good, but low max amount of monos in storage is crap. 

r8 destroyers are easy to build. 

Destroyers are to weak. To much trouble to get all good rare parts just that they are really fast and easy destroyed.

See nice irony of Destroyers.

• and credits are a bit low in PvP – but everything is ok.

Why is this ok for you, I have no clue.

Now the queue or MatchMaker: some say this way, others say other way. Seems that devs could not make us all happy, irregardless of what they would do.

![:yes_yes_yes:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/yes_yes_yes.gif “:yes_yes_yes:”)

I suggest to have switches of choice in game-menu _:  favor wait time for hot join etc.

![:good:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/good.gif “:good:”) very nice. 

I would love to see this.

So nobody can any longer blame the devs for the choices they made.

We will still blame them for other things.

This is game entertainment, you want paying members to be punished by non-paying grinding heros? makes  no sense,

![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

Makes no sense to me as well.

I don’t understand what are you trying to say here. 

somebody has to pay the bills!

Yep real life this is true.

So it needs incentives to get real money from pleased players and make them paying players in the future…

Future again yes. 

Yes - level up synergizing the ships makes sense to some degree, only

Again what are you trying to say?  ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

• in the end it must be fun.

![:good:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/good.gif “:good:”)

What if I hated to fly Interceptors, why should I grind them up until r15,r17, r25? A ship tree with many ranks will not scale endlessly. It will have a golden point, sweet spot of optimum. I fell 15 is a bit to much, not to speak of 17. What would we gain from, say 22 or 33 ranks??

![:facepalm:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/facepalm.png “:facepalm:”)

Again  ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)no clue what are you saying.

We had the thread "Making Balance together, but no feedback. Some say so other the opposite, how would that help?

Make in game poll next time. 

Low population on this forum.

Also try to make clear question and clear answers in those polls.

I think xKostyan would be good for this.

Hot jump is not optimal but the best thing in a while for the PvP – and players still complain…

Again make in game poll.

For example:

Poll question: Do you respected players like hot joining?

Answers

a). Yes we do

b). No we don’t

Simple or isn’t it?

If one analyses the problems, some will still complain even if a very good - or the best possible solution would be implemented…

Fire your analyst he did bad job so far.

Numbers say so.

No Gato, it is not just Kosty, me too and _terrorblade and g4borg also say hot jump is not so bad!

Four players that hang together?

I didn’t see any one of you actually play game except terrorblade in past few days and I was online 16h per day.

Make in game poll next time. Four players are not majority. 

In the end it must also sell and keep players interested - there are many conflicting variables to take into account, it is not so easy to give a optimal solution,

True

so let us not only beat the devs.

If some thing is done well than we can compliment it if it is done bad than we blame them.

If good>bad you hear more compliment and you have more players. Happy days

If opposite then you can see more crying and if nothing is done to make it better, well final result is less players.

Bad days

I still like this game

Me too. 

Even if I don’t agree with you many times.

- and I like to have battles with all of you m8s …

Stronger that is relative, some fly r15 others r11 - what’s the big thing.

Use what ever you like np np.

With the hot joins,

Make that button please.

Then you can join in to xKostyan and I will start full wing game.

We will all be happy.

old stats are not that important any more…

![:015_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/015_2.png “:015_2:”)

If you really think this then you are blind.

If you disregard this you are fool. This is what make games heavy unbalanced.

I find that ok!

Read again what I just wrote before this please.

And: no remove of passive modules (modifiers)!

Explain this please.

… + 100% - ehem 99%

![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

• do not create Niri falsely into a stats-addict, he’s not, be fair to him pls.

And even guys like Eugeneius have a hard time these days,

Eugeneius is good player no doubt. 

I guess he don’t like my Waz’got a lot ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”) (And i am not that good a player)

Waz’got op?

or 

bad MM 

No other explanation here.

4 hours ago, g4borg said:

… dont put judgements into my mouth!

do not create me either!

What a necro, but ok: [@g4borg](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/239042-g4borg/) I am sorry, if you got the impression

2 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

Four players that hang together?

I didn’t see any one of you actually play game except terrorblade in past few days and I was online 16h per day.

Make in game poll next time. Four players are not majority. 

Waz’got op?

or 

bad MM …

No g4ng of 4 th4t’s 4 sure ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

I can only speak for me, and I am not interested in interceptors, that’s why I am sporadically in game atm

Haha - the Wazzi, right, now it got its hefty nerf, as expected some day…

bad MM, dunno, I guess not so much. in mm, the options are limited to implement optimum in regard to all variables, in this view I roughly guess mm is not so bad… even testing of new one is restricted due to fluctuating online-player numbers…

Ok - here are some comments on what [@GatoGrande](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/260780-gatogrande/)  said was ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”) to him:

* a ship tree based on the model that players should level up all ship classes is inherently flawed in the sense that some players prefer (for whatever reason) a ship class, be it inty or frig or dessy.
* a ship tree based on the model that ships of next rank get bonuses to base stats has a sweet spot (of max rank) and does not scale endlessly, so question is, based on this presumption, is r15 under or over the sweet spot in regard to SC (taking into account that we get r16-17s)
* it’s a f2p game, so balance is needed between the full free side like in free beer and the side that must pay the servers, and dev staff, etc
* passive modules or modifiers: they are interesting in the sense that many different builds are possible. this helps to avoid limited <meta> builds in battles, and players can optimize for PvP, PvE and open space for example.

On 2/17/2018 at 4:43 PM, GatoGrande said:

This is exactlly why I believe that high rank should be better then lower rank and that useing buffs for lower ranks is not fair at all, until we have this system of ships that have different ranks.

The problem with your thinking and how the game was initially designed is that you believe vertical is the only direction fro progression in a game.

Horizontal progression, i.e. more options of equivalent power, is absolutely superior for any PvP focused game: a new ship shouldn’t be stronger than the old one, it should just have a new feature the old one didn’t have, be it a new module, an alternate stat distribution, etc.