tier discrepancy in pvp too big

ok devs i get it that you have small player base and want to clump them all together with mixing tiers but you have some messed up matchmaking for it. i was just in a wolf and got matched with full r15 enemies. on top of that half my team was also r9-10. before you start yelling about other ships in slots - i only had the wolf as i was testing a build and i checked the team’s lineups as well, just half had t5 ships. can you fix this in any reasonable way? th base t3 sips can maybe compete with the base t5 ships, but the t5 prems and ellyd that were present are just way too strong. there should be no way in hell that you allow 2 tiers difference.

it is a problem if my team 2 guy

both rank 9 but cant find a match

i dont care the r15

i am strong

T5 prems are generaly considered weaker than r12 prems especialy with the access of new unique modules.

While r8 vs r15 looks like a huge gap, but in reality r8 vs r12 is pretty much the same just does not look visualy as bad.

38 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

T5 prems are generaly considered weaker than r12 prems especialy with the access of new unique modules.

While r8 vs r15 looks like a huge gap, but in reality r8 vs r12 is pretty much the same just does not look visualy as bad.

r5 vs r15 is a problem

in about 2 weeks before when i am r5 i only meet r5-8

also there are different between r8 and r12

can access special powerful things or not…

I actually have a couple questions regarding the current MM grouping because rank 9 premiums and Ellydium ships seem to be in an odd spot. So I was using my Reaper, Nukem, Nyx and rank 9 Tai’kin and I’ve had on a couple of occasions been thrown into r5-9 PvP and r9-15 PvP. How does it group by ranking now because this is confusing as heck.

On 16. 2. 2018 at 3:57 AM, xKostyan said:

This.

Why to have T5 ships then?

Exactlly why I say that T5 lost all magic and that is why we are loseing player base (+wierd mm and + hotjoining)

I’m sorry but I have to say this:

How don’t you people with thick head (devs) don’t understand that players expect that R15 will be better then any other lower rank.

Now for all lame excuse players like xKostyan and others they will say : I would like to have more divers ship base to use. People you CAN USE ALL ships that you have. SHIPS WILL FLY WITHOUT OF BUFFS TOO!!!

And yes perhaps you will lose some more games because you don’t have any more OP ship buffs and OP new modules + OP buffs combos.

But all normal players will feel difference between ranks and all normal players will know why they grind to have high R15 ship.

Example:

It is hard to get in your thick heads that for example R14 destroyer should be much better then R11 one. And that R11 destroyer should be much better then R8 one.

Same goes for each other ship class.

Look just this:

How much synergy do I need to level upR6 or R9 or R12 or R15 ships?

Those ships shold not be able to feel equal not even close. 

And what have you (devs) done?

R12 are better then R 15.

So why should we have R15 ships?

6 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

This.

Why to have T5 ships then?

Exactlly why I say that T5 lost all magic and that is why we are loseing player base (+wierd mm and + hotjoining)

I’m sorry but I have to say this:

How don’t you people with thick head (devs) don’t understand that players expect that R15 will be better then any other lower rank.

Now for all lame excuse players like xKostyan and others they will say : I would like to have more divers ship base to use. People you CAN USE ALL ships that you have. SHIPS WILL FLY WITHOUT OF BUFFS TOO!!!

And yes perhaps you will lose some more games because you don’t have any more OP ship buffs and OP new modules + OP buffs combos.

But all normal players will feel difference between ranks and all normal players will know why they grind to have high R15 ship.

Example:

It is hard to get in your thick heads that for example R14 destroyer should be much better then R11 one. And that R11 destroyer should be much better then R8 one.

Same goes for each other ship class.

Look just this:

How much synergy do I need to level upR6 or R9 or R12 or R15 ships?

Those ships shold not be able to feel equal not even close. 

And what have you (devs) done?

R12 are better then R 15.

So why shold we have R15 ships?

Do you want to have T5 ships? Sell them, it is totally up to you.

I find certain builds work better on certain ships due to various factors, which results in me having a mixed line up 10-15 or even 8-13 if I feel like it. 10-15 ships, in random pvp, are pretty much equal, which is great since 10-15 should have always been the same tier. 

6 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

Why?? Just because something has a bigger “rank” number, it does not mean it should be much better than anything

The buffs are killing any incentive to advance certain ships. right now if you have the skills you are fine working up to about r12 and that’s it. Dessies are a joke now. In what universe does a r9 inti just dominate a r14 dessy. The dessys missile turret is larger than the little inti that can kill it (if the guy is good enough) in a few seconds. I know people dont like getting trashed as they learn the ropes in a new Tier, but that is the way it is supposed to be (the old T4 grind). “Fun ball” and “everybody’s a winner” is the ridiculous type of concept that is slowly destroying society in the United States. We don’t need that here. We don’t want the weak feeling good about there weakness, We want them to be motivated to run and hit the gym…or learn to box.  Bring back the Tiers! Please.

2 hours ago, Seraphym1 said:

“Fun ball” and “everybody’s a winner” is the ridiculous type of concept that is slowly destroying society in the United States. We don’t need that here. We don’t want the weak feeling good about there weakness, We want them to be motivated to run and hit the gym…or learn to box.  Bring back the Tiers! Please.

interesting, as gamemaster to post such.

it’s not about everybody being a winner, it is about fairness of units.

how was it fun during the time of tiers to grind through rank 7, 10, etc.?

what sense does it make, if you have units in a game that are weaker and just gathering dust?

“old t4 grind”

lol. the only thing that made people finally grind through t4 was t5 release, true.

but before that, nobody wanted to go t4. everybody was in t3. the only reason t5 release was successful was, because it was new for everyone, and no selected few were waiting with fully purple ships of the highest rank to farm you.

and i say that as someone who still kept queueing back in 2013 meeting esb over and over getting rolled.

a game which has a ranking system, which rewards you with units, that by stats kill weaker units below you, is a “make you feel good” wannabe attitude. if you know gyms, then you have to know, you have to keep going to them, and not sit on some nostalgic moronic attitude once you build up. you also keep challenging yourself, and dont play with the cookie cutter loadout every game and whine because they took away your 30 killstreak from the vigilant.

ranking systems were invented to give you the illusion of progression, and are NOT competitive.

what do you rather want to play, chess, or monopoly!?

because last i checked, in chess there are no ranks, all units are equal in every game, and its not a first come first served luck game where you finally have a hotel.

also, newsflash: most of the en forums arent u.s.

The buffs are killing any incentive to advance certain ships.

BS.

you cant have certain modules below r11 to make even some kinds of fits possible.

lack of choice in r13-15 is killing the advance of certain ships.

amount of grind is killing the advance of certain ships.

easy to use ellydium ships is killing the advance of certain ships.

lack of player retention is killing the advance of ships.

could say any of these. who knows. but people are still leveling up ships as far as i see.

so, nonsense.

In what universe does a r9 inti just dominate a r14 dessy.

that has nothing to do with the buffs, that inties dominate dessies.

it also does not matter which ranks you use here. bad example for your utter nonsense.

r9 will have same buffs than a r10 in a r15 game, and be overall weaker.

@OP sorry.

i do feel the same way about the mixed tiers.

for me it should be r10-15 if you go with r15.

i want a strong endgame, and not farm r5-r8 ships.

however i also like the current possibility, to use r8-12 ships in r15 as a challenge.

3 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Why?? Just because something has a bigger “rank” number, it does not mean it should be much better than anything

Because we need much more resources much more synergy also more time to build higher rank.

So we need much more everthing for high rank to get them just to see that low rank get buffed.

Well done.

Make all ships to cost same and to need same amount of synergy for leveling. 

Make them same rank and no buffs then I will stop complaining.

But until then I will complain and I will try to open your closed eyes.

You wanna look like a clueless whiny baby - be my guest.

42 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

Because we need much more resources much more synergy also more time to build higher rank.

oh cmon, that much work you have to put in must entitle you to something right!?!???

btw. r15 also gets buffs… sssshhh…

i thought they actually do need the same amount of synergy for leveling, they just have more levels overall - well actually until r9, where all ships have 10 levels?

of course, r15 unlocks even faster, since you are already sitting on a nice synergy bonus. you spend a lot more time unlocking lower to mid tiers, than t5. t5 can be done in less than a week.

the costs are true, but actually, you also get more per game, and the biggest credit crisis is yet again in midgame, its easy to farm millions once you reach high ranks.

obviously, we already had that system in the past and it failed.

since we all here (at least most of us) have already unlocked and synergized all ships anyway, its obviously not about progression, thats just an excuse.

now i would agree, that maybe the buffs should be done differently, or stats be changed overall and have discussion about that somewhere in a dedicated thread.

almost every mmorpg nowadays employs raising your stats to a certain level in pvp. it does not give you better equipment, only fair stats to compete.

these are not things a really competitive player would care about.

competitive games dont introduce ranks or item levels in the first place, the only exception being games where acquiring higher level gear is part of the gameplay in the game (mobas, battle royales) and everyone starts from scratch each time.

4 hours ago, Seraphym1 said:

The buffs are killing any incentive to advance certain ships. right now if you have the skills you are fine working up to about r12 and that’s it. Dessies are a joke now. In what universe does a r9 inti just dominate a r14 dessy. The dessys missile turret is larger than the little inti that can kill it (if the guy is good enough) in a few seconds. I know people dont like getting trashed as they learn the ropes in a new Tier, but that is the way it is supposed to be (the old T4 grind). “Fun ball” and “everybody’s a winner” is the ridiculous type of concept that is slowly destroying society in the United States. We don’t need that here. We don’t want the weak feeling good about there weakness, We want them to be motivated to run and hit the gym…or learn to box.  Bring back the Tiers! Please.

why the officer talk so much about pro russia and anti US in here, this is not first time

i agree the game is balance but this is not the place for pro russia nor anti US

2 hours ago, g4borg said:

We want them to be motivated to run and hit the gym

there are lots of American doing that…

US is not a militarism country 

ppl has the right to choose doing that or not

everyone is not prepared to die for the elite

in fact how to use the gun is more useful if u want to prepare for the war

2 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

So we need much more everthing for high rank to get them just to see that low rank get buffed.

Well done.

Make them same rank and no buffs then I will stop complaining.

it’s the tradition of this russian corp

always buff and nerf… some happy some are not

MWO wont change so much, mwo is much better at this…

for the American… i just say they are weak in crossout only…

For the record I am an American. The amount of time and resources necessary to produce a r15 and fully max it out is huge compared to that of any T3. But, now that r15 is reduced to a nice looking overpriced ship that is just about the same as the easy to get and max T3s. Nothing said above changes the fact that you have to have different levels of competition to create incentive to progress through the ranks.Otherwise all those people in the Olympics this week could have just stayed at home and not worried about qualifying since “anybody can compete at any level” If there is no incentive to advance then why purchase any DLC? If you can buy just a Mauler Cutter and a Styx and that is all you need to play with the best then the business model here is doomed. Who cares if most of us who frequent the forums have maxed out ships? We need new players to see the rewards of staying and advancing. I didn’t spend a penny or ruble here until I already had most of my r15s. Where is the draw for new players to keep advancing?

Yeah like DLC sales are the paramount business model of this game, dude, seriously?

Progression past rank 10 or 9, or w/e will be the lowest entry rank to the hard queue is not for power creep, it is more of unlocks allowing you to have a bigger variety in your gameplay, giving you more options and not mandatory power that hard tier locks bring. There are plenty of reasons for new players to still wanting to unlock 15s, be it craft ships, SCL, Dreads, PvE or OS. 

14 hours ago, g4borg said:

oh cmon, that much work you have to put in must entitle you to something right!?!???

btw. r15 also gets buffs… sssshhh…

If we play and develop just one line of ships we need far more then double synergy.

Why why why buffs to R15 too?

Wait I know, because to much buffs to lower tiers.

i thought they actually do need the same amount of synergy for leveling, they just have more levels overall - well actually until r9, where all ships have 10 levels?

of course, r15 unlocks even faster,

since you are already sitting on a nice synergy bonus.

No nope no niet ne. Even if you have all ships and you need to level last R15 ship you need more synergy for it than for R 12 or any lower R ship.

t5 can be done in less than a week.

One-two days but that is not important.

This was not point.

Point is why to do it if R12 get more modules and more buffs and it is easier to level then R14.

and the biggest credit crisis is yet again in midgame, its easy to farm millions once you reach high ranks.

Heh again not important.

If we need credits PvE is the way.

Why is this so is puzzle to me.

obviously, we already had that system in the past and it failed.

Again you are wrong.

I can prove this one easy.

Just this - We had more players then.

So why do we have less and less players if this is better?

since we all here (at least most of us) have already unlocked and synergized all ships anyway, its obviously not about progression, thats just an excuse.

Correct and false.

Correct we have all ships.

False, it is important to make game better for new players and progression is part of that.

Also,

It is about balance and buffs but when we talk about buffs for lower ranks then questions pop out why to grind more for high rank ships why don’t we have all ship stats from same line equal…

now i would agree, that maybe the buffs should be done differently, or stats be changed overall and have discussion about that 

All this debate and then you say that you agree with me.

Great. 

these are not things a really competitive player would care about.

Of course competitive players know how to win, what is objective of game and we will always look to have most possible OP combos that you can have.

But nothing of this is important when we debate how fair is to give buffs to something that is not logical to be better.

competitive games dont introduce ranks or item levels in the first place, the only exception being games where acquiring higher level gear is part of the gameplay in the game (mobas, battle royales) and everyone starts from scratch each time.

Well sadlly we don’t have this here.

You gain more xenos and stuff by doing r15 missions. So there’s that

On 16/02/2018 at 1:09 PM, GatoGrande said:

we are loseing player base (+wierd mm and + hotjoining)

We’re losing players because of this how? It’s one of the main reasons we now have such quick solo queue. before this queue was very long for t4/t5

Many games have this for non-competitive play

9 hours ago, Seraphym1 said:

For the record I am an American.

Remarkable.

4 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

False, it is important to make game better for new players and progression is part of that.

Even more? You can hit R8 and build your first destroyer under 100 co-op games, starting from fresh new account.