Spawn camping.

I concur. I also have the feeling this is the map which deteriorates into Spawn Camping in Team Battle the most often. 

The tube one is the best for spawn camping.

The tube one is the best for spawn camping.

their spawn turns into a cage :smiley:

This thread deteriorated.

their spawn turns into a cage :smiley:

especially for frigs

This thread deteriorated.

yupp

especially for frigs

Yes i like that map because it is one of the few maps in team battle where frigballing doesn’t really work. TB on every other map turns into ‘who has the most guards’ and it becomes very boring, very quickly.

if you keep your bombs in detonation, but you are behind in kills, and change the game to keep ahead in kills, it’s perfectly justifyable to do so, it is part of that gamemodes’ meta. especially if you have no chance to plant a bomb.

but if you leave your enemies no chance of getting out of spawn and ignore bombs whatsoever, its basicly abusing the spawn mechanic of the game.

not having a spawnpoint which is protected, not having the influence on “when” to spawn, after the countdown, leaves you at enemies coming one by one.

However, there are instances, where it just does not make sense to keep back. If the enemy team is clearly losing, it is also hard to keep back from camping the spawn, especially in combat recon or team battle modes.

But there is also the issue that spawn mechanics in this game are very simplicstic - and could need improvements. In other team fps games with objectives, where you have a respawn counter, it is pretty usual to leave the respawn to the player, and usually offers several choices of spawn.

I am pretty sure, this wont solve the problem for every instance, but at least, some option to allow to regroup, could help a camped team to break out.

Especially if people could spawn even further behind on choice or influence their spawning in some way.

Removed by Author 

How about synchronizing respawns?

Meaning: You’re killed. You’re on wait for respawn. If a team mate is killed during your wait, you are both spawned together. If a 3rd teammate is killed during your mandatory wait, all 3 are spawning together. And so forth.

Good? Bad?

>What IF you get those rushers… which go straight to enemy and just die

> they get 30+ sec respawns

> you’ll get 30+ sec respawn coz of 'em

>so it’s bad

Yes i like that map because it is one of the few maps in team battle where frigballing doesn’t really work. TB on every other map turns into ‘who has the most guards’ and it becomes very boring, very quickly.

The tube not good for Frigball camping? I seen it happen, several times. I don’t see what would make it any harder for frigates to push for and camp the spawn. 

The tube not good for Frigball camping? I seen it happen, several times. I don’t see what would make it any harder for frigates to push for and camp the spawn. 

It’s possible to spawncamp in a frigball on that map, but it’s much more difficult, since there’s so much cover all over the place. It forces folks to spread out if they want to spawn camp, making it more or less impossible to frigball spawncamp with a small team. Moreover, with the sheer amount of cover in the map, it lets fighters and interceptors pop in and out quickly, dealing damage over time. Assuming ping and fps aren’t horrendous, which they normally are, which makes interceptors more or less out of the question.

It is great for frigball camping so long as you don’t let the enemy team push you back to your spawn. Once you are trapped in your spawn, frigs have no easy way out, and will most likely die trying to get out.

It is great for frigball camping so long as you don’t let the enemy team push you back to your spawn. Once you are trapped in your spawn, frigs have no easy way out, and will most likely die trying to get out.

except for reverse thruster snipers

except for reverse thruster snipers

Still just as good for those snipers with 8km range. Get above their spawn, and there’s no way they’ll get out.

It’s possible to spawncamp in a frigball on that map, but it’s much more difficult, since there’s so much cover all over the place. It forces folks to spread out if they want to spawn camp, making it more or less impossible to frigball spawncamp with a small team. Moreover, with the sheer amount of cover in the map, it lets fighters and interceptors pop in and out quickly, dealing damage over time. Assuming ping and fps aren’t horrendous, which they normally are, which makes interceptors more or less out of the question.

Small teams favor the smaller ships for sure. The few times i seen frigballs do their things they were like 10 or so ships; it gets very difficult to kill any of them before their combined firepower force us to seek cover. The it’s only a matter of how competent their engies are. To beat a frigball we need numbers and focus fire, it’s difficult to get it if they keep killing us as we spawn.

Small teams favor the smaller ships for sure. The few times i seen frigballs do their things they were like 10 or so ships; it gets very difficult to kill any of them before their combined firepower force us to seek cover. The it’s only a matter of how competent their engies are. To beat a frigball we need numbers and focus fire, it’s difficult to get it if they keep killing us as we spawn.

That’s more or less a description of what you have to do when you’re being frigball camped on any map :stuck_out_tongue:

So the enemy doesn’t like spawning in 2 pulsars, 4+ engi drones and lrfs while having team battle in the Spicy Chicken Burito map?..

I think 10 sec invulnerability at respawn -while inside- 750 m radius of spawn point would be fine for most games except maybe combat recon so that captains don’t just sit at spawn to get the invincible defenders.

If they fly out of radius invincibility is lost.

So the enemy doesn’t like spawning in 2 pulsars, 4+ engi drones and lrfs while having team battle in the Spicy Chicken Burito map?..

I think 10 sec invulnerability at respawn -while inside- 750 m radius of spawn point would be fine for most games except maybe combat recon so that captains don’t just sit at spawn to get the invincible defenders.

If they fly out of radius invincibility is lost.

Permanent invincibility at spawn could work well, you just need to set it so that the captain self destructs if he doesn’t leave spawn within 10 seconds. Then, anyone returning to spawn gets the “leaving the battlefield” warning (perhaps a stack effect - after ten cumulative seconds across the whole match you die and get kicked from the game).

I don’t think the “You die in 10s” will be good for new players, and experienced players will fly in and out of the perma-invincibility zone even if they do get a 10s buffer.

Maybe they could implement something where the spawn buff is cancelled for the whole team if the Captain’s ship is within a certain radius of spawn point.

Or you spawn in a bubble and get kicked out of it after 10s, and cannot return inside of it, although that would cause problems with using the bubble as an obstacle.

There are a lot of bottleneck areas on the map that limit frigball movement + with the millions of obstacles dotted all round the map it is easy to fly around and not get hit. With the tight spaces frigates clump together unless they go outside into the open where there is no cover. Since they are all in one place, it is very easy to fly round and flank from behind and when a few people start doing it the frigball collapses and dies a miserable death (they are only strong if they all shoot in one direction)

There are a lot of bottleneck areas on the map that limit frigball movement + with the millions of obstacles dotted all round the map it is easy to fly around and not get hit. With the tight spaces frigates clump together unless they go outside into the open where there is no cover. Since they are all in one place, it is very easy to fly round and flank from behind and when a few people start doing it the frigball collapses and dies a miserable death (they are only strong if they all shoot in one direction)

A bit late for my answer, but to clarify; the “frigball” was outside. If we think about it, it’s easier to defend for them; when you are outside the tube there is little to no cover, nobody attacking them will fly away from the tube where they are easy targets. All the fights happen close to the tube but since we could not attack “en masse”, we got picked off one by one as we were trying to get out of the tube and attack them.