Spawn camping.

Not sure what most players think about this, but i find it quite frustrating that many games devolve into a spawn camping when one team has the upper hand and the game mode allow it. We may have invulnerability at spawn, but we lose it as soon as we shoot or use a module, something that is way too tempting to do when we are surrounded by enemies. But even if we resist the urge to cancel our invulnerability, when the enemy team is all parked over the spawn ready to kill us, there are next to nowhere to go (and most likely someone will chase us until our god mode wears off). I think something should be done about this, but i’m not sure what…

I agree. I feel like the invulnerability at spawn should stay for the 10 seconds, regardless of whether or not you use a module or shoot. This way the team being spawn-camped has a chance to actually push the enemy team back without melting within seconds of using a module or shooting.

Agreed, invulnerability should stay. Maybe only stay if you are within 5k of your spawn, that way a recon can’t warp to their captain or something and attack.

Agreed, invulnerability should stay. Maybe only stay if you are within 5k of your spawn, that way a recon can’t warp to their captain or something and attack.

I am going to second this.

I’m a big fan of the sai, I hear it has a good crit build. I can take down most ships in 6 seconds.

make spawn a 2k radius no-fire zone for all teams. Staying in the zone offers no tactical advantage but you won’t be vapourised immediately

also, what is your sai setup david? it sounds like a fun PK ship

Staying in the zone offers no tactical advantage

For snipers it will.  Or for those Ace snipers that spawn in and hit F straight away anyways.  I can see this happening more often if people see that they are immune there.

make spawn a 2k radius no-fire zone for all teams

I know the players, most of them would stay there and do nothing / do hopeless shooting, no that’s not a solution.

Maybe, if someone dies in 2km radius from enemy spawn, everyone of that team in a 5km radius gets 5sec invulnerability and a damage buff…

If you are bad enough to allow spawn camping, then you deserve to lose. Nothing will change that.

For snipers it will.  Or for those Ace snipers that spawn in and hit F straight away anyways.  I can see this happening more often if people see that they are immune there.

no fire zone

I know the players, most of them would stay there and do nothing / do hopeless shooting, no that’s not a solution.

Maybe, if someone dies in 2km radius from enemy spawn, everyone of that team in a 5km radius gets 5sec invulnerability and a damage buff…

there’d have to be a notification or something, but if a player enters PvP, one would hope that the player would get off their arse and do something

If you are bad enough to allow spawn camping, then you deserve to lose. Nothing will change that.

This is disgusting. Spawncamping only has three reasons to be legitimate.

1.) The enemy captain is unreachable.

2.) It’s team battle. (Even in this scenario I’d rather pull off)

3.) Sector Conquest

Spawncamping for the exact purpose of farming shows bad sportsmanship. Holding both bombs in detonation with only one enemy beacon left and you sit at enemy spawn is disgusting.

Okay, howabout we just spawn in with the same amount of invisibility and invincibility, but upon activation of modules it wears off? That way we can sneak out of the campers area safely then surprise them from behind. And if we try to warp over there we are instantly vulnerable.

Yes? No? Maybe? This sounds better than having a set radius. Cuz if you did, as soon you you left to try to do anything they’d kill ya.

Or maybe have one of those Defiler pulsars where players spawn? So that enemies will be obliterated if they try to camp? XD

That’s a bit unfair statement. Skills do play a big part, but ship lineup and how well equiped they are matters a lot too. If one team has all purple ships and the other side don’t, odds are the all purple will steamroll.

I think the best solution would be for the devs to add 2 or 3 full team potential spawn locations; when a sizeable amount of enemy are present to one spawn, the game switch the spawn location for the besieged team to another one. That way it would be impossible to hold the spawn for the whole game, it would keep shifting around. Of course, some maps would need to be changed for it to work, the “big cigar” map is prone to spawn camping because it’s basically a big pipe that lead from one spawn to the other with nowhere else to go…

Spawncamp what is it?

Spawncamping for the exact purpose of farming shows bad sportsmanship. Holding both bombs in detonation with only one enemy beacon left and you sit at enemy spawn is disgusting.

Yeah, that’s true!

Old, but it really meets the topic (look at kills/where we are/bombs/time left)  :004j:

WgfOG6R.jpg

Yeah, that’s true!

Old, but it really meets the topic (look at kills/where we are/bombs/time left)  :004j:

WgfOG6R.jpg

Ugh. I remember getting farmed by a wpk death squad in detonation before. Possibly even less enjoyable than team battle against a team of all drone pooping cruise tacklers.

Yeah, some sort of protection against spawn camping would be really great. Maybe one of those anomaly things you can find in certain maps, but only hurting the team that’s spawncamping? Say, radius covers entirety of team spawn plus 1 km, white damage equal to that of the Pandora anomaly. 's not really game breaking, still lets folks pursue others all the way back to spawn, and mostly just discourages long periods of time spent near the enemy spawn. This on top of the current 10 sec invuln ought to work, I think.

Yeah, that’s true!

WgfOG6R.jpg

only chavs be proud of such things.

only chavs be proud of such things.

I’m not proud about it, but it was one of the funnies games ever, i wasn’t able to stop laughing, that team was already warping into our teammates without any hope.

And it was just an example, so calm down and see the point. 83:5 in Detonation is a good way to see how spawncamp can escalate.

I’m not proud about it, but it was one of the funnies games ever, i wasn’t able to stop laughing, that team was already warping into our teammates without any hope.

And it was just an example, so calm down and see the point. 83:5 in Detonation is a good way to see how spawncamp can escalate.

chavs be chavs, you cant even see hypocrisy in your own post.

chavs be chavs, you cant even see hypocrisy in your own post.

If you don’t want to understand it, okay, i don’t care about others opinions about me, especially not about yours.