Remove Join-In-Progress Mechanic for PvP!

Suggestion:

Please, remove hot-joining or join-in-progress mechanic for PvP.

I think that this could bring more balanced matches, plus an entire team on both sides would all start under the same circumstances when it comes to Detonation and other game modes.

Even if the waiting times are longer again for PvP, it’s still worth the risk, just to even the odds a bit!

There are several reasons for this:

- lag freezes when a new player joins on either side (multiple players can freeze lag from 1 to 4 seconds, making you useless and vulnerable in a PvP fight.

• battle in progress often is decided before you got any real impact (enemies are already at spawn, killing all fresh targets - spawn kill abuse)

• most battle modes are not suitable for such mechanic (Combat Recon, Detonation, Domination)

Co-op game mode can still retain join-in-progress mode.

If a player disconnects, joining in progress should still be allowed to replace the disconnected player.

I hate joining games, that are literally lost, just to turn up in the scoreboard with 0 efficiancy, because i was 2 seconds in game… i mean, what’s the point?

… what a xxxx 1@Koromac  – cant answer, they blopcked ḿe by “General,Error”  – cant  Loiin

100% for this

http://prntscr.com/jmxbr3   15 sec game lel

GG all

On 5/25/2018 at 11:43 PM, avarshina said:

… what a xxxx 1@Koromac  – cant answer, they blopcked ḿe by “General,Error”  – cant  Loiin

You can easily circumvent this. Just launch the Game.exe as an Administrator, input your credentials again, and you’re in!

If you’re using Steam, then you must go to Steam/steamapps/common/Star Conflict.

5 minutes ago, Koromac said:

You can easily circumvent this. Just launch the Game.exe as an Administrator, input your credentials again, and you’re in!

If you’re using Steam, then you must go to Steam/steamapps/common/Star Conflict.

Why should one give the game every any higher rights than user?

The hot join currently causes lag for some users, but it is apparently possible to use cartain third party software to fix this. This software could be integrated into the game.

I would prefer the hot join to remain, since queue already takes ages.

1 hour ago, John161 said:

Why should one give the game every any higher rights than user?

You don’t have to, but it’s preferred.

1 hour ago, Scar6 said:

The hot join currently causes lag for some users, but it is apparently possible to use cartain third party software to fix this. This software could be integrated into the game.

I would prefer the hot join to remain, since queue already takes ages.

I will not resort to other methods to fix an issue that used to work fine before. They can fix it by proper coding, not by integrating any 3rd party software, only their own.

You’re in the minority. Better to wait longer than to wait long and have crappy, and unbalanced matches.

1 hour ago, Koromac said:

I will not resort to other methods to fix an issue that used to work fine before. They can fix it by proper coding, not by integrating any 3rd party software, only their own.

You’re in the minority. Better to wait longer than to wait long and have crappy, and unbalanced matches.

or match that is already over

That feeling when you join an already lost “Detonation” battle and get Electrum in the Trophy Research with 0 pts.

3 minutes ago, Rakza said:

That feeling when you join an already lost “Detonation” battle and get Electrum in the Trophy Research with 0 pts.

Can’t give  ![:fed006:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/fed006.png “:fed006:”) and  ![:01414:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/01414.png “:01414:”) “crylle” at same time.

Didn’t really know if I should cry or laugh at this.

Alternatively, the timer for the hot join could be shortened. This would minimize the chance of joining games where the outcome is already decided while also allowing a shortened queue.

22 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

Alternatively, the timer for the hot join could be shortened. This would minimize the chance of joining games where the outcome is already decided while also allowing a shortened queue.

Chances need to be completely eliminated. I do not want to hear the word ‘chance’ in this case!

We DO NOT NEED Hot-join! Hot-join is a part of this mess! Get rid of it, then work your way on other problems.

We lost Combat Recon because of hot joining, we lost survival because of this, we lost Cap all enemy beacons or destroy all enemy ships.

We lost all fun gameplay modes because of hot joining and of course bad MM.

Now we are stuck with Team battle and Beacon hunt + Domination and Detonation.

And it is all bad when you get in game and game is over because the bomb is on way to last station or one team hold all beacons.

10 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

We lost Combat Recon because of hot joining, we lost survival because of this, we lost Cap all enemy beacons or destroy all enemy ships.

We lost all fun gameplay modes because of hot joining and of course bad MM.

Now we are stuck with Team battle and Beacon hunt + Domination and Detonation.

And it is all bad when you get in game and game is over because the bomb is on way to last station or one team hold all beacons.

Do you realize that majority of good players despised Survival as an abomination of a game mode? and Majority of newer players hated Combat recon?

And as fun as Capture the beacon mode is for good players, it absolutely does not fit into random PvP.

None of those modes got removed solely due to a hot join.

45 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Do you realize that majority of good players despised Survival as an abomination of a game mode? and Majority of newer players hated Combat recon?

And as fun as Capture the beacon mode is for good players, it absolutely does not fit into random PvP.

None of those modes got removed solely due to a hot join.

Do you realize that regular PvP with all low-level boost look like Survival mode? 

Taikin sneak (since it can be invisible for radars) shot doomsday on target, activate Inhibitor crystal and then jump through you. 5 sec max time for the kill. Like survival mode.

Ah yes and EB is not helping at all.

So?? 

Even with triple damage in survival, no ship has so much damage output like G.Eagle had just a few weeks ago with F.Blaster.

Now you tell me what we have?

Hmm oh yes R9 Front Blaster + xxx% of damage bonus on low R ship, much more damage and faster kill then in survival mode before.

If you don’t play game then 

I will tell you we have Survival in each game.

Also, Combat recon was the best mode where team actually have some goal in game other than cap beacon.

It was great game mode to play but of course not so great if you joined and one captain was already killed.

33 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

Do you realize that regular PvP with all low-level boost look like Survival mode? 

Taikin sneak (since it can be invisible for radars) shot doomsday on target, activate Inhibitor crystal and then jump through you. 5 sec max time for the kill. Like survival mode.

Ah yes and EB is not helping at all.

So?? 

Even with triple damage in survival, no ship has so much damage output like G.Eagle had just a few weeks ago with F.Blaster.

Now you tell me what we have?

Hmm oh yes R9 Front Blaster + xxx% of damage bonus on low R ship, much more damage and faster kill then in survival mode before.

If you don’t play game then 

I will tell you we have Survival in each game.

Also, Combat recon was the best mode where team actually have some goal in game other than cap beacon.

It was great game mode to play but of course not so great if you joined and one captain was already killed.

I don’t think you played survival right, ever dmg ship would have a dmg of a Golden Eagle. 5 second would be an eternity in the survival.

Low ranked bonuses are not dmg only, they give survivability increases too, which is the opposite of what you are saying.

Some people did like combat recon, I never said otherwise, I myself liked Combat Recon, the point is that statistically the majority of players did not, and lost combat recon with hot join is as not fun just as bacon hunt or detonation for example.

38 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

I don’t think you played survival right, ever dmg ship would have a dmg of a Golden Eagle. 5 second would be an eternity in the survival.

Low ranked bonuses are not dmg only, they give survivability increases too, which is the opposite of what you are saying.

Some people did like combat recon, I never said otherwise, I myself liked Combat Recon, the point is that statistically the majority of players did not, and lost combat recon with hot join is as not fun just as bacon hunt or detonation for example.

I think this was survival

http://prntscr.com/jnoraf

so yeah I don’t know you do