Remove ENERGY CONVERTER from game

Gentlemen, if you see a red orb on ship and a red beam in front of it, hold your fire for 2 sec. Simple  ![:012j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/012j.png “:012j:”)

The module could be limited to frigs imo.

2 hours ago, Russiandude said:

Gentlemen, if you see a red orb on ship and a red beam in front of it, hold your fire for 2 sec. Simple  ![:012j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/012j.png “:012j:”)

Yep, you need to say this for my allies too. (sarcasm)

5 hours ago, Russiandude said:

I agree. That’s the only defense. This and evasion.

Combat reboot too but lets be honest here, the module is too much and needs to revert back to its old self.

9 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Combat reboot too but lets be honest here, the module is too much and needs to revert back to its old self.

Isn’t energy converter longer active then combat reboot (or I think it is because I activeted combat reboot to early and therefore had onehitted myself already a couple of times)?

Energy converter: 4 seconds.

Combat reboot 1.7 I think

1 hour ago, John161 said:

Isn’t energy converter longer active then combat reboot (or I think it is because I activeted combat reboot to early and therefore had onehitted myself already a couple of times)?

Nope. Converter works in 2 ‘phases’, 2 seconds each. In first 2 seconds it ‘gathering’ incomind dmg and ‘releases’ this dmg in the last 2 seconds. So you need to use your reboot at the last 2 seconds.

Requires timing but isnt really that helpful to everyone. EC from before was okay, i have no idea why it was buffed, probably for sales inflation until the first overusage where it will get nerfed again and some other mod will be op, rinse and repeat.

3 hours ago, Russiandude said:

Nope. Converter works in 2 ‘phases’, 2 seconds each. In first 2 seconds it ‘gathering’ incomind dmg and ‘releases’ this dmg in the last 2 seconds. So you need to use your reboot at the last 2 seconds.

It may sound this way due to the copypasta pyro sound effect, but it is actually running for the whole 4 seconds. It gathers damage over one second, then releases it in a pulse at the end of the second, for four seconds.

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

It may sound this way due to the copypasta pyro sound effect, but it is actually running for the whole 4 seconds. It gathers damage over one second, then releases it in a pulse at the end of the second, for four seconds.

Its important to tank the last 2 secs with combat reboot because the damn damage grows exponentially and not 1:1 as juan would assume.

11 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

Its important to tank the last 2 secs with combat reboot because the damn damage grows exponentially and not 1:1 as juan would assume.

Me and paps actually did some p extensive testing a while back with it, and it actually depends on a few factors. One is whether or not you are taking continuous damage, and the other is what ship you are hitting with the beam. An inty/fighter/frig will take 1:1 damage, and the damage will add up as continuous damage is dealt. Against destroyers, it adds up AND doubles every second, leading to an exponential increase in damage. Take 5k the first second, and deal 75k the last.

What happened to deal damage as you get damage 1 for 1? This “deal stacked damage from even little damage” is just complete nonsense, every time i get hit with ec, i know if anyone shoots at the guy im done for no matter what hp/resist ratio i have…

This modul was made to kill destroyers so no need for it now since destroyers were nerfed.

Also as I said there is no tactic just turn on EC dive in enemy team kill two of them because it is impossible to evade it.

Also in team of 6-12 random players it will never happen that all stop to shot.

But as some of you are for EC, can some one explain to me please why?

Bc it’s super hella fuggin fun to use. Though I think it should fire four projectiles rather than be a laser. Laser may or may not affect your target even if you aim perfectly, but projectile will also be able to be dodged.

56 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Bc it’s super hella fuggin fun to use. Though I think it should fire four projectiles rather than be a laser. Laser may or may not affect your target even if you aim perfectly, but projectile will also be able to be dodged.

please no, if it is a projectile then the devs will make it follow your ship’s direction, not the crosshair

1 minute ago, evo888 said:

please no, if it is a projectile then the devs will make it follow your ship’s direction, not the crosshair

Why tf would they do that.

No. It would fire at crosshairs as usual but just with a speed instead of instant beam.

16 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

If the EC works the same way when i last played, then it deals dmg taken at the first tick, at the second tick it deals the same dmg of the first tick plus any dmg youve received during that 2nd second, at third second it deals dmg you dealt in second 2 plus dmg youve received during 3rd second…and same for 4th tick. So if you are receiving 500 dps for those 4 second dmg you inflict would be: 500 + 1000 + 1500 + 2000 = 5k total.

Energy converter is useless to most. Only some know how to use it. Even if you know how to use it, half of the time its nearly impossible to time it right. Best way to counter energy converter is to not shoot when you see the laser line. If you don’t shoot you only get 2,200 dmg or so. If you shoot while its being used on you, you will get back whatever you dished out. If you are in a desie it can be a lot. Which brings the question if I give someone 100k  or more dmg why is he still alive for the thing to work in the first place?

I am not for pro nerf, but I think some parameters need to be looked into.

On 30/11/2017 at 1:09 AM, SunnySweet said:

because it is impossible to evade it.

No it’s not. It’s a laser. You can evade it just like ion emitter