Rank 10-15 PvE Difficulty is all wrong.

Im out too till next patch.

Will log in get my bonus and see ya

I have also noticed allot less players on lately for matches.

So I can see Im not the only one. Free players (which I am not)

get tired of not being able to complete a mission too.

Doing my low tier 4’s in pve games that are obviously made for maxed tier 5’s is xxxx.

Why have MM for pvp in each tier and not for pve, stupidly lazy.

I dont care if it takes longer to get games, at least I will get a better shot at finishing them and not losing, over and over and over and over and over.

Not enjoying this system.

Rank 10-15 PVE needs full teamwork of a team. The issue is that in tier 4, many are simply rushing ships. This results in people in high tiers having barely upgraded ships and have no sense whatsoever in playing their class. In PVE, where players from tier 3 just enter tier 4, they are entering with firstly, the wrong ships for the wrong purpose, secondly, that ship is not upgraded neither do they have the skill to use that class well. Third, they have no idea how to play their class. Yesterday i played 7 PVE matches. Only 2 out of 7 succeeded, and i quit from the 3 others because it was clear we were not going to win.

The sheer lack of understanding of game mechanics by some players is appaling. You have engys who are spamming their auras, guards facetorping themselves, Some engys having no auras??? ( serious i saw this guy, shield booster, shield adapter, repair kit and composite coating). Not only that, we have people bringing ships for the wrong purpose, ie: Long Range to protect cargo ships…

There needs to be a certain barrier to stop this. As it stands now, Aces are bringing their empty shells, fitted wrongly and have absolutely no skill in their class role whatsoever, into PVE matches of rank 10-15 and screwing not only each other, but tier 5 veterans as well. Even if i take the lead and ask them to change class, they refuse. (Seriously F*** you whoever it was who refused to change from covert ops to guard) There needs to be sort of a barrier to prevent Aces from messing up the PVE. The question is how?

Rank 10-15 PVE needs full teamwork of a team. The issue is that in tier 4, many are simply rushing ships. This results in people in high tiers having barely upgraded ships and have no sense whatsoever in playing their class. In PVE, where players from tier 3 just enter tier 4, they are entering with firstly, the wrong ships for the wrong purpose, secondly, that ship is not upgraded neither do they have the skill to use that class well. Third, they have no idea how to play their class. Yesterday i played 7 PVE matches. Only 2 out of 7 succeeded, and i quit from the 3 others because it was clear we were not going to win.

The sheer lack of understanding of game mechanics by some players is appaling. You have engys who are spamming their auras, guards facetorping themselves, Some engys having no auras??? ( serious i saw this guy, shield booster, shield adapter, repair kit and composite coating). Not only that, we have people bringing ships for the wrong purpose, ie: Long Range to protect cargo ships…

There needs to be a certain barrier to stop this. As it stands now, Aces are bringing their empty shells, fitted wrongly and have absolutely no skill in their class role whatsoever, into PVE matches of rank 10-15 and screwing not only each other, but tier 5 veterans as well. Even if i take the lead and ask them to change class, they refuse. (Seriously F*** you whoever it was who refused to change from covert ops to guard) There needs to be sort of a barrier to prevent Aces from messing up the PVE. The question is how?

Hah. Some days, it takes 10, 15 tries before I manage to get a successful game in PvE. These are exactly the problems that plague PvE. The worst part?

There’s more players doing that than PvP, sometimes.

I hate the mission of the Elydium base capture (clear cells, cover convoy, kill aliens) where the turrets are fine, but the enemies seem to cluster quite far from the objective and then push into players who try to tackle both cells at once or are trying to cover those who attack the charger cells (Part 1).

It is survivable, though. Just make the objectives more clear so people don’t try to kill the swarm and die in the process.

Meanwhile…

Processing Rig Part 2, HOLY CRAP.

That was the hardest mission ever…

Hostiles spawn too often too fast, and the Turret Type 2’s are Absolutely LETHAL in 4-9 games.

I’ve seen teams get buchered by a combination of AI, Missile Turrets and Turrets.

Please just cut down on the AI Ships… Please…

Because only someone who know how to pass on solo can carry a team, or someone who’s done it before could hardly carry the team through.

Pirate base I have some problems due to the objectives not being clear in P1, overbuffed AI (T2 jokers tanking like T4 frigs, and hitting like 'em too, really?) and the whole process is confusing. First destroy the sheild generators. Then get sheild controllers (if you can find them) then kill the sheild cell things (again if you can find them) then kill the things next to the door. Would like directions on the side explaining what to look for first so confused players don’t get swarmed to hell (especially if it’s their first 10-15 PvE on that mission).

Also Part 2 I have mixed feels about. Not sure why I can’t get past it even when I  try my hardest to protect the transport from hostile NPCs with a dedicated missile turret killer assisting me. I’ve only done this mission once, and I survived the boss recalling how to survive the elite hunter from Elydium Base Part 3.

Alien Boss is tricky, but what’s funny is trapping it in a spot and then shooting it while out of range of it’s pulsar.

Bios are spot on. Could use some alien drones with the elite hunter to support it? It feels weak without a passive support system that’s not the pulsar. Would also make it more rewarding and feel more rewarding.

Punisher In PvE feels buffed from the one in Invasion. Either Buff the invasion punisher or nerf the PvE punisher… And reduce the number of those ECM frigs… I hate being killed while I am unable to use modules in Blackwood.

Pirate Flagship feels like a copypasted Punisher, only weaker. You could use a guard to solo kill it in 1-3, and 4-5**

**Referring to Ice Belt mission

Just bring a lrf of rank 13 and above fitted with an EM Scattering Field and yr other 3 ships as support ships for guarding objectives like cargo ships and u are set to never die. Best ship for this in my opinion is Mauler, if not any Empire/Jericho lrf of rank 13 above will work. Choose the E13 impant and u will get infinite Em cloak. If it is running out just destroy a ship.

Crimson Haze:

Round 1: Fine. All ships viable.

Round 2: The corridor section is a bit buggy , but overall fine.

_Round 3: _Fine.

Attack drones have an aneurysm in the corridor.

Attack drones have an aneurysm in the corridor.

You should see the AI. They Lawndart into the floor outside the corridor, and they stay out of the corridor itself. you can try to bait them in, but once you’re out of sight they quickly move for the exit again.

Maybe it’s haunted by the ghosts of deceased cybers…

You should see the AI. They Lawndart into the floor outside the corridor, and they stay out of the corridor itself. you can try to bait them in, but once you’re out of sight they quickly move for the exit again.

Maybe it’s haunted by the ghosts of deceased cybers…

I have to consciously say to myself “don’t right click! Or the drones will get stuck on the floor and won’t help you with those pesky turrets!”

I use a styx and can almost solo crimson haze, so it doesn’t matter much. But it did matter when I was using a pheasant raptor mk2.

Quick question, how do you guys do Rig pt. 3 in T4/5?

Just had a rather good crew breeze through 1 and 2, but part 3 was kinda like “thanks for stopping by”.

We had the usual frigball with me as LR, an engi and 2 guards.

I kept my coils firing at heat limit, and the second wave of enemies just smoked the first transport. 20 seconds later, the second blew up.

Entire team was outputting everything we had, but we just couldnt dps enough to keep them from the transports.

Aggro the mobs so that they point their guns at you rather than the transports, so get a bit closer to them. Guards should be in their face spamming pulsar.

Problem i see is, without the rank 13 implant your cooldowns are way higher than the spawns.

So T4 is way harder than T5, as i observed on several maps now.

Pirate base is ok, maybe highlight the objectives. There is a bit of bot spam in processing rig, but surrounding the cargo ship with aoe, pulsar, drones works. Engies in multiples breeze through that mission

I think there has been some ninja buff in T5 Captured Dreadnought, since the last 3,5 mb patch, a day or two ago.

Increased amount of Pirate Captain and other ships in General, like AI Guards.

It was noticeable, especially in T5 Captured Dreadnought R2 and R3.

I think there has been some ninja buff in T5 Captured Dreadnought, since the last 3,5 mb patch, a day or two ago.

Increased amount of Pirate Captain and other ships in General, like AI Guards.

It was noticeable, especially in T5 Captured Dreadnought R2 and R3.

I noticed this in T3, also Pirate Base (T4-5) still has stupidly high amounts of NPCs for the first part, and too many turrets to count. Second part is okay, if the transport was not made of glass and the NPCs could spawn in slower with lesser amounts, or with lower resists.

Pirate Boss is OP as all hell but perfectly okay if you can dodge the instakill orbs of death.

Lately ive been checking my PVE games trough eta log analyzer and ive encountered many times that i have from 40 to 60% participation. Before that i recall an important number of PVE games played in my T5 fed recon getting highest score (sometimes highest kills) not considering pirate raid (because in that map is way too easy to make score)…I do have most of my T5 equipment maxed out but i also have as minimum 150 ping, so people should do better than me, and they rarely do so. 

All of that sayed, i find PVE easy (even with a bad team) where i can go through every mission using recon and/or guard. Using T4 are challenging but not determinant to win at all. With a good team you can play “single handed” every map…just like seal clubbing in dreads with 8 players wing vs a 4 players wing xD. The only problem i see is that most of the people doesnt know what to do or is really bad at doing it. Period. Some games can be impossible to win if you are alone, but its not your fault nor PVE’s difficulty…the rest of the team is simply not at the required lvl or their “tactics” are really bad. Usually going after key objectives is the fastest but can be only achieved by a good team, killing every ship and doing it the slow way always works even with no comunication. Just stick together, kill stuff, win.

Personally i find round 2 of processing rig difficult, since no one starts shooting the ships in time; ive seen lots of times LRF cloacked at the beggining of the game, shooting turrets, then find out they are the last alive and dont get their EM scattering field back in time…so they die as soon as they are spoted. Other times ive seen frigates missing lots of shots to at least 5+ ships orbiting them…they usually dont get many kills/score, and barely do anything at round 3. The times where there has been at least 2 ships taking out NPCs ships just when they spawn, round gets very easy. After the 2 waves theres a big cooldown to finish off every missile turret…if you cant make it in time, shoot enemy ships again, then go for turrets and done. This round can be easily done too with fast ships taking all missile turrets ASAP without shooting enemy ships.

Some say Fort muerto/pirate raid boss hits too hard…i dont care, balls are too slow to even touch you. As frigate is complicate to dodge them, but if you play well you can do safely. Actually if you are really unconfident with your frigate flying skills, go trough the circle of the center of the map and let the boss follow you, while team shoots the boss relaxed…you wont be shot because even if the boss is too close, balls will hit walls and not you.
I also read that mission objectives are not clear for first round…well, its your duty to learn where you have to go. Those are structures = they dont move = they are always in the same spot. Ask someone to ping them the first time and thats it. The easiest way to pass first round is with a cov op rushing objectives and ignoring ships. Ive played now some games with my T5 fed guard (synergy lvl 4-6) and passed trough every round doing great (killing objectives only at round 1, getting a few kills with pulsar and many assists/destroying turrets at round 2 or guarding cargo ship/being fire support or drawing boss attention).

I can give more tips about all of the other maps…but i would spend a lot of time and would definately bore you all (if i havent already xD)… Point was that all you need is to play good and have a good fit with your ships (doesnt have to be T5, doesnt have to be mk4-5); if your team does ok as you, you will have a guaranteed victory. Talking the most simple as possible: stick with your team and dont do stupid things (like standing still in front of all turrets or letting pulsar from blackwood boss hit you over and over).

I noticed this in T3, also Pirate Base (T4-5) still has stupidly high amounts of NPCs for the first part, and too many turrets to count. Second part is okay, if the transport was not made of glass and the NPCs could spawn in slower with lesser amounts, or with lower resists.

Pirate Boss is OP as all hell but perfectly okay if you can dodge the instakill orbs of death.

Pirate base is the easyest pve lol.

round 1 easy to solo with covert ops,round 2 you can do it lrf or covers ops(turrents),and 3 frigates (bots),Round 3 is also easy just take lrf’s with curved blasters or covert op’s

Take a strafe tackler with target painter, slows and drones, ion or gravibeam :slight_smile: Now with super slow missiles and he will be easy to contain for your team.

T4 and T5.  All it takes is one LRF with perma EM scattering. . . not helping keep agro off team mates and just pwng objectives to rake in the points–or one tackler in the wrong mission.  Next thing ya know… everyone’s dead cause agro was too much and LRF or tackler is the only one alive.  Feels like 9/10 PvE matches these days.  In T3 and below it doesn’t matter because the agro is nowhere near as tough, so 3 decent pilots can easily fend them off.  Rank 10-15 it takes all 4 pilots working together, looking out for each other.  

t4 team who knows what they’re doing can achieve a victory at least they could

before this balance patch u need certain ships at certain missions but u can do it  

but the problem is in many occasions they don’t know what they’re doing or they

use different methods so it becomes some half xxxx method which fail miserably 

imo it’s all about doing damage fast. sometimes u need to kill objects or sometimes

u need to kill the mobs who are trying to kill or capture your objects

of course u need to stay alive to do the damage but with a high DPS 

you don’t need to survive that long now that’s the thing if low dps ships

kill the mobs so that high DPS ships can survive long enough to take 

care of the objects that would be very effective but it means low DPS ships

will get less Eff points. although it doesn’t mean much unless u r doing Emp

contracts people still care about it

Imho if devs reduce eff points u get from destructing objects or increas eff point

u get from killing ships it would encourage players to focus more on the enemy ships

which in general will leads to more stable play

I’m serious. there is no reason to compete over this eff point unless u r 

going after PVE ranks or something but it still make players go for it

that’s why players r killing cells in crimson haze 2nd round while the

turrets r attacking your team, that why they kill this flasks at the captured dread

1st round while ignoring the turrets actually shooting at your team

it’s stupid but I myself is not free from this obsession XD I don’t usually go for the

object I mentioned above but I prefer wiping out small turrets first

at the 2nd round of cap dread. yes there r pros in taking that action

but sometimes I focus on them more than my teammates

this stupid eff point is actually hurting the teamwork imo

this also links to another problem which Zero mentioned above

first let me tell u something.

blackwood shipyard 1st and 3rd round, fort muerto 2nd, processing rig 3rd, 

crimson haze 3rd, and ellydium base 2nd round as long as I know those r the list 

of pve mission rounds u can’t solo with t5 lrf. u can solo ellydium base 2nd too 

if u do damage to the turrets at the first round. maybe more skilled pilots can solo 

the rounds I mentioned above too but I can’t tell atm. 

anyway as long as I know, LRF with right modules can solo at least about 2/3 of 

the entire pve rounds and since they can finish all these rounds without much 

help of other teammates they can act as if they r doing t2-3 pve. something I call

‘don’t give a damn’ play-style of course u can punish this play style but since in

most cases it would also mean mission failure so practically there’s no way u can 

force LRFs to help other teammates especially when objects are such high value targets 

that helping your teammates actually give u less eff points. if lrf wanna gain high eff points 

it would work better for him/her to let other teammates die since u can get most of the 

objects eff points by yourself but if u get more points by killing ships u would more inclined to

kill more enemy ships which will result in teammates’ survival

it’s not that complicated well devs gotta balance the eff point but that’s kinda it

some might worry it would take players’ eyes away from the objects

but as far as I’m concerned hat’s not the case here unless u give too

many eff points for killing ships it wouldn’t be a problem

I have other ideas but those ideas can have some side effects

and can take more effort to adapt to the game so I just wanna propose

a change in eff point system

p.s. I forgot to clarify when I said lrf “can” solo certain missions

I didn’t mean I can always succeed. but I know from my personal

experience that it can be done and u don’t really need a good luck

to do this u just need right modules and patience