Rank 10-15 PvE Difficulty is all wrong.

I am not commenting on any other difficulty because I’ve stopped playing them, but in my opinion, and the opinions of others I’ve played with, the difficulty settings of these missions are way off.

This is my reckoning on the situation. I’m sure others will chime in.

Blackwood Shipyard:

Round 1: Fine. All ships and ranks appear viable here, though it is preferred to bring fighters or frigates

Round 2: Enemy waves spawn a little too close together. There should a longer pause between them.

Round 3: Fine. Light ships not recommended, but in theory they can be used. Tends toward frig balls for maximum chance of success.

Captured Dreadnought:

This has been a problem for a while now.

Round 1: Enemies spawn too fast. If one player dies you’re going to really struggle to get the bots off you long enough to cap. If two die it’s all over. Frigballs mandatory.

Round 2: Enemies spawn way too often. Unless you are stacking kinetic-resists all the way even a relatively strong frigate can be torn apart by a sudden swarm of bots. Frigballs mandatory.

_Round 3: _Again, enemies spawn way too often. Frigballs not as mandatory, but when you have to use it for the first two rounds…

Crimson Haze:

Round 1: Fine. All ships viable.

Round 2: The corridor section is a bit buggy, but overall fine.

_Round 3: _Fine.

Pirate Base:

_Round 1: _Enemy waves seem to spawn a little fast, but it’s doable. Enemy damage might be a bit too high for T4 to handle though.

Round 2: Seems fine.

Round 3: Boss 1-hit-kills every ship in existence. That’s really not on. He needs a nerf.

Ice Reef:

Round 1: Enemy spawn rate makes this more difficult than it should be. Tends to force LRF spam because people dare not leave spawn.

Round 2: Enemy spawn is a little quick, but not too bad.

Round 3: Boss is too strong in my opinion - can kill a lot of ships in 1-2 shots.

Processing Rig:

Round 1: This one is hit and miss. Honestly can’t call it, but I’ve seen fighter-inty squads succeed so I’m declaring it fine.

Round 2: Again, if there’s a problem it’s with the bot spawn rate.

Round 3: Tentatively saying it’s fine. Bot spawn isn’t too bad providing you keep on top of it. 

So the big issue lies with the bot spawn rates, and how there is a tendency to force people toward Frigballs to succeed. The spawn rate needs to come down on some / all missions so players can actually have some breathing room between attacks unless they’ve got a maxed T5 Guard with infinite pulsar.

Crimson Haze has become my favourite mission because it’s doable with just about anything. It’s probably the only PvE where you could bring four Interceptors and have a chance of winning!

+1 i Agree in every aspect. That boss in pirate base is just ridiculously overpowered.

It is top tier pve. It should be hard. I have finished all pve in the new difficulties and they are right. The bosses one shooting people has been there forever and it is fine. Just don’t get shot.

It is top tier pve. It should be hard. I have finished all pve in the new difficulties and they are right. The bosses one shooting people has been there forever and it is fine. Just don’t get shot.

You’re also someone who knows what they’re doing and can carry hard.

I agree that PvE missions are too difficult. EVERYONE has to play either really well or with “optimum” ships or else you’re just going to give everyone else a hard time. And realistically, NO ONE is going to bother using a Duplicator in random PvE. I’d rather eat the lost time and if I die, the whole group is probably a lost cause anyway.

I should be able to bring ANY sort of ship to ANY PvE mission because maybe I want to synergize ships I can’t PvP with to save my life. And they’re all horribly skewed towards damage dealers and frigs. Anything not a CO/Gunship is seen as a hindrance to a team.

That said, this is all in RANDOM MM PvE lobbies. Me and 3 other NASA peeps could run with crazy loadouts and do fine because we all know what we’re doing. PvE difficult is fine for COMPETENT SQUADS, but let’s be honest here, 4-man PvE squads are the vast minority.

For me dificulty its ok, they are the last stages and need to be a bit hard. I play always with random people and some times whe fail to do the stage, and that its normal, if u win always pve becomes boring.

I like play pve to make a break from stresing pvp battles, and i do pve mostly for fun, synergy of my t5 ships its secondary, anyways i dont have a T5 ship with full synergy.

On the other hand its true, that some stages need to be done with specific ship roles, for example last stage of blackwood is strongly recomended a frig, or the second stage of crimson haze too. and i agree to make those specific stages more playable for all roles.

In my opinion, difficulty its ok, if u know how the stage works u need to help those players that dont know (or at least marking objectives and giving some advices to your team), but dont make it more easy to convert pve on a repetitive grind without fun. If u make pve more easy u will see a loot of people playing t5 pvp with less than 100 battles because newbies think when more ship they have they are better and thats a huge mistake.

In other words, if u want to grind instread of play for fun, make a team with your corp (or recruit ppl from general chat) and do it, but if u want to play for fun make random team and try to play as a team with those random people.

I only have problems with any of the PVE maps when a bunch of Aces who don’t know how to do them get in the group.

When i play first stage of pirates for example i always say “if u dont know how to do this stage take a ceptor and follow my marks”, never worked but im still trying… xd

Anyways i can do alone that first stage in my ceptor, the problem its the second stage to defend the cargo cuz whe need divide the team, 2 for turrets and 2 to catch fighters, never reached the 3rd stage with randoms in this patch.

Maybe its because im doing that in a bad way, (or is there another best way) but with nasa teams always worked.

Part of the problem I see is that discussions on balance tend to get a lot of “I’m flying T5 and it’s fine”, which to me is no different than arguing the old version was fine because you could bring T4 in a T3 game.

I’ve noticed the general trend is that the more T4 people bring the more likely you are to fail. Once again, balancing isn’t done properly and like in PvP it’s T4 that suffers.

It’s fine for me, but I must admit, even I must be careful sometimes and I know what to equip on my ship and how to do it.

Round 2 of Captured Dreadnought can go so quickly wrong, because you soon get overwhelmed and enemies sometimes just focus on a single target, like me. I can take it, but if I am alone, it’s very tricky and time consuming. How can I defeat a bunch of Cartel Captains with 2 Cartel Warlords and a bunch of Cartel Lieutenants and cartel fighters/interceptors receiving  thermal, em and mostly kinetic damage at the same time? I think there is total of 18, if not more targets.

You can kill them all of them in less than 10 seconds, but when you’ll be done, there will be another spawn directly on you. If your shields go down in a guard, chances of survival are slim.

Ice Belt round 1 is fine, but you have to be careful that you don’t get hit by any thermal rockets, even in T5 guard.

Round 2 is a constant flux of fighters, if you’re alone, they are hard to kill, especially without rank 13 Empire implant and you just can’t capture any beacons, even if it’s the last one, because of constant hits and spawns or to the fact that ship’s size prevents you to hide in a better spot, like Naga, etc.

However, take into consideration that I got good setup and implant tree along with all mk IV’s and I know exactly what ot expect on a fully synergised ship in T5 with a T5 ship.

I have a good chance.

but:

Now take into consideration beginners/randoms. Wrong ship selection choices, wrong modules, mk I equipment, etc, low syn, only 1 ship, no healer, etc…

Chances of failure goes up dramatically. Up to 75-90%. Tier 1 to Tier 9 is fine. Tier 10-15 should be re-examined, not because of me, but because of others. I can handle it.

I use all T5 ships all the time and not T4. The others need to pay for premium ships and they are forced to take T5 instead of T4 premiums to avoid getting losses in PVE matches.

That’s all.

Now take into consideration beginners/randoms.

As a beginner you usually don’t play T5 missions. If you still do, you die. And that’s normal. Also, if the missions are too hard for some, perhaps these pilots start to re-think over their equipment, ship constellation, implants, etc. They could try and find a way to succeed in these missions. They are not that hard. Really. Even for randoms. I’ve seen it as well.

Pirate Base:

_Round 1: _Enemy waves seem to spawn a little fast, but it’s doable. Enemy damage might be a bit too high for T4 to handle though.

Round 2: Seems fine.

Round 3: Boss 1-hit-kills every ship in existence. That’s really not on. He needs a nerf.

My suggestion for Round 1 is to go for objectives using interceptors and ignore ships, it can be solo’ed under 2 min.

Round 3 make sure clear the reinforcement if DPS is not high, also tackler debuff works great, and cloak is undetectable therefore reviving teammate if needed. Install EB so at least you can take 2 hit from ball before dies. Ball is easy to evade even using a frigate… use wsad rather than run around.

Hope this helps.

i would love to see the DEV teams run this mission themselves! they are required to complete these missions on a partial synergized ship with mk2-mk3 weapons or modules.

if you the DEV team can proof this is do-able, we should rest our case and play harder! show it on youtube!

if you guys is in-capable of finishing these missions, then please use your brain a little bit.

T5 PVP  games already so rare, waiting time is like 3-5mins. why on earth you make the T5 PVE so hard. where else can the T5 players go and do? they cant just roam around the Invasion all the time. without synergy gain from Invasion, where the he ll do players find a way to get upgrade??? its freaking boring going around Invasion on your mk1/2 T5 ships. you will die so quick by the alien scouts or or pirates.

i would love to see the DEV teams run this mission themselves! they are required to complete these missions on a partial synergized ship with mk2-mk3 weapons or modules.

if you the DEV team can proof this is do-able, we should rest our case and play harder! show it on youtube!

if you guys is in-capable of finishing these missions, then please use your brain a little bit.

T5 PVP games already so rare, waiting time is like 3-5mins. why on earth you make the T5 PVE so hard. where else can the T5 players go and do? they cant just roam around the Invasion all the time. without synergy gain from Invasion, where the he ll do players find a way to get upgrade??? its freaking boring going around Invasion on your mk1/2 T5 ships. you will die so quick by the alien scouts or or pirates.

Do you guys know that purple modules just give you a 2-3% bonus right? If you can’t finish a scenario with a green ship, you won’t do it with a purple one.

Pro tip. In any ship, synergy level is 10 times more important than having purple modules.

So what shipps did you use? T5 ship with max level,or T4 new ship?

For what i saw… if we get more than 1 new T4 ship…than we don’t even need to try, every time…every time i survive as the last one, face to more and more bots…it really makes me afraid to try the T45 PVE.

Just coming back from a round of T5 Captured Dreadnought.

All four of us were at the last cap point, none of us could cap because we were under attack the whole time. Then people started dying one after the other while the rats slowly repaired it to 100%. We never brought the point below 55%.

So yeah, something’s fishy.

Its still way to easy and boring! you are doing the same boring stuff all time. ofc you will find out best spots and easy ways to finish every mission with eyes closed…

i want random Blackwood Shipyard Bosses in every map. so people want fall a sleep every few mins.

also i wish more aoe! give enemies torpedoes. this will bring more action.

:005j:  :fed001:  :006j:   :snowgirl:  :008j:  :005j:  :004j:  :00555:

Real problem is you need least 2 guard ships with pulsar to have any chance in t5 PvE, becuase they just too many mobs to kill, conventional weapons cant kill them fast enough before the next swarm.

Which says to me balance is way off, they prob better with less mobs but stronger mobs, which can then encourage teamwork to focus fire mobs down, and would reduce need for pulsar.

You certainly shouldn’t be forcing the use of certain ships

Do you guys know that purple modules just give you a 2-3% bonus right? If you can’t finish a scenario with a green ship, you won’t do it with a purple one.

Pro tip. In any ship, synergy level is 10 times more important than having purple modules.

Afraid your maths is way off, engineer mods alone add approx 15% more heal each,  1 peice of galv armor will add another 4% resist and you can have more than 1

You also got remeber you have total 14 slots you can upgrade, and each hadd few % here and few % there adds up very quickly.

In case of engi, you can have full green gear ship and fighting a large mob and it get torn to shreds without any hope, yet same ship with same gear in full purple can tank right through it without breaking a sweat due do higher resistance means it taking less damage, and higher regen/heal that heals more than the damage it receives.

In the case of Pulsar, difference between 900m and 1200m is 33% bigger, meaning lot more hostile in range that pulsar will hit, which can more than double it damage output in middle of a crowd of mobs… and thats just 1 module

Real problem is you need least 2 guard ships with pulsar to have any chance in t5 PvE, becuase they just too many mobs to kill, conventional weapons cant kill them fast enough before the next swarm.

Which says to me balance is way off, they prob better with less mobs but stronger mobs, which can then encourage teamwork to focus fire mobs down, and would reduce need for pulsar.

You certainly shouldn’t be forcing the use of certain ships

guards with lvl13 implant are very good

i like them very much and inquisitor has 1500m range  :001j:

guards with lvl13 implant are very good

i like them very much and inquisitor has 1500m range  :001j:

Yea i know I just speaking of the general guard rather than specfic, guards are great ship but just shouldn’t be forced as a requirement to compleate pve