R15 SP ships need some love!!

Please give them access to some of the current unique modules or create some new ones for them, they really do feel lacking without them. Considering the effort to create them they should not be so underwhelming. 

Yeah out of the 9 that currently exist only 3 are remotely competitive.

Peregrine ; Made obsolete by Spike, Falcon-M, Golden Eagle
Caltrop ; Made obsolete by Karud, Zhen, Dyrnwyn

Cyning ; is pretty good for vast bonuses, insane damage potential and kinetic/em bonus; competitive with Marten, outperformed by Tai’Kin (for recon purposes)

Jaguar ; is also strong due to projectile bonuses and bonus selection and short cd cloak, no tackler is truly SotA atm so it’s Top 3 there for sure.

Saw One ; Pilgrim exists, it’s basically just a better version of it, Granite while empire also is a way better command

Mjolnir ; Close to glory but just not entirely. For Gauss Thar’Ga is just better, Railgun is not that strong and for Bubbles Wolfhound/Stingray/Thar’Ga are a lot better. Laser? Go Orelus.

Octopus ; Vastly outperformed by Brokk/Waz’Got for pure heals. But it’s the best fed engie since it has good bonuses, fat drones and can be made very tanky. It has a place.

Ronin : Sort of good, but also not really. Endeavor/Patriarch and even Scimitar generally have the edge for regular PvP. Boremys got the nerf hammer a lot but is probably still better too.

Kraken : Good MWP, but having Particle Flow Disruptor available to Arch/Black Dragon makes this an inferior choice. Executor better for torps. Gargoyle way better for MVP, Project 1011 for raw LRF dmg.

Out of the 9 only Cyning, Jaguar and Octopus really have places in the meta. 

Cyning is pretty balanced as it is, RF Blaster getting buffed would be very nice for it.

Jaguar could need a slight buff but also not really. It’s quite good.

Octopus should have the ability to heal a bit more than it does right now, then it is a good alternative to stationary staples such as Brokk/Waz’Got

All the others need Major Buffs / Access to modules

IMO out of the 9 ships, jag/octo/cyning are the strongest followed by ronin/saw/kraken and the rest, caltrop/mjolnir/peregrine, are not competitive enough in comparison to other one trick ponies. I would suggest a weapon buff for caltrop, movement buff for mjolnir (strafe preferably) and movement buff for peregrine (turn speed/rotation). Giving them access to unique mods would end up in a disaster due to how customizable they are.

3 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Giving them access to unique mods would end up in a disaster due to how customizable they are.

I disagree.

If some of them have special modules and/or Native Stats that allow them to be playable, that’s absolutely not the situation for all of them.

• Octopus has access to 3 Drones / 2 Resilient Drones + Generic Weapon Buff + Engineer’s Module Buff
  • Jaguar has access to OGD Cameleon with less Cooldown/Effect and an OGD Cameleon that’s not cancelled by Damage + Specific Weapon Buff / Tackler Module’s buff.
  • Peregrine has access to a Plasma Web with Anti Heal / Longer Dot Plasma Web + Mobility Buff / Covert Ops Module buff

• Cyning has access to Fast Microwarp / Lock Disabling MicroWarp + Mobility Bonus / Specific Weapon Buff
  • Mjolnir has access to Resistance Overdrive / Anti-Debuff Overdrive + Mobility Bonus / Specific Weapon Buff
  • Kraken has access to Energy Burning Disintigrator / Guided Torpedo / DoT Disintigrator + Hull Resistance Bonus / Generic Weapon Buff

• Calltrop has access to Longer Range Metastable Field / Lesser Cooldown Metastable Fied + Mobility Bonus / Specific Weapon Buff
  • Saw One has access to Damage Increase Diffusion Shield / Energy Recharging Diffusion Shield + Generic Weapon buff + Command’s Modules buff
  • Ronin has access to +30 Resistance Phase Shield but -15% Damage / +7 energy Pts per hit Phase Shield + Specific Weapon buff + Generic Tanking Buff

The Secret Project Ships were developed with Alien Technologies but have access to none of them.

Ronin should have access to Ram Attack !

Like i said, it would shift the power severely towards r15 and the r16/17 would be obsolete in comparison almost instantly. Some of the sp ships need special module adjustments and some passive bonuses to spice things up, everything else will end badly.

I’d just be happy if the elly uniques didn’t require so many resources to get. I don’t wanna spend 15k gs ranking up my Elly to 15 just for one module ya know.

15 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Like i said, it would shift the power severely towards r15 and the r16/17 would be obsolete in comparison almost instantly. Some of the sp ships need special module adjustments and some passive bonuses to spice things up, everything else will end badly.

If not giving them access to current unique modules, could some new ones not be created for them? At least that way you can balance them.

13 minutes ago, PrivateBrowsing said:

If not giving them access to current unique modules, could some new ones not be created for them? At least that way you can balance them.

I believe that there could be room for each ship to have their own unique module if need be, its just that it needs to be designed very good and not to end up as some kind of a cheesy one hit wonder.

59 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

I believe that there could be room for each ship to have their own unique module if need be, its just that it needs to be designed very good and not to end up as some kind of a cheesy one hit wonder.

Just need something that accentuates their rolls or adds some kind of utility/survivability.

2 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

You know… I made a suggestion that would fit SP ships p well a while ago.

You know the one.

About spec mod modifiers.

Hint hint nudge nudge.

4 hours ago, PrivateBrowsing said:

Just need something that accentuates their rolls or adds some kind of utility/survivability.

Yeah its a bit difficult to keep it to some normal scale so thats why i keep away from such things and suggestions in general.

2 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

You know… I made a suggestion that would fit SP ships p well a while ago.

You know the one.

About spec mod modifiers.

Hint hint nudge nudge.

Forwarded long time ago :stuck_out_tongue: