Questions to the developers of Star Conflict Summer 2016

Dear conquerors of the Star Conflict Universe!

This topic is designed to collect and organize the players’ questions towards the developers as well as their answers. In order to provide a better overview and easier search, this topics’ priority will be focused on game related content in this summer (June, July, August).

Answers are usually given daily on weekdays. Developers will read all questions, but questions which are not clearly defined, which are obviously stupid, which are lying on the “surface”, or which violate the rules of the forum, will be ignored and deleted.

How to ask questions:
Formulate your questions as clear as possible. Try to ask only important questions. Use the search function before asking any questions, some questions may have already been answered.

The following rules apply to this thread:
1. Posts that do not contain any game related questions will be deleted.
2. This thread is not for suggestions. Any suggestion posted in this thread will be deleted.
3. Any discussion in this subject will be considered as flame and offtopic and will be punished appropriately.
4. The questions are asked towards the game developers and therefore only they can respond.

Does the Reaper’s Tractor Beam also deal damage to Destroyers’ active modules? I noticed during a tournament game last week that my Reaper managed to wipe out the active modules of a Destroyer in the middle of its Tractor Beam pull.

In its right time:

1. Will the reason of the alliance between cybers and aliens be revealed?

2. Will the precursors be revealed? (who they are, whats their history, whats the purpose/function of their structures)

3. Will we get more information about Aliens? (similar than question 2: who they are, where they come from, whats their purpose/objectives)

4. Is the plot going to deepen the Revenants/Miss Summer participation?

What ship will be able to use the new alien weapon? I hope fighters.

i guess there will be new weapon for each ship :))

Are you aware that squads are too rare in this game because of long queues? Do you think this somehow affects amount of players overall? Are you going to do anything about that? I’m here in forum now but with my friends I play other games… We can’t get into battle in a squad, so why waste time trying?

What ship will be able to use the new alien weapon? I hope fighters.

And will they have a new look(alien-like)?

-On a rough scale (1-10 I guess?), how big is the autumn update?

-Will there be anything done to resolve the drop rate issues in the trophy search loot pool?

-Will there be any more standard ships other than destroyers?

-Will corporations ever have a physical presence in the sectors they own?

Are randomly acquired ship parts from loot search actually parts? I have had over a dozen games where I’ve gotten a “Reaper Part” as loot, but the number of reaper parts I have (14) has never changed. Are the parts from loot search actual parts and have a bug blocking them from inventory, or are they some other item I don’t know about? 

Also, will the “Star Marathon” event ever let us pick the same ship 2 times in a row? I only want reaper parts so its annoying to only be able to get them every other time.

What is the content of yesterday’s ~6mb micropatch?

I have a question about dreadnoughts, Jericho dreadnought and his shield emitter, we were playing dreadnought battle, we have Nemesis (Jericho dreadnought full T4) and we were playing against T3 Maelstorm (Empire), Jericho is for Shiel regeneration, and T3 dreadnought did lot of damage against T4 dreadnought because our Shields were regenerating so slow, did you nerf them, did you nerf his shield regeneration or what? Or is it bug? Becuse Jericho has to withstand enemy attacks longer with improved shield regeneration, and it has to block it, but one hit by this T3 dreadnought took down whole shield and our shields did not regenerate fast enough to block upcoming attack. I´d like to know why becuase T3 dreadnought can´t do that much damage to T4 dreadnought. Would you like to answer my question ASAP please?

Regards, is planned to expand the crafting of pieces of ships? Also if this plan to expand the type of loot ?

All this leads me to the final question … an auction to sell will introduce us to manufacture parts or materials left over ? A greeting. :012j: 

Would it be possible to release pictures of the rank 14 Destroyer models? From what I’ve seen of the contest to make them the entries don’t get to decide the ship’s appearance, just its name and stats.

Can we still get the dev related medals?
When do the devs play usually?
Will the newer achievements be on steam?

Thank you.

will you give us 1 more day for broker task? (i only need 1 more life container to get the new gun)

edit: nvm we still get them :slight_smile:

When the broker quests end, how are we going to get live crystals?

On 18.06.2016 at 7:17 PM, Sargant said:

Regards, is planned to expand the crafting of pieces of ships? Also if this plan to expand the type of loot ?

All this leads me to the final question … an auction to sell will introduce us to manufacture parts or materials left over ? A greeting. ![:012j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/012j.png “:012j:”) 

Yes we have such plans, new resource, live crystalls, is already here. In the future it can be gathered not only in broker missions. No plans for aucton right now.

On 19.06.2016 at 3:31 AM, Incarceron said:

Would it be possible to release pictures of the rank 14 Destroyer models? From what I’ve seen of the contest to make them the entries don’t get to decide the ship’s appearance, just its name and stats.

When they’ll be ready we will release Developers blog about them first. Some designs will be there ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) 

On 19.06.2016 at 4:00 PM, JaVi said:

Can we still get the dev related medals?
When do the devs play usually?
Will the newer achievements be on steam?

Thank you.

Most of the devs usually flying on T3 or T5 on working hours) It’s from 10:00 till 19:00 msk (GMT+3). New achievments on Steam will be ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

On 20.06.2016 at 9:32 PM, ShonFrost said:

When the broker quests end, how are we going to get live crystals?

Live crystalls will be important part of the game in the future. There will be the way to get them not only in missions.

Is it true, that the new(second phase) alien weapon will deal kinetic damage?
Will you implement that we can destroy the balls in biomorphs/alien ships like we can do it with destroyer modules?

First off, I want to say I am so happy with the new updates.  Having squads again is amazing, having these que times also makes me so happy. Increasing the time in battles makes me elated.  You really have been listening to your dedicated NA + EU fan base.  And I for one really appreciate it.

Since open-space has been propagated to North American servers, I have noticed a drastic decrease in solo and squad PVP games in North America.  Will this get addressed ?  Are you looking to add more compute from Softlayer in your Dallas site nodes?  or turn back up your Houston site nodes ?

I have also experienced creating custom battles I do not get a single US game even though it has been specifically selected.

Second last,  I have noticed that node03sl-us.star-conflict.com no longer responds leaving only node01 and node4 active in NA.  Is there a plan to increase availablity to NA PVP games specifically in NA game prime times ? 

Oh yeah - Lastly, (I ask this every time)Is a more diverse selection of missiles for fighters planned any time in the future.  There are many new weapons but some new missiles would be great.  As always some dumb fire missiles are the best.

thanks AdamWest.  - Keep up the awesome work !!!

What is the count for each suppressor that players have manufactured? Invincible, Procyon, Archon, Brave, Antares and Sibyl.

What logs or other info do I extract and include for a bug report on a frames per second issue and audio crackle?