[PvP] Detonation

Engine Overcharge does not drop the EMP Bomb, same with overdrive, even when used together Hence why gunships are the new cammo

For me this mode is very fun to play, but win condition if not all stations are detonated is not fair. Situation from today match - my team and enemy team had one station left. My team had overall 10 more kills than enemy kills, timer was near to end. Enemy team captured two bombs and camped near their station and won the game because they “captured more bombs”. I think amount of kills should be more important here.

eh? i believe captured more bombs are not counted anymore. it now goes into draw… or did the patch change it back coz it’s highly exploitable "P

It’s real, bad i didn’t make a screen of it.

Picking up more bombs is still in it, yes. Seems pretty ridiculous sometimes.

I miss the camo-bombs. Would have been enough to delay the bomb effect until camo was off, and make you lose the bomb if you get hit while camoed.

eh? i believe captured more bombs are not counted anymore. it now goes into draw… or did the patch change it back coz it’s highly exploitable "P

Definitely still in. I don’t like it as it’s not a clearly visible objective - whereas kills are.

Personally I’d rather just see a game draw and only count planted bombs, though. Give people a reason to go balls deep rather than all sit back and shoot at each other from a distance just to preserve a win when things are looking to be fairly even.

1. Make sure your station count is same or higher

2. Gather both bombs.

3. Let ECMs play Hacky-Sack with the bomb at edge of map

4. ???

5. PROFIT!!

I am actually glad tho, I did not witness people exploiting this yet. Even if there were games where “both bombs disappeared” somewhere for some minutes and I feared for the worst.

some kind soul explained it to me in-game whilst holding both bombs no less. apparently ‘picked up more bombs’ means how many EMPs the teams are holding on to at the time when timer runs out

if one each then the game ends as a draw (assuming equal number of stations left)

if a team is holding on to 1 or both whilst the other team has none then your team wins

hence the EMP hogging back at base.

the points farming apparently is a ‘side-effect’ of getting bored while running the timer down (any sort of camo / cloak / reboot / stun does the job)

I have to watch out for this, because it didn’t seem so last time we lost because of this; as I remember we had both bombs, but of course, memory is fading after hitting the 30s.

Holding both bombs when you’re even on stations definitely wins the game, at the moment.

Holding both bombs when you’re even on stations definitely wins the game, at the moment.

Yes, g4borg must remember incorrectly, or encountered a bug.

I have seen all scenarios, and I assume no patch has changed these in a while: When any amount of beacons destroyed and the teams are still tied in beacons, then, when the time runs out:

• one team carries both bombs => wins

• one team carries a bomb, other bomb is not picked => team with bomb wins

• both teams have no bomb => draw

• both teams have one bomb => draw

And the most annoying one, where I was the unlucky carrier trying to hide:

• both teams carry 1 bomb, but the other team’s bomb carrier is killed just before time hits 0:00 => team with bomb wins, as the other bomb is floating unpicked, with some pieces of destroyed ships metal trash floating near it.

I didn’t take time to read all sugestions but here is mine :

The player having the bomb should be given a certain amount of time to place it or die (ex : 1 minute max / 45secs)

_ this would prevent the person who is having the bomb to camp with it from beginning till end of game. _

Regards.

yes this is a very good idea hash3 !!

so they will stop camping with the bomb in there base…

i think 1 min is long enough, but i think it should do a lot of environment damage to be sure that nobody will camp again

One minute? No, maybe two, and it’s reset to the drop point, or a random unoccupied area.  Also factor in distance from the nearest enemy station.  If you’re hovering near your station, you’re slowing down the game and ignoring the mission.  If you’re just 1000m from the enemy station, you don’t want to loose it because you were slow.  People shouldn’t die while waiting for reenforcements to clear out a station, or die because they’re in a slow frigate.  Frigates kill bomb carriers, and can’t always get away from the new bomb.  Since they were closest to the kill, they get it.  A tactic I see often is just slowly circling the outside of the map to get to an empty station.  Most people ignore them, and it can be an easier win.  I do feel it’s justified, they’re planting andnot holding, but it’s slow.

disagree with the time bomb… if you cannot kill it, you cannot take it (i mean the bomb). your team is allowed to use the same technique.

I didn’t take time to read all sugestions but here is mine :

The player having the bomb should be given a certain amount of time to place it or die (ex : 1 minute max / 45secs)

_ this would prevent the person who is having the bomb to camp with it from beginning till end of game. _

Regards.

How about NO? Planting the bomb is hard enough as it is. You do not want to put a timer on the bomb that runs out just before the carrier reaches the station. That is madness.

There is a time for speeding towards a beacon in a straight line, and there is one for taking it back towards your team and wait.