[PvP] Detonation

Game mode information:

• Each team spawns on one side of the battlefield
  • Each team has 3 stations on their side
  • At the beginning a neutral EM-bomb is located in the middle of the battlefield. Max. amount of bombs on the battlefield: 2
  • You need to destroy enemy stations using the bombs
  • Shooting a station won’t damage it
  • In order to pick up a bomb, you need to fly close to it, within 300 metres
  • In order to plant a bomb on an enemy station you need to fly close to the station while carrying the bomb
  • While carrying the bomb, your ship speed and afterburner speed will be reduced
  • Using modules that make you invincible or invisible for a certain time or warp your ship to another location will make the bomb drop
  • Unlimited respawn

Station:

post-12279-0-85010500-1401017465.jpg

Bomb:

post-12279-0-00205400-1401017464.jpg

Winning conditions:

• Destroy all enemy stations.
  • If the time runs out, the team which destroyed the most stations wins. If both teams have the same amount of stations remaining, the team with more kills wins the battle.

The one map this is on I’d like a check if the asteroid placement is balanced for both sides.  

BUG : When in the Hercules II or the Demois I, you can activate your ship’s overdrive without losing the bomb.

Put numbers on the bombs. That way when I say “take bomb 2” people will know which one I am talking about.

Generally when how I feel when someone has the bomb:

35728040.jpg

I love how there’s always that ONE interceptor who flies to the bomb the fastest, and then dies 15 seconds later to concentrated fire.

http://youtu.be/XTEHUmFevBo

I really dislike this mode since too many who don’t want to play it will camp in frigates, team with more generally loses unless you bring a squad with you. Also warp gates in this mode stink, had an allied frigate beat me to the bomb only to give it to the enemy (obviously since he was in a frigate)

So this just happened.

Last becon for both sides

Guy planted bomb.

We lost because we carried fewer bombs. 

Count bomb plantings as bomb ownership. If not count it as a kill because its pretty much unstoppable. 

So this just happened.

Last becon for both sides

Guy planted bomb.

We lost because we carried fewer bombs. 

Count bomb plantings as bomb ownership. If not count it as a kill because its pretty much unstoppable. 

Are you sure it wasn’t because they had more kills than you?

Are you sure it wasn’t because they had more kills than you?

Nope, because detonation counts victory as whoever has the most sat kills, then which side is carrying the most bombs. We were at least 32 to 25 that round. 

If this will not work, the Team with more Bomb pick ups will win.

I love how there’s always that ONE interceptor who flies to the bomb the fastest, and then dies 15 seconds later to concentrated fire.

I actually do this intentionally.

Usually I live just long enough to make my new spawn coincide with the 2nd bomb spawn. Depending on how well I managed to draw the enemy away from the center before dying in a glorious ball of fire, I then have a peaceful trip to the enemy station that is in the opposite direction.

If this will not work, the Team with more Bomb pick ups will win.

Ok so this is what happened: 2 stations down on each side, 10 seconds to the end. Score displayed 36:28 for our team. I tell my team to defend, one of our team have the bomb and one of opposite team also have the bomb. Time runs out - we loose. Worth mentioning that sum of all efficiency points as well as highest efficiency score was also in our team’s favour. 

Question: what is the score displayed next to the amount of beams icons? If it’s number of bomb pick-ups - why we loose? If kills - why it’s even displayed if it supposed to be  completely irrelevant in this mode?

Players need a way to drop the bomb, or choose not to pick up the bomb, when their ship isn’t agile enough to move out of range.

Players need a way to drop the bomb, or choose not to pick up the bomb, when their ship isn’t agile enough to move out of range.

Yes this. I’d get it on my Frigate on occasion and that just screws the team. 

I reall dont understand how it works to get the bomb.

My alliy die, I’m a interceptor really near to him. I didn’t get the bomb … how ? How is that even possible ?

Many time no one understand why this ship instead of another get the bomb. It seems to be completely random.

I’m gonna hate this game mode just for that, and camp far behind because when same-level players fight together for the bomb, no skill is needed to get it.

How can we lose the bomb ?

So many times I get the bomb, and someone, somehow, anyway, I lose it.

How is that possible ?

Yeah we need a key to drop the bomb.

How can we lose the bomb ?

So many times I get the bomb, and someone, somehow, anyway, I lose it.

How is that possible ?

If you go into stealth mode or use microwarp you will lose the bomb.

Just had my first Draw in this mode. That was a pretty great game.