[PvP] Detonation

If you go into stealth mode or use microwarp you will lose the bomb.

I know that.

That’s why I ask : How can we lose the bomb ? :smiley:

I think about a bug, cause sometimes it happend without any warp or stealth.

One minor change that needs to happen is that the icons pointing to the stations and to the bombs need to be made much bigger so that they don’t get lost in the HUD clutter.

This game mode was fun at first, but by now it always makes me sigh when it comes up. People are too fuckign stupid to do proper teamwork and you’re either the only one defending a beacon or the only one trying to get the bomb to one, while the others fly around doing xxxx if I know…

This mode was fun before adaptive camo, now its just a gamble, if I see adaptive camo on enemy team I just minimize the game and come back 5-10 mins later…

adaptive camo w/bomb needs to go

Yep, whilst (potentially) far more realistic, 20 seconds is enough time to get from one side of the field to the other with the bomb and unless you’re right behind them when Adaptive Camo is triggered, it is almost impossible to find them (and then you still have to keep track of them)

Upon using the special Skills of your Ship like: Warp,Cloak or Tachyon Cocon, you will lose the Bomb and it can be taken by the Enemy!

Well stealth seems to be the I-WIN button of choice for this one, since the ship changes.  To bad Jericho doesn’t have the option of being able to counter it unless you Grind the Empire or Federation Faction Ranks required to unlock the necessary ships.

Yes you can counter it… if you have a recon Interceptor that has the required abilities for it.

Way to go Devs for releasing a game breaking ability and a week later still haven’t fixed it.

My squad mates and I have just started Boycotting the Detonation matches.  Taking the Option to Leave Battle when ever we get a match until they fix it. 

Saves us a steadily worsening Win/Loss Ratio and repair bill.

/edit- Contained incorrect Data and those damn typos…

Is there one corps which don’t use this xxxx covert ops in detonation ?

RED, ESB, 420, NASA, which one of you are so no.ob and so lame that they can’t play properly ?

We are in beta, and you still trying to win using poor tactic ?

Shame on you dudes. Some of you are good players, but you are actually ruining it playing in that way.

You’ll never see a FROG using this exploit. And I hope the dev will fix it soon.

Is there one corps which don’t use this xxxx covert ops in detonation ?

RED, ESB, 420, NASA, which one of you are so no.ob and so lame that they can’t play properly ?

We are in beta, and you still trying to win using poor tactic ?

Shame on you dudes. Some of you are good players, but you are actually ruining it playing in that way.

You’ll never see a FROG using this exploit. And I hope the dev will fix it soon.

This game mode with the adaptive camo is so lame and annoying.

I admit that me and probably also some corpies(420) abused and used it, it was fun the first few days but now its just plain simple easy n0ob mode.

Cause of this I always try to counter them with a recon ship, sometimes with succes and sometimes not.

So yeah lets get this fixed.

that mode is just a xxxx mode

That bug happened to me right now … I was in my Dvergr and had the bomb, dodged enemy fire and went straight for the enemy beacon and when I reached it with my wrist hurting from all the dodging … the bomb was gone! I did use neither Microwarp drive nor anything else except shield / armor repair and my afterburners … can anybody explain that to me? It seemed like the bomb just “slipped” out of my grip while dodging … and ME NOT LIKE :angry:

Emergency shield most likely, it pops on sometimes and you never even realize it.

Is this an active / passive module? 'cause I don’t use it :slight_smile:

Its a passive module… it stops interceptors from being one shotted… If you dont have it and you pick interceptor as captain in a recon match, your team will hate you.

I think, it is not clear to the taken up bomb seems are your ship’s upper left side and when you dropped it is disappear. Maybe it would be best to write screen “You taken up EMP bomb” and “You dropped EMP bomb, you have 3 sec to detonation”, or anything else.

if I was not clear enough and I have a lot of mistakes, I’m so sorry, but I rarely use English and have forgotten a lot.

When you pick up the bomb it prints “You have the EMP Bomb!” on your screen, makes a distinctive “shoooooom” noise, credits you with 150 points with the text “Picked up the bomb”, gives you a buff icon to indicate you’re carrying it, and your ship has a big bomb floating behind it. I don’t really know how it could be more obvious…

When you plant the bomb the station starts making an alarming klaxon noise, so that’s pretty clear too.

What isn’t particularly obvious is when you drop it for a reason other than planting it.

What isn’t particularly obvious is when you drop it for a reason other than planting it.

Only times I drop it is when I die… and the big explosion and being put back to the ship selection screen, tells me pretty clearly why I dropped the bomb. :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

I Know what your saying though. The only other things that cause you to drop the bomb that im aware of are:

1. Warpgate

2. Microwarp

3. Tachyon Cacoon

4. Combat Reboot (Unsure if this causes you to drop the bomb)

5. Adaptive Camo

6. Cloak (Tackler)

7. Cloak (Recon)

8, Emergency Barrier ((Missed this, thanks ArqueiroX))

1. Death 
  1. Emergency barrier

I wish this game mode had never come back. I have actually had games where I saw “Detonation” and I quit the game there and then. I hate it that much.

combat reboot drops it.

i’m not sure if engine overcharge does

command grav scanner aura buff does not drop it