PVE 3 map missions

In my opinion, the maps that have 3 sequences should give more synergy than the ones that don’t. These maps should also make you use all 3 out of the 4 ships in your line up as to not exploit the increased synergy. 

P.S. the increased synergy is mainly for when you use different ships on those maps that have 3 rounds so each ship can still get a far amount of synergy while the single round map will give more synergy to the one ship since you can only use one on it.

What if I want to only level up one of my ships, but keep the others as backup (you know, for when you can’t trust your team)

What if I want to only level up one of my ships, but keep the others as backup (you know, for when you can’t trust your team)

they could also add more one round missions like one just for cap, and one just for defense. as it stands or from what I’ve already played through there are 2 missions that are one round, and 6 missions that are 3 rounds. I haven’t played on the 2 last PVE missions so i don’t know if those missions are 1 or 3 round.

playing different ships on the 3 rounds give variety and since it would have increased synergy it will stop people from exploiting how it will give more synergy than the single round map. you want to level one ship? no problem play on the single round maps (having all possible modes for the single round maps). it is just my opinion. multi tier maps should have you use different ships per different objectives ex: on capture dreadnought map 1 round is cap so interceptors are great here, second round is destroy points interceptors are bad here because of the lack of damage and survivability so fighters and frigs are great here, and third round which is to destroy the main guns fighters and frigs are always best here). so one could use an interceptor, fighter, frigate loadout.

P.S. destroyers are in a class of their own so i havent listed them.

only problem i see is that fire support grants too many rewards in relation to the time and skills required to complete it. The consecuence of this is that the mostly played map in PVE is fire support by a long shot, killing variety and making this game mode much more monotonous/boring. Maps with 3 stages are fine with their rewards and should not favour (in matters of synergy rewards) picking a different ship for each stage; its not logical and forces players to do things they dont necessarily want. I usually go to PVE with only 1 ship: cause i want to fly that specific ship, cause im leveling that ship only (would you level 10 ships at the same time? you would take much longer to increase your fleet strenght that way), cause im trying a specific build on a specific ship, cause its the ship i can farm with max efficiency (lets say its the only T5 prem ship i have) or because im lazy to fit other ships (and apropiate implants) as i have to do it for PVP.

only problem i see is that fire support grants too many rewards in relation to the time and skills required to complete it. The consecuence of this is that the mostly played map in PVE is fire support by a long shot, killing variety and making this game mode much more monotonous/boring. Maps with 3 stages are fine with their rewards and should not favour (in matters of synergy rewards) picking a different ship for each stage; its not logical and forces players to do things they dont necessarily want. I usually go to PVE with only 1 ship: cause i want to fly that specific ship, cause im leveling that ship only (would you level 10 ships at the same time? you would take much longer to increase your fleet strenght that way), cause im trying a specific build on a specific ship, cause its the ship i can farm with max efficiency (lets say its the only T5 prem ship i have) or because im lazy to fit other ships (and apropiate implants) as i have to do it for PVP.

nothing i have said here takes away from variety. the amount of reward you get from 3 round matches is the exact reason fire support IS popular. if you run 3 different ships you get the same synergy in the equivalent of running one ship but it is shared between ship contribution which already causes people to only play one ship. no one should be penalized because they want to use more than one ship on a map that gives them the option of using different ships (im not asking each ship recieve the same amount of synergy as if playing one ship but it not even half of that right now).

like i stated above if people have any issues with not being able to access specific game modes because of being forced into 3/4 ships (remember there are a few PVP maps that make it so if you dont have more than 1 ship you dont respawn so the mechanic is already in place) you will still be able to play the one ship maps that have capture and defense etc. on them. for the 3 round maps you will still be able to chose the ship type but you will not be able to use the same ship slot progressing through rounds. time and effort vs reward and here fire support wins out too much. one ship maps are supposed to be quick plays imo and should not reward you better than 3 round maps that actually take more time and effort to complete since the price of failure is greater.

nothing i have said here takes away from variety. the amount of reward you get from 3 round matches is the exact reason fire support IS popular. if you run 3 different ships you get the same synergy in the equivalent of running one ship but it is shared between ship contribution which already causes people to only play one ship. no one should be penalized because they want to use more than one ship on a map that gives them the option of using different ships (im not asking each ship recieve the same amount of synergy as if playing one ship but it not even half of that right now).

like i stated above if people have any issues with not being able to access specific game modes because of being forced into 3/4 ships (remember there are a few PVP maps that make it so if you dont have more than 1 ship you dont respawn so the mechanic is already in place) you will still be able to play the one ship maps that have capture and defense etc. on them. for the 3 round maps you will still be able to chose the ship type but you will not be able to use the same ship slot progressing through rounds. time and effort vs reward and here fire support wins out too much. one ship maps are supposed to be quick plays imo and should not reward you better than 3 round maps that actually take more time and effort to complete since the price of failure is greater.

You are not seing the point; people dont care if its 1 or 10 rounds, they care about time. Since fire support allows faster completion time for a nice amount of synergy, it wins. A lot of people used to play T2-3 PVE captured dreadnought with T5 ships (when it was available) because they could complete it so fast, that they had better synergy/credit income per minute (compared to T4-5 captured dreadnought map). If they can complete a map of 3 rounds faster than one of 1 round, they will go for the 3 rounds one if rewards are worth it (take into account that fire support grants an extra loot atempt unlike all the other maps but defense contract).

"no one should be penalized because they want to use more than one ship on a map that gives them the option of using different ships" (Valkyriewiz). Theres no penalization, just a fair split according to the ships you fly: fly 3 ships, get 1/3 of total synergy on each (3/3 = 100% total). If you get more than 1/3 per ship (while flying 3 ships) you are actually getting a bonus. If you want to use more than one ship, accept that the sinergy will be splitted between those ships because you are flying each one of them less than if you would only fly one ship instead. If you add a bonus for flying multiple ships, then you are in some way forcing players, penalizing players who fly 1 ship.

"for the 3 round maps you will still be able to chose the ship type but you will not be able to use the same ship slot progressing through rounds" (Valkyriewiz). Now you are penalizing, forcing and preventing players from playing what they want. The reason why “Capture the beacons” mode is only for T4 PVP is because its too rough for new players and the 3-4 ships demand in the ship slots is a way to force players to spend much more time flying ships (which should translate on more experienced pilots…therefore more competent for PVP). PVE is not like this and should not. If this rule is applied, fire support will be way more popular than all the other maps (i really doubt players will play 3 round games that way). This also kills random queue.

"time and effort vs reward and here fire support wins out too much." (Valkyriewiz). You finally see the reason why fire support is mostly prefered.

"one ship maps are supposed to be quick plays imo and should not reward you better than 3 round maps that actually take more time and effort to complete since the price of failure is greater (Valkyriewiz). Im afraid you are wrong here: For a long time in SC, maps had different completion times and rewards according to that. After implementing a centralized queue system (1 map available to be queued for 1 hour, unless you go for custom game) times, effort and rewards got homogenised, meaning that no matter the map you play, you would took the same time and get the same reward with a similar success chance. That worked very well untill defense contract and fire support got included in the game: those 2 maps DONT respect the same time, effort and reward that the rest of the maps share. Theres the problem, it has nothing to do with 1 or 3 rounds maps. BTW: 3 round maps allows you to have a chance of a free respawn twice, in single round maps if a player dies and has no duplicators/dont want to use one is a lost player for the rest of the game.

~snip~

so you are saying if i want to lvl a ship i have to play just that one ship even if that ship is terrible for the other 2 rounds? sorry no. they do give some options in this case since i got premium and DLC ships i can off set the synery missing by way of free synergy (problem? i had to buy this solution) im not the kind of player that uses a ship that is terrible for the situation presented just because i want to lvl a ship. this is how missions fail sometimes. a person using an interceptor on blackwood at the round with the boss, its terribly inefficient.

human beings will always travel the path of least resistance which is why people will take ships not fit for missions like fire support just on the fact that it can be done in 4 min or less and grants 1 extra loot and full synergy since you only use 1 ship. i never disagreed with fire support being popular in the first place so we are of like mind there.

the issue is partially resolved by throwing money at it. such is the nature of the beast.

so you are saying if i want to lvl a ship i have to play just that one ship even if that ship is terrible for the other 2 rounds? sorry no. they do give some options in this case since i got premium and DLC ships i can off set the synery missing by way of free synergy (problem? i had to buy this solution) im not the kind of player that uses a ship that is terrible for the situation presented just because i want to lvl a ship. this is how missions fail sometimes. a person using an interceptor on blackwood at the round with the boss, its terribly inefficient.

human beings will always travel the path of least resistance which is why people will take ships not fit for missions like fire support just on the fact that it can be done in 4 min or less and grants 1 extra loot and full synergy since you only use 1 ship. i never disagreed with fire support being popular in the first place so we are of like mind there.

the issue is partially resolved by throwing money at it. such is the nature of the beast.

Mate, if you want to lvl a ship SC offers 3 ways to do it: 1) fly the ship, 2) fly another ship to get free synergy and/or 3) buy bundles. If you are only going for option 1, then you can either: 1) dont have the required skills, be a douche and fly that ship that you arent good enough in and be a weight for the team to carry; 2) Forget about your lvling needs and pick a good ship for you and your team for the greater good; 3) take a premium ship; 4) take another ship that you also need to lvl and works better for you and the map; 5) have the required skills to fly the ship you are leveling and be helpfull to the team (yes, even interceptors are good for PVE if you are up to the challenge. Skill requirements scale a lot, but its possible, specially if you know some tricks); 6) fly that ship in PVP or coop vs ai (or do OS missions)…all roles are great in the proper situation. No one forces you to pick one ship (as no one should force you to bring 3 ships), people should be smart enough to know when to use the ship they want to lvl and when to use another if they are not up to the task. Or we could be solidary people and help those players who need to lvl those ships and cant pull it on their own.

From my experience PVE missions fail because players are pretty bad. Ive seen countles times a composition of great ships to acomplish the mission and fail hard. PVE missions are easy, you just need the skilled-enough players (i wouldve sayed the ships before, but not now).

Anyways an interceptor is gonna be more usefull in any “3 round” map than fire support.

pVDVlXk.pngIve leveled most of my interceptors (the ones ive flied) in PVE, altho i barely use them since my ping sucks as you can see in that SS. Cov ops are the best for PVE, but you can do it with other ships as well…as long as your team is decent. If not, you can even take agro and lure them around the map while your team completes objetives…Being honest, this problem would be solved if all players were good (except for map variation).