Pilgrim requires 10,000 standards to build currently

During the animation for sitting down, your ship can’t move can’t shoot but that is okay, because the outer shield dome is up the instant you press the button. So unless you purposefully land on top of an enemy, you are pretty much safe during landing.

During take-off is another matter, you still can’t shoot can’t move, and the outer dome is gone before your take-off animation begins. At this point there are probably tonnes of enemies shooting at you from outside and inside.

Result: another smoking husk careening into outer space

For Open Space, it is a bit… dubious.

Most enemies can never break the shield, meaning that once you successfully touched down, you are pretty much invincible, even the Predator horde in Sanctuary had a hard time breaking through the shield…

…until they decide to go full out melee with you. 

Open Space enemies are very fond of ramming. Or to be more precise, they prefer combat within 1000m but their limited AI brain do not know how to keep that distance. What they end up doing most of the time, is ram into your ship, using that to brake their speed.

This is not a big problem with Predators and Hunters (FYI, it seems their drone cannot ram you out of landing, but I have limited experience) or most of the fighter/frigate size enemies.

But the smaller enemies, interceptors and some fighters, drive as if they are drunk (or have 400 ping like me)

Be wary of collisions

What would have been great (perhaps OP) is to have a active module/ship modifier that pushes all enemies within 200m back upon activation or reaching critical health.

But the design is finalised, this is just my wistful thinking :stuck_out_tongue:

Could you write within one comment please.

Basically Pilgrim can be countered by anything from ramming to ecm-ish modules and weapons like gthardu or black hole that have a pull effect or push effect also cancel the parking brake. Also the dome once gone cancels everything as well.

In short, max out volume to be able to use the regen better and strap as many shield resist actives as you can. As for playstyle i use a strafe build hovering close to something so im always ready to repair shields and thats about it. Its really fun in pve and OS, in pvp the meta approach is viable on mid range. That pretty much sums up the whole experience.

2 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Could you write within one comment please.

Feel free to delete my comments then

Seems just like a regular (albeit SUPER expensive) command really.

The parking module really only protects you from newbie builds, and can be disrupted by nearly anything. The cloaking missile seems like a double edged sword, and doesn’t last super long, and the shield thingy is just a rounded beast protocol.

The ship itself doesn’t really seem that incredibly overpowered that I’ve seen, but it does seem really fun in PvE/OS.

Pretty much, from what i’ve seen the ship is just a fresh mechanic with some instances of already popular mechanics. Fun against NPC’s but far from roflstomping pvp games. 

Thanatos is not made for direct killing. You just poke with it and expect your teammates to finish the job quickly.

The Camouflage Shroud is just hilarious and annoying. You can ruin a Detonation or Beacon Hunt mode with this little thing. You can also use it as a defensive tool with the landing module. (Ennemies are red when your cursor is on them while being in the Shroud)

Emergency Landing is fun as hell but don’t try to use the R9-3 Crew with it. Collision is the worst nightmare of this ship for some reason :confused: (Don’t expect me to be a reliable source for Flying Fighters)

And don’t try to fire missiles while being Landed. I Doomsday’ed myself more than once.

31 minutes ago, Rakza said:

Thanatos is not made for direct killing. You just poke with it and expect your teammates to finish the job quickly.

The Camouflage Shroud is just hilarious and annoying. You can ruin a Detonation or Beacon Hunt mode with this little thing. You can also use it as a defensive tool with the landing module. (Ennemies are red when your cursor is on them while being in the Shroud)

Emergency Landing is fun as hell but don’t try to use the R9-3 Crew with it. Collision is the worst nightmare of this ship for some reason :confused: (Don’t expect me to be a reliable source for Flying Fighters)

And don’t try to fire missiles while being Landed. I Doomsday’ed myself more than once.

Good advice.

Tho it seems like missiles should be launched from the top lmao.

And collision stuff also seems like it needs some work.

I am a bit dissapointed tbh. Seems like this is the least powerful r15+ ship so far.

But this might be a good thing, since it is also the most balanced r15+. And it has no stupid high dps or autoaim, so I actually appreciate that.

Im sure you will find a way to play your beloved shield faction :stuck_out_tongue:

2 hours ago, Scar6 said:

Seems like this is the least powerful r15+ ship so far.

“it’s not OP so I don’t like it”

11 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

Im sure you will find a way to play your beloved shield faction :stuck_out_tongue:

23 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

“it’s not OP so I don’t like it”

It’s not completly fine either. 

Also just wanted to add since I’ve seen this on more than one occasion in public PvP - the cloaking misty… thing seems to be more of a troll tool than actual assistance to your team since I’ve seen it used on beacons stopping the Pilgrim’s own team from capping and on top of bomb runners to force them to drop the bomb. I haven’t actually seen it save someone even once yet.

5 hours ago, Rakza said:

It’s not completly fine either. 

Yeah judging by the look of it so far its landing mechanic needs some serious help, and it’s missile launch area needs to be changed. Maybe a little shield stuff changed but idk yet really.

If it was only an “Emergency Landing” Problem…

Thanatos is far from being a correct weapon, and if the effect looks powerful on Paper, you rely too much on allies to triggers it.

Safety speed boost is weird for a Jericho ship with only 2 shield slots.

Emergency Landing is just a big red target on your ship if you don’t shroud at the same time.

15 minutes ago, Rakza said:

If it was only an “Emergency Landing” Problem…

Thanatos is far from being a correct weapon, and if the effect looks powerful on Paper, you rely too much on allies to triggers it.

Safety speed boost is weird for a Jericho ship with only 2 shield slots.

Emergency Landing is just a big red target on your ship if you don’t shroud at the same time.

Like i said, its a meta at best if u manage to get it to work, otherwise just a new command ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

11 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

Like i said, its a meta at best if u manage to get it to work, otherwise just a new command 

And Playing it “Meta” is exactly what shouldn’t be done with it.

When you design a ship like Xizor’s Star Viper Virago, I DEMAND FIREPOWER!

Meh, i like my baguette with some meta spices xD

9 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Like i said, its a meta at best if u manage to get it to work, otherwise just a new command ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

I found it an awesome PvE troll ship. For defence contract - kill demomen to trigger chain reaction to destroy turtles and then shroud blocks the cruiser from firing. 

No - seriously - if anyone is saying that this ship is OP… But trolling value - priceless ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) 

Oh - and EXPLOSSSIONS!