Pilgrim requires 10,000 standards to build currently

22 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

Did you guys see the stream today on steam about pilgrim?

TEST DRIVE TEST DRIVE TEST DRIVE  ![:007_3:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_3.png “:007_3:”)

2 minutes ago, Deliberator said:

TEST DRIVE TEST DRIVE TEST DRIVE  ![:007_3:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_3.png “:007_3:”)

Ill get to it :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait, what stream? I’d like to take a look at it.

I was testing out the steam stream option, really simple to use but i think it doesnt record for the time being the streams you do. 

share a link or make a topic about it at least 1 day before so we can be ready for it Orca-san :’( 

I wasnt sure about the release date so pardon me for that part.

Best to wait for the normal craftable release :stuck_out_tongue:

I am just bored or of my mind, plus I don’t have enough credits to spend. Since this is a ship I’ve wanted since they announced the R16/17s are coming, and I have the means to procure it, I thought “why the heck not”

when does the early access end?

6 minutes ago, MathModelSim said:

when does the early access end?

“Mid December”

More info

While in the landing animation, it is best not to move your mouse. It is quite whimsical, sometimes if you move your mouse around to fast, it detaches you from the object you’ve landed on.

As for new weapon Thanatos, so far it seems like a higher fire rate lower damage-per-hit assault railgun. With the added bonus of explosion on death.

Damage itself is okay, purple version is around 3000 dps. Fire rate can be insane, one Iridium Heatsink and it reaches the 600 cap. Average crit, average crit damage, fast cooldown at 4/0.5s, 4200m range at 6000m/s projectile speed (8100m/s if using the level 4 bonus)

Explosion on death is kinda useful…?

In pvp I have yet to get an explosion that hits anyone…

In pve, kinda okay. You can easily clear out the Demoman/Turtle mobs. The explosion can be triggered by any source as long as the target has been shot by you in 8 seconds.

The explosions can chain. That is, if you hit 3 targets ABC and there is another target D nearby. A dies, explosion kills B and C, D will take damage from 3 instances of explosion.

Tested out on that Defence Contract cruiser. Shooting each demoman once, lure them near to the cruiser, kill one and boom. 8-10 explosions. Though, to be honest, the damage isn’t that great even with those explosions. Demoman spawns infrequently, and often end up dead before you can plan up the explosive chain.

Damage on the gun itself is what you’d expect from the stats.

A higher fire rate, longer range, lower crit version of Assault Railgun

More extensive testing is needed

I can explain the ship in a video if that makes it easier.

Forgot to mention.

The big sentry drone (EM damage) of Tacklers can nullify the shield.

A Pilgrim sitting down will be forced back into normal mode if a heavy sentry drone lands a shot on the shield.

However, if the Pilgrim takes a shot from the sentry drone, then it can land and activate F. It will be immune to the drone’s effect for about 8 seconds (I am guessing this is the debuff timer on the drone itself). And the next shot from the heavy sentry drone will again nullify the shield.

The effect can be identified by a crackling electricity aura surrounding the ship.

No idea if this is intended. Seems weird for a movement inhibiting effect to apply to a stationary target.

2 minutes ago, Schwarzschild said:

Forgot to mention.

The big sentry drone (EM damage) of Tacklers can nullify the shield.

A Pilgrim sitting down will be forced back into normal mode if a heavy sentry drone lands a shot on the shield.

However, if the Pilgrim takes a shot from the sentry drone, then it can land and activate F. It will be immune to the drone’s effect for about 8 seconds (I am guessing this is the debuff timer on the drone itself). And the next shot from the heavy sentry drone will again nullify the shield.

The effect can be identified by a crackling electricity aura surrounding the ship.

No idea if this is intended. Seems weird for a movement inhibiting effect to apply to a stationary target.

So basically this ship is just an expensive meme by the sounds of it since it sounds like the majority of effects can force you out of landing and plasma arc covies (which is maybe 80% of covies in public btw) can shred you through the regen.

Neat.

3 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

I can explain the ship in a video if that makes it easier.

Yes, though I do feel that there are too many things to include all in a video.

Also pvp is quite different from pve and open space.

I’m just test piloting it and see what kind of weapons and modules would and would not work.

One on one, the shield is near impossible to break. ECM and Command’s missile can nullify the shield, obviously. A destroyer can, in a duel, break the shield with firepower, but it is difficult to achieve in real pvp matches.

Just now, TheDerpNukem said:

So basically this ship is just an expensive meme by the sounds of it since it sounds like the majority of effects can force you out of landing and plasma arc covies (which is maybe 80% of covies in public btw) can shred you through the regen.

Neat.

Pilgrim would be hard pressed to fend off interceptors if they are coming from above. Or if caught by surprise.

The Thanatos gun provides high projectile speed, which could be useful in fending off interceptors at range.

However, a Tackler, Recon, Cov Ops and other ships with radar or true invisibility can easily slip past the shield.

I’ve already seen landed Pilgrims get shredded by covies in public pvp though - it seems far from impossible to strip the shield and force you to run if there isn’t a waz’got covering you.

EDIT: Pressed the submit button before that last reply showed up; lemme clarify a bit more

The Pilgrims I’ve seen in random PvP that actually have  managed  to land have almost always been stripped within seconds by a cloaked covie coming under the shield and Arc’ing them whilst firing under Orion. Right now from a spectators point of view a landing Pilgrim has to worry about all the same things any normal Destroyer pilot would have to except coupled with the immense amount of debuffs that force you out of landing (which generally from what I see is the debuffs recons should be worried about).

In free space however Pilgrims seem… okay. They’re far from influential on the outcome of battles like Granite is but are capable of respectable DPS with the right builds.

3 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Neat.

From the feel of it, it seems Pilgrim is best situated at the back or midline. The landing F is ill-suited for frontline combat, unless you are super good at finding a landing spot while under heavy fire and at the same time chase away any annoying interceptor that wants to ram you.

It could, in theory, be an emergency shield regen “panic button”. If you manage to land, you instantly get back 5k shield, even if you are forced back up immediately.

Problem is, this rarely works in the heat of combat. I get soooooooo many “Module Not Ready” prompts when I try to land and regen shield. More often than not I end up dead :stuck_out_tongue:

A build I am trying now, is to get the speed boost shield.

Possible idea would be:

1) use the F at mid-to-frontline, provide fire support

1. once enemies draw near and damage you sufficiently, bail out using the speed buff

2. change location, use the invis rocket for a breathing room if necessary

I don’t know how this would work in reality, as I have yet to get the speed boost shield. But for now, this is one possible combination

9 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

I’ve already seen landed Pilgrims get shredded by covies in public pvp though - it seems far from impossible to strip the shield and force you to run if there isn’t a waz’got covering you.

Yes it is hard to strip the shield from OUTSIDE, but once inside, Pilgrim is a sitting duck.

You can technically press F again to go back into normal flight but during the animation you can’t fire weapons nor move, while still taking damage.

Emergency “Take-off” rarely works for me. I usually end up dead