New PVE map: Cruiser

I wonder what part of the cruiser after being destroyed stops demonoids (kamikaze) spawning. It would be great too if someone posts what parts of the cruiser are destroyable and what happens (like destroying engines to make cruiser go at 20ms).

I wonder what part of the cruiser after being destroyed stops demonoids (kamikaze) spawning. It would be great too if someone posts what parts of the cruiser are destroyable and what happens (like destroying engines to make cruiser go at 20ms).

Can a Cruiser really gets destroyed by parts?

If so, why are there not any lockable separate sections with health bars?

At 20% his middle parts explodes(these round thingy things) but it makes no difference you can only destroy the turrets/rocket launcher and when he is at 0% he explodes but you cahnt make him stop moving or fly slower.

Kill the turrets/launcehrs for better damage. Just send EM torps at them. Otherwise you need DPS. Heavy Blaster on LRF with all crits since you don’t need good spread to hit that thing XD. You need a coil ship to kill the hordes of plasma arcs and reactor overload bots.

Using coils you will hit 2 or 3 turrets at the same time as the main hull. Every turret destroyed also removes a percentage of health.

So far I couldn’t finish the game, since all my teams were randoms and people still don’t know how to play. But 3 LRF + 1 engineer would be more than enough to finish the scenario.

Using coils you will hit 2 or 3 turrets at the same time as the main hull. Every turret destroyed also removes a percentage of health.

So far I couldn’t finish the game, since all my teams were randoms and people still don’t know how to play. But 3 LRF + 1 engineer would be more than enough to finish the scenario.

We did it with 2lrf with heavy blaster and curved reflector(one crappy dragon with mostly mk2stuff and one complete mk4/5 Kraken) one guard(with hb) adn one engie wiht eclipse

You can actually shoot at the engine trails at the back of the cruiser to slow it down. When all four are destroyed, it goes at about 20 m/s, giving you plenty of time, even if you’re not fitted out for max DPS.

Nice thing to note: If you have a guard or two, you can get them to tank the demoman swarms by setting phase shield to thermal, using pulsar just before flying in the middle, then using emergency shield boost immediately after. Considering you get damage assists from them dying if you did any damage at all, E13 is very strong against them. Add in a ship rotation, where each ship that can, takes the demoman swarm on in turns, it’s very easy to deal with them in a matter of seconds.

You can actually shoot at the engine trails at the back of the cruiser to slow it down. When all four are destroyed, it goes at about 20 m/s, giving you plenty of time, even if you’re not fitted out for max DPS.

Nice thing to note: If you have a guard or two, you can get them to tank the demoman swarms by setting phase shield to thermal, using pulsar just before flying in the middle, then using emergency shield boost immediately after. Considering you get damage assists from them dying if you did any damage at all, E13 is very strong against them. Add in a ship rotation, where each ship that can, takes the demoman swarm on in turns, it’s very easy to deal with them in a matter of seconds.

I suspected this, but I did not try it out. How much damage must an engine take to shutdown or get damage? 1,2 or 3 EM torpedoes or more for T5 PvE?

I suspected this, but I did not try it out. How much damage must an engine take to shutdown or get damage? 1,2 or 3 EM torpedoes or more for T5 PvE?

Not even that much. Some sustained fire from main weapons is enough.

i think 10 seconds of coils is enough to take all of them when aiming to the center.

I’ve found that 1 JLRF, 2 coil-spam ELRFs, and 1 gunship are great for this mission. The JLRF can use its guided torps to take out the kamikaze waves, and the gunship and ELRFs will focus entirely on the cruiser.

It’s also a good idea for one of the ELRFs to move into position where the Cruiser will spawn in the last wave of enemies. This way he can take out the engines as soon as the Cruiser spawns.