Making tutorials, need your help.

Hello mercenaries. 

Before everything, please note that these tutorials will be made when I get my new PC. I got all parts, except the motherboard. I have no idea why the motherboard is taking long to be shipped to me. It’s on the way.

Now I plan to make tutorial videos for everything I can in Star Conflict, and I need your help with that.

And if you’re someone who makes tutorials, then good luck and keep it up. I want to make tutorials in my own way.

Anyways here’s a list of things that came in my mind. Green = Scripted. Orange = Not scripted. Red = Done.

Yes nothing is scripted yet, because I am writing scripts for another game, will get to this one soon.

1. Introduction & Registering.
  2. Garage Interface.
  3. Battle interface.
  4. Game modes.
  5. Classes.
  6. Modules.
  7. Speed run missions.
  8. Missions guide.
  9. Contracts.
  10. Equipment.

How I need your help:

• Give me ideas on tutorial video.
  • I might need help with filming the video. Not sure now, but when I get the PC and need help I’ll let you know.
  • Help me organize these videos to be in a good order for newbies.

By the way, as a thanks, I’ll put your name in the video as credits or whatever, and if you got a YT channel, I’ll put a link to it as well.

Thanks in advance, and looking forward for your help mercenaries.

Imo you should make first a video where where you show the basics of the hangar(ships & and crew(first 3ranks or so & upgrading)) and explain the basic gamepaly mechanism an the 2 T1 gamemodes. After that i dont know wich topic would be the best.

Imo you should make first a video where where you show the basics of the hangar(ships & and crew(first 3ranks or so & upgrading)) and explain the basic gamepaly mechanism an the 2 T1 gamemodes. After that i dont know wich topic would be the best.

Well in my opinion, registering is first (even though it’s the simplest thing on Earth, there’s still people who can’t find the “Sign up” button), then I’ll explain the Garage interface, then Battle interface. Hmm I’ll make game modes video after the battle interface, thank you for this.

Well in my opinion, registering is first (even though it’s the simplest thing on Earth, there’s still people who can’t find the “Sign up” button), then I’ll explain the Garage interface, then Battle interface. Hmm I’ll make game modes video after the battle interface, thank you for this.

Yeah ok i ignored the registration but this part is made in 1min. What i wanted to say with my comment you should say first the thinks that matters for T1.

Why do a tutorial on registering? It’s very straightforward, just the same as registering for anything else. Why not do an introduction to the game and where to reg instead?

I already started creating a basic tutorial where anyone can add his/her ideas. ([here](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/27936-im-a-beginner-better-read-this/)) If it can help you :wink:

I don’t see the interest of explaining interface, it is explained in the “help” section in the hangar.

The other points are good but you will spend a lot of time in the 8.

Edit: If you make videos, do you allow me to link them in my post?

Edit 2: Contracts are for vouchers. Vouchers are for Mk.III things. Mk.III things are not for newbies. Conclusion: Contracts are not for this tutorial. Or be just informative, don’t spend too much time on this point :slight_smile:

Edit 3: Start by saying that the “Help” section isn’t clear enought and this is why you started your tutorial! Then people that don’t know the existence of the help will learn it :smiley:

Yeah ok i ignored the registration but this part is made in 1min. What i wanted to say with my comment you should say first the thinks that matters for T1.

I’ll try to organize them to be for T1 stuff first, if you can help with that I’ll appreciate it.

Why do a tutorial on registering? It’s very straightforward, just the same as registering for anything else. Why not do an introduction to the game and where to reg instead?

The tutorial on registering is to show you where to register and how to do it. Because there’s these people who have no idea on how to do it. But hmmm… I’ll do an introduction video for the game, and the registering process will be in the same video. Thank you.

I already started creating a basic tutorial where anyone can add his/her ideas. ([here](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/27936-im-a-beginner-better-read-this/)) If it can help you :wink:

I don’t see the interest of explaining interface, it is explained in the “help” section in the hangar.

The other points are good but you will spend a lot of time in the 8.

Edit: If you make videos, do you allow me to link them in my post?

Edit 2: Contracts are for vouchers. Vouchers are for Mk.III things. Mk.III things are not for newbies. Conclusion: Contracts are not for this tutorial. Or be just informative, don’t spend too much time on this point :slight_smile:

Edit 3: Start by saying that the “Help” section isn’t clear enought and this is why you started your tutorial! Then people that don’t know the existence of the help will learn it :smiley:

I know the interface is explained in the help section, but as you said, it’s not enough there, it’s not updated, and I wanna do it in my own ways. :slight_smile:

I know that I will spend a lot of time on Missions guides, but it’ll be worth it hopefully.

Yes you can link my videos in your post.

Thank you for this, you saved me a lot of time. I might have wrote a long script for this, but in the end it’s just something very simple. Thank you again.

I will check out your topic as well.

I’m happy to be helpfull for you :slight_smile:

Good luck.

I’m happy to be helpfull for you :slight_smile:

Good luck.

Good luck to you as well.

*facepalm*

That stuff is going to be put into video now? Oh god.

*facepalm*

That stuff is going to be put into video now? Oh god.

Please if you don’t like what I am doing, don’t show me bad feedback. Yes I will put it in a video, and on my website, with a written guide as well. What’s wrong with that? Nothing. I am teaching newbies stuff for a game.

Please if you don’t like what I am doing, don’t show me bad feedback. Yes I will put it in a video, and on my website, with a written guide as well. What’s wrong with that? Nothing. I am teaching newbies stuff for a game.

What I was trying to say is please don’t use Xerrio’s thread for your work.

We need an interactive tutorial, like it is in the Witcher 3.

Instead of static screenshots explaining what is, where and why it is like that, etc.

Such option should be enabled or disabled under game options.

One example: You open Crews implant. You get a tutorial notification about crews. You click close to close or skip the message.
                      Every new thing, you clicked, should be explained in writting. You can also review all training messages.

It is a lot of work, but this would be much more efficient than some old Training section with some basic info!

What I was trying to say is please don’t use Xerox’s thread for your work.

Well then I am sorry, be more clear next time please. Anyways I didn’t say I’ll use all of it, if I find something good and informative, I’ll take that and add to my own scripts. 

We need an interactive tutorial, like it is in the Witcher 3.

Instead of static screenshots explaining what is, where and why it is like that, etc.

Such option should be enabled or disabled under game options.

One example: You open Crews implant. You get a tutorial notification about crews. You click close to close or skip the message.

Every new thing, you clicked, should be explained in writting. You can also review all training messages.

It is a lot of work, but this would be much more efficient than some old Training section with some basic info!

I know, we need a more clear tutorial for the game. Perhaps the help section could be updated. Anyways I always wanted to create tutorials in my own ways. ;)