Make Interceptors Great Again

I suggest to modify a few mods and weapons in order to make interceptor gameplay more enjoyable (again, excluding Taikin):

Tetroxide Injector (All ships exept elly):

I addition to increasing the ships acceleration, it will now also make the ship 50% resistant so slowing effects.

Piercing Missile/EM Missile (All Interceptors):

Increase the amount of missiles to 12, reduce reload to 2 sec

Small Missile (All Interceptors):

Increase the amount of missiles to 10

Nuke (Covert Ops):

reducecasette reload to 45s

System Hack (ECM):

reduce cooldown to 40s

Plasma Arc (Covert Ops):

Additionally increases the users shield resistances by 50pts while active

Reactor Overload (Covert Ops):

Doesn’t deal damage to the user

Microwarp Engine (Recon):

Increases main weapon damage by 20% for 7s after the jump.

Shield/Hull active resistances modules:

Reduce cooldown by 30%

New capacitor mod (Interceptors only):

Adrenaline Injector:

Increases manouverability (rotation and strafe), speed and main weapon damage by 20% when the hull has less than 33% durability remaining. Deactivates as soon as the hull is replenished to over 33%.

Discuss if you like some of these, all the values are subject to change according to balance. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Be careful, we got still 2 elly inties to go lol

you forgot the most important modifier …

Server Smoothie CPU modifier

Increases FPS by 100%

Decreases Ping by 200ms

Negates any packet loss

I am not sure if Ceptors need more mobility alternatives, like the adrenaline injector

their mobility is already quite superb, even empire ones in late ranks

I rather have some more resistance options, as many ceptors have mainly shield slots, but the adaptive does not work anymore.

maybe an alternative adaptive shield, that *only* increases hull resistances like adaptives do for shield (~60% of shield adaptive, to make it less viable), but still takes a shield slot

of course not for elly ships - as they already have hull based adaptives and can define their own slot config.

Y not introduce an “Auto-evade” button, it would perfectly harmonise with the rest of the game.

9 hours ago, Scar6 said:

I suggest to modify a few mods and weapons in order to make interceptor gameplay more enjoyable (again, excluding Taikin):

I addition to increasing the ships acceleration, it will now also make the ship 50% resistant so slowing effects.

Nuke (Covert Ops):

System Hack (ECM):

reduce cooldown to 40s

Plasma Arc (Covert Ops):

Reduce cooldown by 30%

Adrenaline Injector:

Increases manouverability (rotation and strafe), speed and main weapon damage by 20% when the hull has less than 33% durability remaining. Deactivates as soon as the hull is replenished to over 33%.

Discuss if you like some of these, all the values are subject to change according to balance. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

i don’t recommend many of these, they all push interceptors into a combat roll, interceptors are meant to focus on objectives, and sometimes take part in the fight,

recon interceptors are meant to go to a beacon and set up mines and motion sensors, using microwarp to escape (these don’t apply to all recons, tai’kin and nightingale are more combat based, that is the reason those two are so crappy)

covert ops interceptors are meant to stalk the enemy with their stealth skill, before dealing large amounts of burst damage, these are the only combat based recon ships

ECM are meant to weaken the enemy team while staying out of the main line of fire, this is way they receive more hull and shields than other interceptors, the should not be focused on damage though

interceptors are NOT meant to be in a straight fight, the only ideas that are a good idea, are the system hack cooldown, and the nuke cooldown

Nevermind those of narrow vision here, I would love to see some more usefulness in inties. Right now they are still sorta fun to play, but it takes a lot more skill and focus to play right than with all other classes.

so to clarify my earlier post, it’s not that i’m some “devil-spawn who hates interceptors” it’s that i feel like the suggestions wouldn’t solve the problem of balance properly, here are a few that i feel would work better:

-make spy drones reduce the target’s resistance by 10 points or something, this would make the recon interceptor fit a lot more of it’s support role, and would make those drones actually feel like they have some point

-buff plasma web damage significantly, for a ship class made for bursting down large ships, the plasma web is quite lackluster, out of all the default spec-mods it is easily the one with the least effect,

-speed up system hack cooldown, system hack is effectively the poster child of ECM ships. actually, instead of boosting it, perhaps it could be the default spec-mod for ECM ships, instead of the other thing, tell me what you think of this, or maybe the current ECM spec-mod could just hack stuff instead of destroying it

-for the missile capacity thing, i agree with the skillshot missile buffs, maybe add some damage while you’re at it, as for the guided missiles, they’re could do with more range, besides that, it seems fine

-the nuke needs a better cooldown, or alternatively it could be made a lot more frightening, imagine if you got a warning that you were within range of an enemy nuke, and maybe the nuke could get different damage multipliers, 0.5x against interceptors 1x against fighters 2x against frigates 5x against destroyers, and before someone complains that that would be OP, remember how ridiculous of a health pool destroyers have, a well-built destroyer could effortlessly shake off 50K damage

-add a cpu mod for interceptors that speeds up beacon capture time or even makes it uninterruptible

so that’s my list of suggestions, i will add more if i have ideas for them

Nuke needs a “kills literally anything here” radius close by it, maybe 300m. As well as a great damage boost. It is currently the most useless missile slot ammo we have.

And I like the idea of the ECM spec mod hacking things instead of destroying them.

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Nuke needs a “kills literally anything here” radius close by it, maybe 300m. As well as a great damage boost. It is currently the most useless missile slot ammo we have.

agreed, the killzone sounds awesome, add the multiplier or at least a damage overhaul and my earlier suggested warning signal, some kind of loud beeping and a hud icon and we’re golden

4 hours ago, evo888 said:

i don’t recommend many of these, they all push interceptors into a combat roll, interceptors are meant to focus on objectives, and sometimes take part in the fight,

nope. interceptors are _better_ at objectives

but _all_ ships should do objectives

especially since an interceptor cannot do all objectives reliably

all interceptors also have modules designed to take down frigates, because that was their original role

with destros this shifted, as destros are now designed to take down frigates.

also the covert ops is specifically a combat ship.

and the ecm is indeed a ship that enters line of fire, as it usually still is the best ship to spearhead an attack (and also suffered the least from nerfs)

taking it as a “only do objectives” class is simply not viable game design.

3 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

nukes constantly shift between op and useless. i kinda miss the time they could be tossed.

15 hours ago, Scar6 said:

Nuke (Covert Ops):

System Hack (ECM):

reduce cooldown to 40s

Plasma Arc (Covert Ops):

Reduce cooldown by 30%

Adrenaline Injector:

Imho no to many of your OP suggestions!

I find the interceptors right at the moment. Never felt it good, that a single interceptor could speed out to a frigate/dessy to kill it alone nearly with mediocre skills. Feeling the free kill experience with frigates for many ceptors was ugly, not to have proper counter measures to stand a chance.

They are tiny ships with strength from specials and speed. They should be played strategically and not as a super fast gunship replacement (for the ones with super ping and fps ) …

Ceptors can gain many points but there should always a risk be involved because they demand skills and are tiny…

53 minutes ago, g4borg said:

nope. interceptors are _better_ at objectives

but _all_ ships should do objectives

especially since an interceptor cannot do all objectives reliably

all interceptors also have modules designed to take down frigates, because that was their original role

with destros this shifted, as destros are now designed to take down frigates.

also the covert ops is specifically a combat ship.

and the ecm is indeed a ship that enters line of fire, as it usually still is the best ship to spearhead an attack (and also suffered the least from nerfs)

taking it as a “only do objectives” class is simply not viable game design.

nukes constantly shift between op and useless. i kinda miss the time they could be tossed.

* “interceptor cannot do all objectives reliably”: That goes with any ship class, for example my beauty engineer frigate Wazgot 'Mathilda" also “cannot do all objectives reliably” - and for the 4-set/docks/slots of ships I would love to own more than 1 Wazgot, to have different builds of my favorite frigate(s) available in battles (speed builds, heal builds, offensive builds, long range build), for I mostly play engineer frigates. Believe me, if I could get after-battle-points decently for support roles I would love that … for now I have a more offensive build.

* “a “only do objectives” class is simply not viable game design”:  I agree - would be too narrow and could produce negative oscilative escalation (aufschaukeln) effects.

* “could be tossed” : ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

Well you used to be able to chuck nukes at a beacon etc bc they moved. It was great.

Tell you what, i said this already a year ago, some RoF of weapons is broken, wich has the effect that the “high burst damage” of cov ops is not really the case.

The sneaky Cov Ops is a thing of the past, Adaptive Camo is no cloak, everybody can see you, you have a shiptrail, it’s easy to spot if you want to. Granted this was the same back in the days, with the difference, that you now have a blue halo highlighting your Cov-Ops-ness.

The option that one has left is to attack people who are too busy to look for you, I don’t enjoy that playstyle, i enjoy fighting people and risking my aliveness for a potential good fight. The cloak was as good of a repositioning tool as an ambushtool. Above all it is a relatively safe “disengement” tool, if things get too hot.

Anyways, covops, for me have no real use right now. The recon can outmaneuver, can waste time and kills almost as fast, since it can still drain shields rapidly. The ECM is still a powerful tool, as it always was, lacking damage but having great tactical applicability. The CovOps, i see people talk about Plasma Arc so much, is this really the only to go to meta nowadays? For killing Destros & Frigates, a fast bubble gunship is way better, and doesnt have to expose itself by parking next to the victim, or rely on meh nukes. Nukes tbh are a waste on a CovOps, so are guided missiles. (exept you have 400+ping)

The Cov Ops is at its best when it can deliver fast pinpoint damage to overwhelm key enemys, with rockets and rockets.

When was the last time you guys had a “Dogfight”, and how long did it last? Did you get crashed by a wazgot?

Good to see y’all still around, I was on, on saturday evening and played an awful T5 2v2, i wish the game had as many players ingame as in this thread ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)