Jericho Destroyer need a fix

Let’s be honest , destroyer have a problem right now .
but i’m especially annoyed by the jericho line of destroyer.

those dessy are slow , contrary to federation one , but they do tank on the shield . And since the number of weapon getting around shield is getting important , you are obviously using the crew implant to direct damage to shield when your shield is up . 
but it’s so damn pointless …
explosive damage do go through shield , killing your module .

a single st**id player suiciding with arc plasma is enough to make you a dead ship waiting for anyone to finish you.
stingray basically one shoting you .

what is the point of your shield if it doesn’t prevent ship from going under it , or damage to just ignore it and go straight to your hull and module …

enemy ship shouldn’t be able to go through your shield , and just kill you from underneath .
arc plasma from behind you should damage your shield and not your hull and module.
explosive damage should not destroy module from outside the shield.

now if some clever player of star conflict have found a way to prevent that from happening , i’m all open for suggestion and tips .

à propos Crew implants:

• look the rank9 bottom implant “Beta-accelerator SR Mark 3”

• and do not forget to have a look at the rank1 middle implant “Neurocontoller Armadillo”

• and the rank 7 bottom implant “Beta-accelerator CU-Type B” can be helpful : )

42 minutes ago, avarshina said:

à propos Crew implants:

• look the rank9 bottom implant “Beta-accelerator SR Mark 3”

• and do not forget to have a look at the rank1 middle implant “Neurocontoller Armadillo”

• and the rank 7 bottom implant “Beta-accelerator CU-Type B” can be helpful : )

>rank9 bottom implant “Beta-accelerator SR Mark 3” , doesn’t protect against arc plasma , stingray bullshit overdrive , and ship going under your shield 
>rank1 middle implant “Neurocontoller Armadillo” yes , i use it
>rank 7 bottom implant “Beta-accelerator CU-Type B”  , i use it too ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

So basically you want to make destroyers op again? No thanks! Playing a destroyer is more than managable and if you think they are too weak, you might just not be the best with them and would be better off using an other type of ship.

3RWPlHB.png

And destroyers are Ultra-Vunerable at Close Point-Blank Range.

That’s a feature to prevent Destroyers from being Exceptionnally Broken.

Destroyers are “Suppressor” not “Brawler”. 

They are supposed to be cripsy chips for ships able to reach them. Even if you don’t destroy it, a Crippled destroyer is loosing efficiency.

What the french Reaper-Maniac said.

Upvote!

17 minutes ago, Rakza said:

3RWPlHB.png

They are supposed to be cripsy chips for ships able to reach them. Even if you don’t destroy it, a Crippled destroyer is loosing efficiency.

“Ultra-Vunerable at Close Point-Blank Range.” there is virtually no way to not get at point blank range against inties , or f***t stingray.

what if the tyrant is aimed to be a brawler ? with it’s module and weapon having short range and pushing for brawling ?

“supposed to be cripsy chips”  they are supposed to take more dmg , but the shield isn’t suppose to let all the dmg go through it like it doesn’t exist … 

and the multipurpose shield doesn’t block arc plasma or stingrai bullshit overdrive .

28 minutes ago, dreamer78 said:

“Ultra-Vunerable at Close Point-Blank Range.” there is virtually no way to not get at point blank range against inties , or f***t stingray.

Wtf do you even mean by that

28 minutes ago, dreamer78 said:

what if the tyrant is aimed to be a brawler ? with it’s module and weapon having short range and pushing for brawling ?

What if not? Tyrant is by far the stongest r 14 destroyer because of the insane regen it gets just from being near to dying ships

29 minutes ago, dreamer78 said:

“supposed to be cripsy chips”  they are supposed to take more dmg , but the shield isn’t suppose to let all the dmg go through it like it doesn’t exist … 

It doesn’t, only if the damage is dealed under the shield. Needles to say, that you failed big time, when someone managed to creep under your shield.

30 minutes ago, dreamer78 said:

and the multipurpose shield doesn’t block arc plasma or stingrai bullshit overdrive .

Because this damage is inflicted on the hull hitbox and the shield at the same time, so if you are precise, both get damaged.

58 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

Wtf do you even mean by that

i’m saying you can’t prevent an inties or stingray to get close range

59 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

What if not? Tyrant is by far the stongest r 14 destroyer because of the insane regen it gets just from being near to dying ships

“What if not” then “near to dying ships” 
so you are contradicting yourself ? you need to be near the action for that regen to take effect (2000m ) , on my book that mean you are closer to being a brawler than a long range ship .

yes it’s the strongest , yes it gets insane regen , but a single arc plasma is enough to make it look weak .

1 hour ago, Flash0914 said:

It doesn’t, only if the damage is dealed under the shield. Needles to say, that you failed big time, when someone managed to creep under your shield.

yeah surely a cloacked inties or quantum defence inties getting under your shield , must be the dessy player doing something wrong  ![:002j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002j.png “:002j:”) 

1 hour ago, Flash0914 said:

Because this damage is inflicted on the hull hitbox and the shield at the same time, so if you are precise, both get damaged.

yes , and that my point , it should not imo

3 hours ago, dreamer78 said:

i’m saying you can’t prevent an inties or stingray to get close range

Only when you are playing bad

What if not" then “near to dying ships” 
so you are contradicting yourself ? you need to be near the action for that regen to take effect (2000m ) , on my book that mean you are closer to being a brawler than a long range ship .

Getting 2k on enemies diving you team is really not that hard… noone said that destroyers should sit back at 7km and spam their 2dmg halo launcher.

yeah surely a cloacked inties or quantum defence inties getting under your shield , must be the dessy player doing something wrong  ![:002j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002j.png “:002j:”) 

You know covert ops only get radar invis, meaning you can still see them, additionally pyro emitter, gravi lense, most importantly warp reflector,etc can damage phased targets

yes , and that my point , it should not imo

But shields are high velocity filters and not impenetrable fortresses.

The point of a destroyer is NOT: Going in, dealing insane damage, sucking up tons of shots, killing 10 people and still “tanking”

6 hours ago, dreamer78 said:

“Ultra-Vunerable at Close Point-Blank Range.” there is virtually no way to not get at point blank range against inties , or f***t stingray. …

– man, get it into perspective, please. It is not so that we frigate players have celebritory mood these days! PvP is hard for us, too.  And Stingray is powerful - in good pilot’s hands - but manageable. And what would all the interceptor pilots say that I plug out of the sky the doozen: “we are back in no time…” or what.

I think you have frustration due to no good build and no good enough experience and/or bad match circumstances… take anothet ship please and spare us the follow-up “make destroyer great again” pain! Everythins is already said and destroyers integrate more or less fine in the gamem, now, they have their place and I doubt that they will be touched again in foreseeable future.

6 hours ago, dreamer78 said:

look! I think you are smart! Wouldn’t you like some more maneuverability in any Brawler melee fighting spaceship than what any destroyer can give you? How about learning to fly the Stingray, it might become marvelous instead of “f***t stingray”  in your eyes?

29 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

Only when you are playing bad

Yes and no: These things can happen to good destroyer players also, depends on circumstance and number of enemies and skill of opponents…

6 hours ago, Rakza said:

3RWPlHB.png

[@dreamer78](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/245402-dreamer78/) - listen to him! Try to work out strategy accordingly!

I mean thousands of other players manage to play destroyers very effectively and this one guys comes up with “Tyrant weak AF please fix” give me a break, if the destroyer is too weak you are just using it wrong, have a terrible build or both

-Listen to tips, experienced players give you, but please stop whining about destroyers being weak, when they clearly aren’t

22 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

I mean thousands of other players manage to play destroyers very effectively and this one guys comes up with “Tyrant weak AF please fix” give me a break, if the destroyer is too weak you are just using it wrong, have a terrible build or both

-Listen to tips, experienced players give you, but please stop whining about destroyers being weak, when they clearly aren’t

I never said tyrant was weak AF.

Stop putting words in the mouth of other , give me a break .

I’m all up to listen to experienced player , Rakza told me to not brawl with them , while I agree , it’s still doesn’t fix the issue I have with the shield mechanics of dessy.

58 minutes ago, avarshina said:

– man, get it into perspective, please. It is not so that we frigate players have celebritory mood these days! PvP is hard for us, too.  And Stingray is powerful - in good pilot’s hands - but manageable. And what would all the interceptor pilots say that I plug out of the sky the doozen: “we are back in no time…” or what.

I think you have frustration due to no good build and no good enough experience and/or bad match circumstances… take anothet ship please and spare us the follow-up “make destroyer great again” pain! Everythins is already said and destroyers integrate more or less fine in the gamem, now, they have their place and I doubt that they will be touched again in foreseeable future.

look! I think you are smart! Wouldn’t you like some more maneuverability in any Brawler melee fighting spaceship than what any destroyer can give you? How about learning to fly the Stingray, it might become marvelous instead of “f***t stingray”  in your eyes?

Yes and no: These things can happen to good destroyer players also, depends on circumstance and number of enemies and skill of opponents…

[@dreamer78](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/245402-dreamer78/) - listen to him! Try to work out strategy accordingly!

I don’t own the stingray , and I don’t like playing ship that I consider " OP " or bad for the game.

I’m fine keeping with my woflhound and patriarch for now .

Man must I look like a whining **** on this post , FeelsBadMan.

I have never been this frustrated playing star conflict , you are right , might just have been a bad series of circumstances, but even then …

49 minutes ago, dreamer78 said:

I have never been this frustrated playing star conflict , you are right , might just have been a bad series of circumstances, but even then …

Huhu.

You should have seen me back in 2013 when Guards where pure Sh*t during 8 months.

1 hour ago, dreamer78 said:

… FeelsBadMan.

that’s what I implied in my post - sometimes I am very very very much frustrated - just like you. What deja-vue Thatŕga times… I did a break then and did other things. Now, I feel this game needs every player showing up not to loose game altogether, so I do PvP in homeopathic doses… (just kidding)

What can you expect from limited dev-man-hours, from shrinking team? They gave us new things and new open space perspective, PB-42 in Vior system is beautiful, this game has much potential… and I feel we are on a way of sorting out things … our wishes can only be that humble ones, you know…

With that said: I really do think that destroyer class will not be touched in any near future, so please live with it, adapt or try other ship-class, → Patriarch is a good choice, its a premium and get lots of good modules, is recommended as one of the best guards at the moment by many players - and you can choose to build the Ronin special project ship, too for experience etc… just leave the destroyer class for a while - will you? Know what Rakza prefers? The rank 8 Reaper -one one hand because of its looks I am sure, on the other hand because of its abilities, try it out some time, too.

44 minutes ago, Rakza said:

Huhu.

You should have seen me back in 2013 when Guards where pure Sh*t during 8 months.

@Rakza do you remember why they removed the 6 main gun mounts in exchange for 4 on frigates (save the lrf)? They could have made the stats for each weapon lower … so why? Would they bring back 6 main guns on frigates? Would it be possible? Just asking out of curiosity and that the NY18 has 8.

1 hour ago, avarshina said:

do you remember why they removed the 6 main gun mounts in exchange for 4 on frigates (save the lrf)?

When they introduced “Roles”, because before this, there was no role.

Only Classes and differents special modules, as exemple Federation Frigates used to have 2 Differents kind of drones around them. One like the engineers have and One Anti-Missile drones.

Frigates were able to use “Stabilized Railgun” that was the ancestor of “Gauss”, you could even see Jericho Frigates with Pulse Laser or Shrapnel Cannon.

So, when Devs introduced the “ROLES” (Recon, Covert Ops, ECM, Gunship, Tackler, Command, Long Range, Engineer, Guards), they decided to rebalance the Weapons and adjust ships regarding their respectives roles.

Guards were given 4 Cannon Slots because they were extremly resilient. Modules were also extremly differents, Mass Propulsion Inhibitor was preventing passivly the use of Afterburner in a 3.2Km Radius / Signature Masking was reducing all damage by a huge percent in a 3km Radius / Missile Shield was perma-Active and was shooting down missile every 10 seconds.

At this time Engineers and Long Range were still having 6 Cannon Slots.

And one of the most massive Shitstorm started on the forum “The Great Frigball”. Engineers were much more resilient than now and they had 6 Cannons and Devs took a looooong time to realize that they were the cause of the Frigballs, they instead focused on Guards because that what people were taking in the face in first place.

So after nerf after nerf on Guards, Some players ( And I was one of them) started to be pissed as hell and we started our own shitstorm about Engineer being able to heal interceptors in 3 seconds and having 6 cannon slot.

Devs enventually removed 2 cannon Slots on Engineers and made the game more or less balanced.

They could have made the stats for each weapon lower

That’s what we asked when they introduced Barrel Rotation Mechanics while removing the “Heavy Weapon” which had “Slow Barrel” mechanics.

But this weapons were still not properly balanced (aka the Coil Mortar with 48 RPM able to One Shot Interceptors). I don’t know if they considered the idea but they didn’t work on it or talked about it.

Would they bring back 6 main guns on frigates? Would it be possible?

I don’t think so.

They seems to be back on the “We don’t care about Frigates”.

Look what they have given to LRF

Look at the diversity of tools Guards got.

And Look what Engineers are going to get. 

While they give New Damage/Escape/Control mechanics to fighters and interceptors, frigates can slowly die under the carpet.

Better start learning how to play Interceptors and Long Range Fighters.

Just asking out of curiosity and that the NY18 has 8.

Object NY18 is the perfect exemple of P2W Ship that have access to broken mechanics while having no penalty.

No blind Spot, no Rotation or Strafe difficulties, access to modules way stronger than standard Guards, able to remove Debuff by itself.

You want to know what message they are sending to frigates players?

“You should better play Frigates with max Rang 10 if you are not playing fighters or Interceptors because at least you will have a better choice of tools and better resistance and we absolutly don’t care about it”

[@CinnamonFake](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/257821-cinnamonfake/)The last part is exactly the kind of message you are sending to the Frigate Players. 

So basically the solution to the meta is : play something else ?

Destroyers should be reverted to the state they were before the major nerf waves, especially in the terms of speed, but should be limited to one spawn per battle. The high damage they take from cov-ops is fine, they need some sort of counter. Also, I’d suggest that they should take double damage from critical hits and not explosive hits, the current amount of things that deal explosive/AoE damage in the game is just absurd at the moment.

double damage from critical hit means getting killed in 2 sec by full crit golden eagle with front blaster ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)