Introduce reasonable 'lag' to ai ships

I think if AI ships will get ‘lag’ - aiming at the spot player was 0.1-0.2 sek ago (number can be adjusted ofc) will make things interesting:

1. This will not make AI weaker since currently frigates dominate majority of pve missions 

2. This will make interceptors’ agility more useful

3. It will feel more similar to PvP where players need time to take aim. 

Overall currently in PvE 6-10 guard is the best choice for easy play and 11-15 LRF for their dps.

We should help the little ceptors and give players option to win using agility and precision…  

*Sure this won’t help the need for crazy DPS in high rank PvE but its a start - what do you think?

And maybe stop those fookin beam-cannon ships that have 100% hitrate. This would be a welcome change.

Maybe enemy AI should have the ping of the highest ping player.

lol

Its easier adding spread to their aim. I bet thats how the worked before.

Its easier adding spread to their aim. I bet thats how the worked before.

I thought about that too but:

1. What about lasers?

2. It won’t promote dodging/moving - Frigates will still be the only choice just ai will miss you for no apparent reason.

I mean not only aiming to shoot - when ‘turtes’ chase you for example they should see your position with tiny lag and just keep moving forward if they don’t hit anything, see what I mean? It’s actually not the same - Those bots WILL eat you if you stop.

Absolutely. Any ship beside a frigate/destroyer is completely use useless in any 9+ rank PvE mission. 

Maybe enemy AI should have the ping of the highest ping player.

My friend plays with 400-500 ping sometimes. Bots are going to miss everything…

Playing with fighters dodging over 70% of projectiles(blue EM) from 1km+ away. Not my problem.

Laser 100%, but until your shield is gone, then it will go down below 50% dependent on the ship/distance.

The only thing that annoy me is their aim through obstacles…

You aim at the edge they will come around and shoot but instantly receive the countershot. What the hell?! It ‘fired’ before it’s around. o.o

Absolutely. Any ship beside a frigate/destroyer is completely use useless in any 9+ rank PvE mission.

You can’t say it that general, there are some missions where Cov Ops or Gunships/Commands are quite nice e.g. Fort Muerto. And you can use one recon missions where you have to capture beacons.

You can’t say it that general, there are some missions where Cov Ops or Gunships/Commands are quite nice e.g. Fort Muerto. And you can use one recon missions where you have to capture beacons.

Sure one can come up with missions that suits specific class. Ops can capture while invisible to bots - nice but…

It also has devastating fighting abilities in PvP! Why he’d struggle in PvE?? Cause he’ll die… Cause he can’t dodge fast projectiles/beams/chasing bomb-ships… so he can only hide - either by using modules or by taking cover  

My point is:

Interceptors as a class rely on mobility to survive. This is highly useful in PvP but because of instant auto-aim rendered useless in PvE.

I thought about that too but:

1. What about lasers?

2. It won’t promote dodging/moving - Frigates will still be the only choice just ai will miss you for no apparent reason.

I mean not only aiming to shoot - when ‘turtes’ chase you for example they should see your position with tiny lag and just keep moving forward if they don’t hit anything, see what I mean? It’s actually not the same - Those bots WILL eat you if you stop.

Spread to their aiming is enough, so any weapon (including lasers and 0 spread weapons like eclipse or halo) can be unaccurate. Bots will constantly change where they are aming inside the spread range. I dont mind the bots reaction speed (in the case of turtles…they have huge shields to ram you, so, they have to hit you), perhaps a maximum aiming speed? (like when you decloack and they shoot you before the animation has finished)

Spread to their aiming is enough, so any weapon (including lasers and 0 spread weapons like eclipse or halo) can be unaccurate. Bots will constantly change where they are aming inside the spread range. I dont mind the bots reaction speed (in the case of turtles…they have huge shields to ram you, so, they have to hit you), perhaps a maximum aiming speed? (like when you decloack and they shoot you before the animation has finished)

See - you mention “maximum aiming speed”. But they don’t have any ‘aiming speed’ at all! Its instant direction lock - that’s it. Now if wanted to say “delay the time till they start aiming” - great they’ll shoot one one second after that… Why people can’t do that? Because event at ping 0 we have to move the mouse while bots have their weapons aimed at you always… No matter how fast you move!

My feeling and of my corpmates is, that they spawn and have instantly a target choosen.

Doesn’t matter if there are targets closer to them, they will fly to their target. You can easily see this in the first phase of captured dreadnought. They spawn and instantly fly directly to one player. Especially hardcore if you are a background ELRF sniper seeing them coming in a direct line to you.

Spread doesn’t help really(at least in capturing beacons). Blue projectiles doesn’t hit you, the kinetic are so spammed that they always hit and laser, yeah even top the kinetic one in this. Especially the turtles make it clear, that SPREAD is not useful. They come so close to you, that they shoot in your face.

And to be honest: The only ones dying from those are either to agressive or unskilled.

See - you mention “maximum aiming speed”. But they don’t have any ‘aiming speed’ at all! Its instant direction lock - that’s it. Now if wanted to say “delay the time till they start aiming” - great they’ll shoot one one second after that… Why people can’t do that? Because event at ping 0 we have to move the mouse while bots have their weapons aimed at you always… No matter how fast you move!

we are saying the same :slight_smile: