Interceptors are fastest, toughest and highest damage all at the same time.

19 hours ago, Aetrion said:

The PvP balance in this game is utterly broken. Interceptors are so overpowered it’s not even funny.

They are by far the fastest an most maneuverable ships in the game. Ok, this part I can deal with, that’s how they are supposed to be. 

They are however also the tankiest ships in the game, because they are not only extremely hard to hit and can generally avoid hits from all heavy weapons all together, but they also have a huge number of special active and passive modules that let them nope out when they are in any kind of trouble, and tank absurd amounts of damage. I’ve seen interceptors tank 3 ships while planting a bomb, then turn invisible and escape. How is that in any way reasonable? 

On top of that the amount of damage they deal is completely out of control. They can literally burn down a destroyer that has 300,000 effective health in five seconds from out of stealth. How is this in any way reasonable or good game balance? These ships can full on tank the complete broadside of a destroyer with ease, but destroy one in seconds. Same fate awaits anyone who’s playing frigates.

This game is broken. There is absolutely no sense of proportionality in PvP. Huge ships pop like balloons while small ships are practically unkillable. Lumbering gun platforms do tickle-damage while tiny ships can rip apart anything in seconds.

Where is the advantage to playing a large slow ship? Frigates and Destroyers are basically useless in PvP because they neither have better armor nor better firepower than interceptors and fighters. 

I’ve seen a myriad of counters to interceptors, try these:

a) stick with teammates, interceptors are weakest when they overexert themselves

b) pulsar and minefield, these items work wonders for dropping interceptors that come too close

c) beam weapons, at this point the only variable is how long you can keep the beam on the target

d) engineer drones, incredibly accurate and fast-firing, these little buggers can deter interceptors that stray too close, as well as heal, providing some tactical weight on the side

e) any tackler slow skills, guard slowing field works too, turns interceptors into sitting ducks, combine it with target painter or damage reduction aura for even more power

f) thi’lith, thi’es, and the homing laser are all basically aimbots, they work wonders for interceptors

these are all I could think of off of the top of my head, quite honestly interceptors (besides xxxx’kin) are incredibly weak, they require a high skill cap to survive, and even then the payoff is quite underwhelming, I much prefer my beloved frigates, (dear devs, please give us engineer and guard modules already)

Hello

Heh Taikin is still hard to kill if good player use it. And amount of fire power that it have it is ridiculous. It should be just what name say, RECON-to observe and detect nothing else.

And here we have single small OP combat ship. Also devs made it so OP that they needed to invent THILITH  another Ace weapon that have 100% hit rate to hit them.

So again, Taikin is really OP. Also PLEASE PLEASE reduce damage output OP Taikin ACTIVE moduls like inhibitor crystal.

Also one more thing.

We can’t use two same module for straff on Taikin and Tharga, I propose that we can’t use two same module for rotation on interceptor ships. So just one Vernier engine per small ship.

Regards

Thilit existed long before Taikin

Are you sure? Hmm was it implemented after Tharga?

No one could hit Tharga with two straff module.

That was nice time…

9 minutes ago, SunnySweet said:

Are you sure? Hmm was it implemented after Tharga?

No one could hit Tharga with two straff module.

That was nice time…

Thilith was long before tharga.

In a destroyer there is basically nothing you can do against interceptors that just pop out and hug you to death.

I’ve also repeatedly seen people run bombs in fighters and interceptors while taking fire from multiple sources and not dying. I mean I know I hit them because the numbers pop up, but if a broadside hit against a small ship comes out as 120 damage instead of 1200 like it does against large vessels then we’re just talking about bad balance. When I miss the target I say: “Well, I should have aimed better”. If I hit the target and the game just doesn’t award me enough damage to overcome the target’s shield regen I say: “Well, that’s bad mechanics screwing me over”.

1 hour ago, SunnySweet said:

Also PLEASE PLEASE reduce damage output OP Taikin ACTIVE moduls like inhibitor crystal.

It is very hard to hit, so the high damage is justified.

34 minutes ago, Aetrion said:

In a destroyer there is basically nothing you can do against interceptors that just pop out and hug you to death.

Then you are just playing your destroyer poorly. There is no chance against multiple swarmers (3 and more), but against one target destroyer clearly have the upper hand even if it is a covert ops. (Might have some troubles with Tai’kin, but we are talking about the standard inteceptor here.)

34 minutes ago, Aetrion said:

I’ve also repeatedly seen people run bombs in fighters and interceptors while taking fire from multiple sources and not dying. I mean I know I hit them because the numbers pop up, but if a broadside hit against a small ship comes out as 120 damage instead of 1200 like it does against large vessels then we’re just talking about bad balance. When I miss the target I say: “Well, I should have aimed better”. If I hit the target and the game just doesn’t award me enough damage to overcome the target’s shield regen I say: “Well, that’s bad mechanics screwing me over”.

As I stated before you probably don’t really fly small ships yourself. The “lower damage” you are “observing” is nothing more than a combination of better resistances and less projectiles hitting the ship due to it’s size. The end of that. The second thing is: if it really is so easy to outmanouver everything in a small ship “never get hit” and “dealing more damage than destroyers” why don’t you just do it yourself? That’s right you can’t, because it takes a ton of skill to avoid everything incoming at you. Point two closed. Then the last thing is: if fast ships are “screwing you over” then just use one of the countless counters to these ships, which i won’t state again, just search them in my previous comment. Now if you would stop wasting your time, complaining about how the game is “f*cked up” and there is “no balance whatsoever” and invested it into becoming a better pilot, we could just close this obsolete topic.

35 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

It is very hard to hit, so the high damage is justified.

So is a EM Torpedo, which doesn’t slow, deals only slightly more damage and as far longer reload time. So are you saying EM Torpedo needs to be buffed?

11 hours ago, g4borg said:

… you should slowly realize, that if you constantly fly one ship, and see no alternatives, and think that one ship can be used for everything, it might be just op

hate to bring it to you, but if the wazgot were totally balanced, you would consider switching engies from time to time, and the fed engies are supposed to be the mobile ones, while you outtank and outmanouver them with ease, and they need countless hours of flying to learn to perform, while the wazgot has lots of easy adopters (which is due to the part of personalization, so its not a bad thing)…

![:fed_lol:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/fed_lol.png “:fed_lol:”)  sure I got that … I call it kind of ‘balanced op’. What? Yes its a bit op but thats the way the game evolves into anyhow:  more damage, functions, aeo, buffs, passives, tank, heal etc. Some ships got first, and Ellydium ships were supposed to be op mega sellers, that they are actually not and maybe broke the game somehow…

So why Waz’Got: its the perfect blend of Brokk and Phoenix engis… And there is hardly that much complaint about these two than about the Ellydium engi Wazgot. As an apology I would say: Its the feel of the Wazgot, when you fly it you have the impression of more control over the situations, reasonable strafe, many more variables for different builds… Its a good ship , and I am happy that the other ships get their rework now too, even if that makes the Wazgot less op.  

8 hours ago, Scar6 said:

As for the strafe speed: its possible that the actual strafe speed was indeed not 300+m/s, but the 500+m/s^2 strafe acceleration (even more with ab) makes taikins considerately harder to hit than other intys. Thats also what i meant with ‘tanky’. …

try missiles

10 hours ago, John161 said:

So is a EM Torpedo, which doesn’t slow, deals only slightly more damage and as far longer reload time. So are you saying EM Torpedo needs to be buffed?

You don’t have to stick close to the torpedo, and apparently if you collide with the center of the crystal it will detonate, I think its a bug, stay close to it but not too close, it didn’t use to be like that.

16 hours ago, John161 said:

1.What xXThunderFlameXx said

2.Much higher range, being used totally different from inhib crystal, always have max damage output.

No EM Torpedo should not be buffed they are working as intended (more like the opposite: Inhib crystal should not be destryoerd by Missile shield.)

10 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

apparently if you collide with the center of the crystal it will detonate.

How often do I have to say that EM Torpedo behave exactly the same in regard to collision with its owner.

10 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

You don’t have to stick close to the torpedo

Since when is this a problem on a Tai’Kin, You even profit a lot from it because of the slowing effect.

4 hours ago, Flash0914 said:

2.Much higher range, being used totally different from inhib crystal, always have max damage output.

True, Inhibitor Crystal lacks the self damage, adds a slowing effect and can be used far more often, with only two small disadvantages, you have to stay within 750m and the damage needs to built up.

Besides that it is far easier to hit with the Inhibitor Crystal then with em torps. And after your it is “hard” to use logic, which the EM torpedo in comparison is, it would need a buff because of the lower dmg then the Inhibitor Crystal.

Let’s not forget that the damage on the torpedo is the same for its entire blast radius, while on the crystal it decreases the further from the center.

And it can be shot from 9k away

On 1/24/2018 at 3:45 PM, Flash0914 said:

The second thing is: if it really is so easy to outmanouver everything in a small ship “never get hit” and “dealing more damage than destroyers” why don’t you just do it yourself? That’s right you can’t, because it takes a ton of skill to avoid everything incoming at you. 

You’re basically just demonstrating that you don’t actually understand what game balance is about here. Game balance is about being able to play with the builds you enjoy without getting dumped on in competitive play.

Playing an interceptor is actually way easier than playing a destroyer because you have a whole lot of ways to nope out of a bad situation. In a destroyer you’re committed, if you pick the wrong fight you’re going down, because you can’t just turn invisible or run away.

5 minutes ago, Aetrion said:

You’re basically just demonstrating that you don’t actually understand what game balance is about here. Game balance is about being able to play with the builds you enjoy without getting dumped on in competitive play.

Playing an interceptor is actually way easier than playing a destroyer because you have a whole lot of ways to nope out of a bad situation. In a destroyer you’re committed, if you pick the wrong fight you’re going down, because you can’t just turn invisible or run away.

Playing a Destroyer is about the easiest gameplay possible. Its a simple point and click adventure as long as you dont wander off too far. You dont have to bother about manouvering or getting snatched by any of the various slowing effects at all. Interceptors are much more risky to use, since their low range and inferior weapons require close proximity and a good timing of your offensive modules. Performing evasive manouvers constantly while keeping both guns pointed at an enemy ship is a much harder thing to master.

10 minutes ago, Aetrion said:

tenor.gif

45 minutes ago, Aetrion said:

right? Those OP Pulse Lazors ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

VS:

Posting videos from November 2016 that show weapons that got nerfed so bad that nobody even uses them anymore is kind of dishonest don’t you think?

Also the idea that just because something goes faster and relies on constant use of active modules it’s more difficult to play is simply bogus. There are different kinds of difficulty, and one big one is how far ahead you have to plan in order to avoid bad situations. If your ship is extremely fast and has a lot of “oh sh*t” buttons you don’t need to plan very far ahead. If your ship is slow and can’t extricate itself from danger you need to plan very far ahead. If planning wasn’t difficult grand strategy games would be considered extremely easy, when in fact they are considered to be some of the most hardcore games there are.