Interceptors are fastest, toughest and highest damage all at the same time.

The PvP balance in this game is utterly broken. Interceptors are so overpowered it’s not even funny.

They are by far the fastest an most maneuverable ships in the game. Ok, this part I can deal with, that’s how they are supposed to be. 

They are however also the tankiest ships in the game, because they are not only extremely hard to hit and can generally avoid hits from all heavy weapons all together, but they also have a huge number of special active and passive modules that let them nope out when they are in any kind of trouble, and tank absurd amounts of damage. I’ve seen interceptors tank 3 ships while planting a bomb, then turn invisible and escape. How is that in any way reasonable? 

On top of that the amount of damage they deal is completely out of control. They can literally burn down a destroyer that has 300,000 effective health in five seconds from out of stealth. How is this in any way reasonable or good game balance? These ships can full on tank the complete broadside of a destroyer with ease, but destroy one in seconds. Same fate awaits anyone who’s playing frigates.

This game is broken. There is absolutely no sense of proportionality in PvP. Huge ships pop like balloons while small ships are practically unkillable. Lumbering gun platforms do tickle-damage while tiny ships can rip apart anything in seconds.

Where is the advantage to playing a large slow ship? Frigates and Destroyers are basically useless in PvP because they neither have better armor nor better firepower than interceptors and fighters. 

It’s not that the small ships are super powerful, it’s just that the big ships were all nerfed to the ground. Back in the day we had something called “frig-balls” which was basically just a clump of frigates that was unkillable no matter what.

I mean have you seen destroyers? They have effectively less survivability than an R2 recon. Their only redeeming factor is modules that are behind GS pay-walls via the trade scam market.

the Dev’s are running around in circles trying to figure out a way to keep the game alive … as you can plainly see they have failed miserably .

36 minutes ago, Aetrion said:

The PvP balance in this game is utterly broken. Interceptors are so overpowered it’s not even funny.

They are by far the fastest an most maneuverable ships in the game. Ok, this part I can deal with, that’s how they are supposed to be. 

They are however also the tankiest ships in the game, because they are not only extremely hard to hit and can generally avoid hits from all heavy weapons all together, but they also have a huge number of special active and passive modules that let them nope out when they are in any kind of trouble, and tank absurd amounts of damage. I’ve seen interceptors tank 3 ships while planting a bomb, then turn invisible and escape. How is that in any way reasonable? 

On top of that the amount of damage they deal is completely out of control. They can literally burn down a destroyer that has 300,000 effective health in five seconds from out of stealth. How is this in any way reasonable or good game balance? These ships can full on tank the complete broadside of a destroyer with ease, but destroy one in seconds. Same fate awaits anyone who’s playing frigates.

This game is broken. There is absolutely no sense of proportionality in PvP. Huge ships pop like balloons while small ships are practically unkillable. Lumbering gun platforms do tickle-damage while tiny ships can rip apart anything in seconds.

Where is the advantage to playing a large slow ship? Frigates and Destroyers are basically useless in PvP because they neither have better armor nor better firepower than interceptors and fighters. 

What ranks do you fly that make you think Interceptors are OP? No one is the right mind would say they are in the higher ranks. Unless it is a large map with stretched beacons nothing can interceptors really do to a Turtle setups

Here is what happens to inties most of the games, unless stars align for inty swarm (which is extremely rare conditions)

Spoiler

or something like this

I have a method for killing interceptors that works most of the time, that new alien one is kind of cancer, though pilots who know how to unleash the cancer are rare.

My Waz’Got ‘Waltzing Mathilda’ build is also very good at shooting down interceptors and fighters.

Inty’s are far from being tanky. These days mostly with all those new modules. You might feel that way only because they are indeed hard to hit.

The point is that frigates and destroyers are infinitely easier to kill than interceptors and fighters, and also have less firepower, which is simply broken. There is absolutely no justification to having a game balanced that way.

I mean hey, I wasn’t here when big ships were actually tanky, and I’m not saying that we should have a game where you can’t kill destroyers and frigates, but the current state of affairs is simply not a solution. There needs to be some proportionality, where you aren’t just a free kill if you’re out in a destroyer and you don’t feel like your ludicrously expensive armaments are barely even scratching the enemy.

Any “dodge or die” ability that can kill a destroyer in seconds simply because it can’t get out of the way is just broken.

Any primary weapon that does tens of thousands of damage in seconds against any target that can’t get out of the way is broken.

The primary balance issue this game seems to have is that there is so much healing available in it that a hit and run attack can’t be successful unless it kills the target outright. That leads to completely idiotic balance where tiny hard to kill units deal absurd amounts of damage. What they need instead is a way to deal more lasting damage. That’s why in a game like Mechwarrior Online light mechs work. There is no healing so shooting someone in the back a few times and dashing off is useful.

Interceptors that are not a Taikin (nerf damn antifriction sphere already, i’ve seen Taikins with 500+m/s^2 acceleration and 300+ m/s strafe speed) are not very tanky. In fact they pop in seconds in t5 due to the new autoaim and instant stop modules everywhere.

The only thing that makes Covert Ops a bit too powerful vs dessies at the moment is the bonus damage aura on dessies, because it also triples the white damage from destroyed modules.

Guard Frigate are somewhat hard for a inty to take down and LRF are supposed to be an easy target for anything that gets close.

Engineers (especially fed) are very easy to kill in any ship, no surprise there. (Although Minefields, Drones and Facetorps can help)

An Ion gunship will still outdamage a Pulse Laser covie by far.

Judging by this post I think he saw a Tai’Kin, which is powerful when played good enough and assumed that all interceptors were that way, of course couldn’t forget about the usual over-exageration, but standard interceptors do feel underpowered, and the class rework should fix it, its not gonna affect craftable ships, and that includes Ellydium.

32 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

… Taikin (nerf damn antifriction sphere already, i’ve seen Taikins with 500+m/s^2 acceleration and 300+ m/s strafe speed…

Put on my Waz’Got the nEngine modifier [Antifriction sphere 17] changes the stats

Strafe         132 m/s²

Acceleration  56 m/s²

to:

Strafe         132 m/s²  (132 m/s² , w/aftb)

Acceleration 109 m/s² (165 m/s² ,  w/aftb)

So in this case it is useful and not op.

i can remember when a covert ops could barely but still go toe on toe with a good gunship

and that was in its height of reign, before the adaptives broke in some way or another or tacklers rose from paperships to actually useful support (and rose further until the time everybody was in a jaguar)  until the turn key madness and adaptive nerf.

the taikin might be op as f, true

but all other interceptors are just a faded shadow of their OP glory

even in times where interceptors were strong enough to carry and decide games, which was around 2013, nobody in their right mind would have called them unfair tho, as a good gunship ate them for breakfast, and intie swarming was a really hard to pull off strategy in organized team games - when we still had lots of corporations playing tournament.

1 hour ago, avarshina said:

So in this case it is useful and not op.

you should slowly realize, that if you constantly fly one ship, and see no alternatives, and think that one ship can be used for everything, it might be just op

hate to bring it to you, but if the wazgot were totally balanced, you would consider switching engies from time to time, and the fed engies are supposed to be the mobile ones, while you outtank and outmanouver them with ease, and they need countless hours of flying to learn to perform, while the wazgot has lots of easy adopters (which is due to the part of personalization, so its not a bad thing)

once people will have more of them at high ranks, it will become more clear anyway, atm. some are just poorly built, and from all the elly ships they had the biggest farmwall.

same argument as people defending the pulse laser for aeons, while actually it turned out to be pretty much op, which many only realized after the nerf.

me included, even if i actually despised the pulse laser, because the others needed more skill.

those numbers are pretty much crazy, compare them to other frigs. even some fighters envy that.

12 hours ago, Aetrion said:

they neither have better armor nor better firepower than interceptors and fighters

Inteceptors have the least firepower in the game.

Proof:  List of top dps cannons for each ship type:

Inteceptor: sharpnel cannon. Dps.: 1800

Fighter: Ion emitter. Dps.: 2448

Frigate: Heavy blaster: Dps.: 2412

Destroyer: Meson cannon.: Dps (with 8 shooting turrets) 6488

Plus, weapons for heavier ships have advantages in range + projectile speed.

And i will not even start to compare hull and shield of those classes, cause that would just be unnecessary.

3 hours ago, Aetrion said:

Any “dodge or die” ability that can kill a destroyer in seconds simply because it can’t get out of the way is just broken.

There is literally one ““dodge or die” ability” and that is ‘Gravi wave’. Hey, that’s a Waz’got module. Good job on that one m8

Any primary weapon that does tens of thousands of damage in seconds against any target that can’t get out of the way is broken.

That would be literally only a destroyer gun using damage powerups.

The primary balance issue this game seems to have is that there is so much healing available in it that a hit and run attack can’t be successful unless it kills the target outright. That leads to completely idiotic balance where tiny hard to kill units deal absurd amounts of damage

Now is it wrong to bring healing in a time, where hardly anyone plays engineers and most of those who do, rather had it be a DPS based ship than a healer?

12 hours ago, Aetrion said:

They are however also the tankiest ships in the game, because they are not only extremely hard to hit and can generally avoid hits from all heavy weapons all together, but they also have a huge number of special active and passive modules that let them nope out when they are in any kind of trouble, and tank absurd amounts of damage.

From the way you are talking about Inteceptors, I take it you are a frigate pilot and have little experience with them. Pro tip: Actually play them youself and see: They are not completely broken and need a lot of skill to stay alife in that way you were talking. Especially in the current meta, that is full with slows, stuns, mobility reduction, energy burn, etc.

2 hours ago, g4borg said:

you should slowly realize, that if you constantly fly one ship, and see no alternatives, and think that one ship can be used for everything, it might be just op

hate to bring it to you, but if the Brokk  wazgot were totally balanced, you would consider switching engies from time to time.

Here, FTFY. Not a single dread battle lately when the healer was needed I saw a Waz’got. As a multipurpose support - yes. But not in serious games, where you need to heal thousands of HP fast and not die from 3-4 disintegrator shots.

4 hours ago, Scar6 said:

I’ve seen Taikins with 500+m/s^2 acceleration and 300+ m/s strafe speed

No, you haven’t. 

Even when you sacrifice all speed nodes for strafe nodes it will hit 551m/s^2  and little over 200m/s strafe speed. And it still will be less agile than Grey Falcon.

4 hours ago, Scar6 said:

Interceptors that are not a Taikin are not very tanky.

Taikin is not tanky as well. Good tackler can freeze it and two shot it. 

2 minutes ago, niripas said:

Good tackler can freeze it and two shot it. 

You seem to two-shot most of the ships in this game.

27 minutes ago, niripas said:

No, you haven’t. 

Even when you sacrifice all speed nodes for strafe nodes it will hit 551m/s^2  and little over 200m/s strafe speed. And it still will be less agile than Grey Falcon.

Taikin is not tanky as well. Good tackler can freeze it and two shot it. 

As for the strafe speed: its possible that the actual strafe speed was indeed not 300+m/s, but the 500+m/s^2 strafe acceleration (even more with ab) makes taikins considerately harder to hit than other intys. Thats also what i meant with ‘tanky’.

The Tacklers ‘stop - hammertime’-beam is stupid anyways.

Luckily the slow counter is still working, and hope that they won’t change it.

19 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

As for the strafe speed: its possible that the actual strafe speed was indeed not 300+m/s, but the 500+m/s^2 strafe acceleration (even more with ab) makes taikins considerately harder to hit than other intys. Thats also what i meant with ‘tanky’.

The Tacklers ‘stop - hammertime’-beam is stupid anyways.

Inhibitor beam -> Tai’kins acceleration is suddenly nonexistant.

1 hour ago, Oregyen said:

You seem to two-shot most of the ships in this game.

No, just almost-standing-still interceptors. Especially with those new tackler modules.