Improving the Rank 14 implants

Currently amongst the selection of Rank 14 implants only Gigas is a “competitive” or “viable” pick due to the typical link between crowd control  effects (CC) and major damage bursts. The other two choices; Albatross-II and SR-X simply do not measure up against _Gigas III _due to their lackluster effect.

This suggestion aims to bring the implant choices for Rank 14 up to viability without adjusting the implant Gigas III.

Current Gigas description.

Spoiler

e3DRdlm.jpg

Neuroconnector Albratross-II

Spoiler

PmJ2xX2.jpg

Currently this implant cloaks the player ship for a total of  1 second  and is only able to activate once every 240 seconds (4 minutes).

Current issues:

This implant activates regardless of player status - meaning it may activate whilst carrying a bomb in Sector Conquest or Detonation modes and forcing a drop when it activates. The implant also overall is extremely easy to ignore and doesn’t force opposing players to adapt to a sudden change as per Gigas III does when a debuff which has resulted in shield loss is suddenly stopped due to the implant’s operation.

Potential solution:

• Do not activate whilst carrying a bomb in Sector Conquest or in the ‘Detonation’ game mode
  • Increase invisibility duration to 3 seconds
  • Invisibility does not cease due to negative effects or player action (firing, using modules)

Neuroconnector SR-X

Spoiler

dqaQlum.jpg

Currently this implant increases hull damage resistance to all damage types by 100pts  and is only able to activate once every 240 seconds (4 minutes).

Current issues:

This implant currently has very little impact on gameplay due to the extremely short duration and average resistance bonus. This implant does not aid the player ship in surviving a sudden burst of damage as current burst damage setups are able to draw large bursts out for as long as 6 seconds with the implant not even aiding against high damage attacks as the shield needs to drop first in order for it to activate - meaning that overflowed damage from a single shot stripping the shield won’t be checked through the extra 100pts.

Potential solution:

• Increase resistance duration to 5 seconds
  • Increase bonus resistance amount to 150pts

Yeah that’s kind of abouts it. Justification for each “potential solution” is held within the “current issues”. These are my suggestions to increasing the viability of picking the implants SR-X and Albratross II.

You had me at 

45 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

implants

shut up and take my upvote

Increase resistance duration to 8 seconds

Might be a bit long would say 5 seconds is fine.

9 hours ago, Neoncreeper1MEDK said:

shut up and take my upvote

Might be a bit long would say 5 seconds is fine.

Mm, I’ll edit it - I put 8 as an extreme value to see if anyone had an issue with it (and here we are) but yeah 5 would be just as good. Anything is better than the current version.