Guard movement

Guards are now basically the slowest ships in the game simply because they have no reliable method to travel long distances efficiently.

Intys have warps and sheer speed. Fighters have warps and overdrives and cruise engines. Engis have warp gate and speed. LRF has teleports. Destroyers have speed capacitor and wormhole.

Guards have a temporary speed gradient increase that vanishes if you take damage and consumes hella energy and de-phases your shield.

They really should have some method of getting around that doesn’t rely on being outside of battle and actually provides a stable speed boost. I was originally thinking of some form of warp, but I’m not sure about that. What they really need is something like cruise engine, but maybe not quite the same. Maybe a “double tap to activate”  mod that allows them to greatly increase their speed at the cost of firepower or something.

Anything to make them not slow as a constipated s***.

This topic is going to be painful xD

46 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

This topic is going to be painful xD

You know it

As a part-time guard player, I can confirm that Guards are fine. they already are as fast as tacklers and dont need any additional speed boost whatsoever. ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

12 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

As a part-time guard player, I can confirm that Guards are fine. they already are as fast as tacklers and dont need any additional speed boost whatsoever. ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

What crazy guard are you flying that can get around like a tackler

22 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

What crazy guard are you flying that can get around like a tackler

Every fed guard is faster than any jerry tackler. Every jerry guard is almost as fast as any jerry tackler.

Considering that fed guards can easily reach 400+m/s, I dont think that they require any further speed boosts.

The tankiest ships in the game have no reason to also be one of the fastest.

If you use guards and want to be fast, you have already many options: either chose a fed ship, stick to a command or engineer or equip something like ram attack.