FIX AI TARGETING

REALLY sick of being THE ONLY PERSON that the AI seems to be programmed to AIM at, regardless the ship, regardless the mode(ESPECIALLY in Spec Ops, where it LOVES to fire ALL the green orb s**t at ONLY me, locks ONLY me with 6+ of the green beams, and then fires 4-12 missiles at WHILE every teammate is still alive, THEN have dissectors ALWAYS following ME, and ONLY me around, while they’re active, even if I respawn, they STILL instantly target me as soon as I come back in, DURING the invulnerability period, and by then, when it ends i’m dead because 2+ dissectors focus me at the same time).  Fix it.  It should randomize how often it attacks the same person, not keep that person locked onto for all effing eternity.

The AI selects the most dangerous player. Or developers choosed your name. Alanthier, it sounds good!  ![:):](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/).png “:):”) Kidding. Sorry. Just look around. The other players also get the bullet from.

no believe me, I can be in THE LEAST threatening ship and am the only one who gets 3-4x the amount of crap fired at them

They prioritize targets alphabetically in the code, so your name starting with an “A” does you no favors.
Your best bet is running for cover and hiding in a hole for the entire match to grant your allies “easy mode” and assure a 100% rate of victory.

Name starts with S in game actually, Forum name is different from in game name, since your original name is Pilot#####(you get the point) so the name in game different, because I made a forum account later.

My guess is, it’s filtering players by range and damage output to deal with the damage dealers first and then kill off the rest.

It also matters if you attack it first, or deal the most damage in the shortest period of time, if that happens that bot and others around it will go aggro on you, much like a swarm mentality, so either use stealthy ways to deal with them: LRFs, Tacklers or Covert Ops, and don’t forget the flares.

Use it as an avantage for your team.

Fix AI targeting??? It is fixed already. All weapons are fixed on you…  ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

45 minutes ago, Sinaka said:

Fix AI targeting??? It is fixed already. All weapons are fixed on you…  ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

Tru lol.

And I have the same problem. Could be 5 allies closer to the targets than me and they all shoot at me. Any mode any time. No idea why it happens.

4 hours ago, Weylin29651 said:

They prioritize targets alphabetically in the code, so your name starting with an “A” does you no favors.

That was never the case, it’s either the closest or the highest damaging target. The AI is stupid because it just has 100% precision. It does not use modules wisely or do things like maneuver around you to make you not able to hit them. They just fly straight at you and hit, that’s it.

I would more say the AI acts in “who was spoted 1st” orders. I notice most of the time that i only get targeted as “main” when the AI can see me. If a AI has no LoS (Line of Sight) i only get attacked by those who had this. They may switch if they lose me for some seconds (5-10) but when i enter it again they switch directly back.

But how exactly their LoS mechanic works is still a mystery for me cus if a PvE round starts i´m sometimes in front and sometimes at back spawn point and the targeting is always another one and not directly me.

In terms of the Spec Ops Bio Dessie and Bio Defiler i have no idea how these emitters and everything exactly work. Cus sometimes i don´t get attack at all (when in range of just 1000 and less) and sometimes i get everything at the same time haha.

Also dissectors wont attack you if you are at the same elevation as dessie. Going above or under will focus its “rape beams” immediately.

5 hours ago, OmegaFighter said:

That was never the case, it’s either the closest or the highest damaging target. The AI is stupid because it just has 100% precision. It does not use modules wisely or do things like maneuver around you to make you not able to hit them. They just fly straight at you and hit, that’s it.

I was joking about the alphabetical order thing.
The AI does take evasive action, well, after they are hit they strafe and roll to make it harder to lead them since the curving action makes the lead indicator spot invalid.

Here’s how the AI targeting works.

If you shoot them, they will all shoot at you.

If they shoot you, they will all shoot at you.

The key is simple. Destroy each ship, starting with the ship with the highest damage output and lowest survivability - then attack the rest of them.

If you can’t take them all down, either get away from them and hide out for a while, or approach them with a large group.

All of the AI will focus fire - that is just in their programming, so your squad should be able to do the same thing and better than they can.

With that being said, I hate AI lasers. >_<

1 hour ago, Weylin29651 said:

The AI does take evasive action, well, after they are hit they strafe and roll to make it harder to lead them since the curving action makes the lead indicator spot invalid.

It’s the same maneuver, all of them, all ships do the same. Is that proper AI? Do like a half circle with strafe is proper ‘evasive maneuvers’? The AI of this game is prolly 5 lines of code.

4 hours ago, Vesperion said:

I would more say the AI acts in “who was spoted 1st” orders. I notice most of the time that i only get targeted as “main” when the AI can see me. If a AI has no LoS (Line of Sight) i only get attacked by those who had this. They may switch if they lose me for some seconds (5-10) but when i enter it again they switch directly back.

But how exactly their LoS mechanic works is still a mystery for me cus if a PvE round starts i´m sometimes in front and sometimes at back spawn point and the targeting is always another one and not directly me.

In terms of the Spec Ops Bio Dessie and Bio Defiler i have no idea how these emitters and everything exactly work. Cus sometimes i don´t get attack at all (when in range of just 1000 and less) and sometimes i get everything at the same time haha.

This is not true, for I can be nowhere in the LoS of enemies(especially suppressors/commanders in pve) and I will still be instantly focused the moment I come into sight, even if someone else was already blasting the living crap out of it prior to me appearing.  By this I mean, they literally WON’T fire at the person who’s blasting the hell out of their ship, they wait for me to come into sight and unleash all hell specifically on me.

1 hour ago, Shotan said:

Here’s how the AI targeting works.

If you shoot them, they will all shoot at you.

If they shoot you, they will all shoot at you.

The key is simple. Destroy each ship, starting with the ship with the highest damage output and lowest survivability - then attack the rest of them.

If you can’t take them all down, either get away from them and hide out for a while, or approach them with a large group.

All of the AI will focus fire - that is just in their programming, so your squad should be able to do the same thing and better than they can.

With that being said, I hate AI lasers. >_<

Wrong, here’s how they work:

Game starts

They choose the 1 person, and 1 person only to focus, who isn’t the most threatening with damage, but also isn’t the weakest in terms of survivability, and who doesn’t even attack them.

They then lock ONLY onto that person, and will not target anyone else with primary/missiles regardless if they’re right in front of them or not.

Even if the target they are locked onto dies, they will instantly re lock that target if they reconstruct.

Long story short, bad programming.

Swear if I have to make vids proving that they don’t lock other ppl 99% of the time, I will(as soon as Nvidia stops screwing up their updates, damn graphics crash randomly and have done so for the past month, even rolling back to prior versions/uninstalling and reinstalling to that version doesn’t fix it).

I sometimes got all the lazers going for me.  Used to happen if you stay out of cover when everyone else is in cover.  Have to destroy those emitters then they can’t shoot you :slight_smile:

Generally the shield blinks too fast for the lazor emitters to actually start tracking anyone while I’m playing. It spawns them, then deactivates them. Bam bam.

Thiygh as for the permanent Dissector things that kill destroyers in 5 seconds, now those just do whatever the hell they want. They seem to be a slowly tracking sort of AI that randomly swings back and forth around near you and your allies. I’ve seen multiple of them target the same person on many occasions. Generally they are only very effective on large, slow targets.