Deconstructor Still Overpowered

Title says it all ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

Deconstructor Cannon for Covert Ops is far better than other guns of the for the same role.

My friend and I tried all Covert Ops guns a ~month or so ago and it shined far more than the counterparts. 

Closest was Shrapnel Cannon but it lacked in a key aspect

• Explosion Range

Proposed Solutions

• Remove Explosion
  • Nerf by ~15%

Explosion guns should not exist on this class anyways, really shows the lack of skill now… 

Don’t pretend energy to fire is the cost of it either, energy issues are easy to fix.

It also is extremely overpowered for the rank bonus as well, something about a 1000 normal 1800/crit hit with Joker assault rail gun against a well build ronin doesn’t sound right… 

![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

[@Deelena](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/261527-deelena/)

It is not that Deconstructor is OP, it is that pretty much every other interceptor weapon is bad and need a buff.

3 hours ago, Snerpes said:

Proposed Solutions

• Remove Explosion
  • Nerf by ~15%

agreed, an interceptor shouldn’t have that sort of firepower

3 hours ago, xKostyan said:

It is not that Deconstructor is OP, it is that pretty much every other interceptor weapon is bad and need a buff.

For once I can actually agree with you on that

33 minutes ago, evo888 said:

agreed, an interceptor shouldn’t have that sort of firepower

That’s not the case persay, it’s a covert ops

17 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

For once I can actually agree with you on that

They wont buff every gun, so it stands to reason it needs to be nerfed.

23 minutes ago, Snerpes said:

RF blaster is made redundant by plasma gun as it has mediocre fire rate, sub-par damage, lower crit modifier and higher spread.

Shrapnel cannon is next to useless over 150 ping, has too higher spread and too lower projectile speed.

Pulse laser has too shorter range and too shorter overheat.

None of them need major buffs. Just tweaking.

52 minutes ago, Snerpes said:

That made zero sense

42 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

That made zero sense

It makes perfect sense.

If the developers will not buff every interceptor weapon, then it stands to reason Deconstructor will need to be nerfed.

You said it yourself, ‘it is that pretty much every other interceptor weapon is bad and need a buff’

If they won’t do that then… boom.

Technology only improves. Makes sense that old stuff would be given new life as things progress. Though really FB is the only inty weapon I really fear now. And that’s only because I fly mostly slower ships.

2 hours ago, Snerpes said:

It makes perfect sense.

If the developers will not buff every interceptor weapon, then it stands to reason Deconstructor will need to be nerfed.

You said it yourself, ‘it is that pretty much every other interceptor weapon is bad and need a buff’

so if 9 out of 10 guns are bad, and practically not usable on a CovOps, than it makes perfect sense to nerf the only usable weapon so, CovOps have no guns to use! 

latest?cb=20120716225309

Deconstructor still op? Glad to know my covops is still easy farm, thanks.

11 hours ago, Snerpes said:

It makes perfect sense.

Okay so you’d rather kill the covops class entirely, because it’d be the easier thing to do?

42 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

Okay so you’d rather kill the covops class entirely, because it’d be the easier thing to do?

If without those two overpowered weapons class is considered ‘useless’ then it’s the problem with class in the very core. FB and Deconstructor are rather fine if left themselves, but Covops have Orion that causes every number tweaked matter because that small xxxx ship ditch 2x damage for short while.
There is no reason for Deconstructor to have highier damage than other weapons. FB at least greatly reduces firing angles so you can strafe away (not saying that FB is fine because its not. With Orion it can outdps Meson for short while). This thing has freedom in shooting, accuracy is good with only drawback of slow projectile.
On paper it has similar dps to Phase suppressor, but in reality it doesnt matter when the gun is kinetic with shield piercing secondary effect.

Covops class was never useless. Now it just went overboard.

2 hours ago, Rob40468 said:

There is no reason for Deconstructor to have highier damage than other weapons. FB at least greatly reduces firing angles so you can strafe away (not saying that FB is fine because its not. With Orion it can outdps Meson for short while). This thing has freedom in shooting, accuracy is good with only drawback of slow projectile.

Yes there is a reason: All other guns have really xxxx dps, that don’t fit a ship, that is meant to fulfill an assassin role.

9 hours ago, Rob40468 said:

Covops class was never useless. Now it just went overboard.

It was, and right befor the fleet update CovOps were easily the most pointless class in the game, even a Cutter.

CovOps are about single target dmg via main gun, get in and get out, and if there are no guns that do any significant dmg in some arbitrary period of time, the class has nothing else to offer, except suicide nuke runs in Dreads.

Indeed, they were only good against single targets, whenever there was a frigball going on the most they could do was poking assuming they would also get out alive, plasma web is supposed to be a finisher but if the enemy was smart and wouldn’t get too far away from his team in the first place he would get healed up right away, the reactor overload is also useless, only good for suicide runs but once again, if the enemy is smart they would wait for the ability to run out then kill you, the adaptive camo would give you a window of attack, but it would work either when initiating, leaving you vulnerable when you would run away, or the other way around, leaving you vulnerable when attacking, making it possible to kill you even before you would do anything, assuming the enemy would stop firing after you as soon as you become invisible and not get revealed by a microlocator or tagged by spy drones beforehand, the camo is the only defence against debuffs if we put aside the IR Flares with the 8b implant which would work only against engine debuffs, it’s the class with the least survivability, even recons have a way of draining shields, or multiplicating themselves, and ECMs are tankier by default, they would mostly shine in interceptor dogfights but outside of any team’s influence.

The gun is mostly op because its strapped to op ships with weird low rank buffs like the cutter.

Responding to this again; is freaking OP as all hell. I just got 2 shot, twice, while spawning, before I could even react, with 50% kinetic resistance and 10k hull, excluding shields, total surv is ~25k don’t know why its saying 14k when it should be 16k.

I went into a custom, with every other gun, and none came close.

Deconstructor needs to get in line with the other guns, the devs WILL NOT UPDATE THE REST! 

Sick of this meta bullshiz  with rank bonus abusing.

Pictures were taken inside on granite with an energy based build, I can survive 2 sniper shots directly and still have shield, not a deconstructor, totally balanced. 

It’s totally balanced to be 2 shot in less than 2 seconds by cutter that just quantum’s out because thats how the game works now.

20180806111019_1.jpg.e5c830f58a30eda06a17f4b073553095.jpg

20180806110801_1.jpg.45da1f5d813ed660eb35067e9b34bf34.jpg

13 hours ago, Snerpes said:

Responding to this again; is freaking OP as all hell. I just got 2 shot, twice, while spawning, before I could even react, with 50% kinetic resistance and 10k hull, excluding shields, total surv is ~25k don’t know why its saying 14k when it should be 16k.

I went into a custom, with every other gun, and none came close.

Deconstructor needs to get in line with the other guns, the devs WILL NOT UPDATE THE REST! 

Sick of this meta bullshiz  with rank bonus abusing.

Pictures were taken inside on granite with an energy based build, I can survive 2 sniper shots directly and still have shield, not a deconstructor, totally balanced. 

It’s totally balanced to be 2 shot in less than 2 seconds by cutter that just quantum’s out because thats how the game works now.

20180806111019_1.jpg.e5c830f58a30eda06a17f4b073553095.jpg

20180806110801_1.jpg.45da1f5d813ed660eb35067e9b34bf34.jpg

It’s range is about 2000m. Just don’t let them get too close to you.  ![:012j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/012j.png “:012j:”)

What ship were you using, what setup did you have, how did he kill you through spawn invincibility… give us data so we can reproduce…

My deconstructor never exceeded 5k damage (except when being in the weak zone of a destroyer)