Communications priority, (Voice chat.)

Personally I rather have in game voice chat specific to the squads. It eliminates idots of the whole team and allows you to focus on helping your squad mates. 

Indeed.

I believe if something like this was done. THEN when you hit tab to view people’s score’s etc, if they are being dumb yelling out nothing but BACON crap over the mic, there should be a feature to individually mute players. NOT mute everybody with one click, just have a mute volume for each player in the match. 

I believe if something like this was done. THEN when you hit tab to view people’s score’s etc, if they are being dumb yelling out nothing but BACON crap over the mic, there should be a feature to individually mute players. NOT mute everybody with one click, just have a mute volume for each player in the match. 

Well, that was already implied when we say “mute.” Of course we mean individual mute, it would be stupid if we meant otherwise…

true true lol

yup, the push to mute “all currently talking” is just for the 1 jack @$$ who has to play music and flood the whole team with that crap, or is screaming bacon lol.  its the quick fix for when your in a dog fight only. Otherwise ya, press tab and click or unclick mute on target.

one click one kill

: )

“All your bases are belong to us”

-Cats

well, it’s both a yes and a no, but more of a yes

yes because at least part of the team will understand what you’re telling them, no because now a guy talks in english, the next in german, the next in russian, the next in spanish and the next in halabunga (whatever that is)

Personally I rather have in game voice chat specific to the squads. It eliminates idots of the whole team and allows you to focus on helping your squad mates. 

or just the ability to individually mute people, still works

from time to time there could be funny chat recorded for youtube, just sayin’ (for an example check VanossGaming on youtube - channel - i subbed just for all their chat reactions and stuff for a laugh), i’m sure i’d scream out funny crap when i achieve something crazy, like killing the enemy cap in the last 3 seconds and winning from a kill ratio loss (happened today, but no record)

Bear in mind that in-game voice wont necessarily improve communication with everyone. I know that our corp would perma-mute everyone / the voice-chat in-game and stick with our own Teamspeak server.

If we wanted to hear high-pitched teen voices scream verbal diarrhea at us, we’d simply lift our age requirement for membership to WPK.

In addition to that, there are corps which recruit only players from a specific country, so in-game voice would be filled with people speaking German/French/other languages at you as well.

TL;DR: If implemented, don’t make it mandatory and allow us to turn it off entirely.

*Edited*

Hey there! Sorry to stop you short, but advertising on these forums is strictly prohibited, as is the posting of links that direct users to sites for advertising purposes.

Thank you for your spam, now GTFO.

youre_barred.jpg

Hello I’m Jen Diamond

you can put a background image design if you want … any pic

only picture I want is yours babe. PM me.

Hey there! Sorry to stop you short, but advertising on these forums is strictly prohibited, as is the posting of links that direct users to sites for advertising purposes.

You do know that you are answering to

1. a bot

or

1. person who came in only once to post it, and never gonna come back to read it?

Everyone who is using internet should have developed a spam filter in their brains to automatically know not to waste a split second on these kind of things.

You do know that you are answering to

1. a bot

or

1. person who came in only once to post it, and never gonna come back to read it?

Everyone who is using internet should have developed a spam filter in their brains to automatically know not to waste a split second on these kind of things.

Fair enough.

hm,

squad or corp based ingame voice is useless in my opinion. Dedicated corps have a voice server running already. And squads in terms of the game for pvp are most of the time (only a guess) part of the same corp. (PVE doesnt count :beee: , nearly no experience in)

I miss the possibilty the yell for help, or to ask for focused fire in the way Kine described a few posts above.

Typing in chat while attacking is nearly impossible.

Its also important to specify your voice target:

if i say: “plz someone help me with this frigate” - only a very few, if any, pilots are responding.

if i say “hey kine, hey sabre, help me to get this annoying frigate out” - the chance is higher too triple the damage on that desired target.

(names are only taken for example, to make things clear)

So in one sentence (if tl;dr): match-based side-global voice chat would be nice, including all these functions to organize and mute silly voice “actors”.

Why not speech recognition along with translation software?  Also, for squads, the catch is there may be other players in the match who would join in on the plan but they can’t help because you’re not talking to them.  If it’s speech recognition, it’s just like in game chat, but hands free.  As for translation software, every time I see someone typing russian, I just have to hope that me and him have the same idea.  That’s generally not what happens.

If I’m rushing to a station to drop a nuke, which I may decide depending on how hot the station is, I can’t rush forward at full speed and type “stay back from Station A, I’m dropping a nuke” so all my teammates can stay alive.

In Star Battle matches, setting up your strategy for 6 ships is usually done via party chat, if its an inhouse game. A premade team vs. team game is usually handled by mixing the group chat and the teamspeak rooms. The community is self established and filled multiple ts servers in its peak times, and it worked perfectly to keep gameplay evolving.

Same goes for Eve. You usually write things into the team chat, like being ready or stuff where you dont want to disturb the conversation. You chat with foreign people or write stuff into public out of sheer boredom.

Both of these games are highly strategical, with SB being a MOBA and eve being an mmo.

Both of these games feature a built in system for voice chat, and nobody really uses it

In both of these games ts3 is mostly used, sometimes mumble, sometimes ventrilo.

I saw, Star Conflict custom matches is handled the same: many chat in setting up the match, while teams use ts to talk to their team. The strategy (what ships to chose for your deck) is usually talked over before you hit the start button, and when your ships are in battle, the rest is simply talking about specifics.

I dont know if Captains and similar roles are already evolved in this game yet.

The only games I so far encountered, which used ingame chat to actually make sense, is Arma games, like DayZ or Takistan:Life. Here, talk is absolutely necessary to survive, and part of the gameplay, and therefore, while you STILL use teamspeak to coordinate your team, you use direct comms for resolving small issues, like, should I shoot this poor son of a small-lady-dog or give him a bandage.

While nobody usually feels, voice chat is important in CS:S, the nerd rage there is part of the scenery. Still, the only game again using the voice to a higher extent is Trouble in Terrorist Town, which I consider the birthplace of Napoleon Syndrome, and shows that there is even a game, where talking sh*t makes you successful.

TL;DR

Therefore, since I think TS is already here, I vote No.

But I really loved the video to this topic.

And it is true, since squads are limited to 4, in a non-prepared match, there is little means of communication if such groups meet. There is however also no lobby in which players can talk while they wait for the game to start, not even the chance to even out the teams manually in a random match, since the matchmaking is in charge. I would like to see some changes there, but I dont think, voice is going to solve the gap “between the teams and soloers”, because at the moment of match, it is already too late and all you will hear is blabla *turn it off*

Please note that we now have a public teamspeak where any player can meet and talk to his pre-organised squad even when they are not in the same corporation.

teamspeak.star-conflict.co.uk

Bump. 

Voice chat is a pretty standard feature for all MMOs these days. Why not SC?

It would be much easier to get healers, ecms and long range destroyers to form a pretty hard tight squad…

I wouldn’t want to hear multilingual shouts during the game.

And I can bet the elitist kind will pull their hair yelling stuff like “OMG WHAT ARE YOU DOING N00B TEAM”

A better idea would be to allow different kind of in-game pings instead of just eyes-on (although its hard to imagine an easy way to implement such thing and its interactions)

So n00b gets replaced with Ace when you post it? What in the…

I feel the lack of a default of pings being logged in chat a major signal against teamwork.  Pings are the sole international teamwork communication method.  It used to be three options, but only one was used.  Now it’s only one, and weakened a little more.