Butchers in Defence Contract and Fire Support are OP

On 03/19/2016 at 6:10 AM, LIBERTY said:

Yes you did, Sinaka. You totally won with this. Love it.

And to the OP, it’s about two things - your skill and how you fit your ship.

I have my R8 destroyer going 300+ m/s and literally flying circles around butchers - not getting touched. An officer in our squadron has his R8 as a slow, lumbering shield-mammoth that just tanks the EM. Even so, he still knows to keep moving around and not just sit there taking it.

One of the things I notice in many pilots in PVE (and I’m not saying this is you) is that they don’t move around enough. They stay stationary firing at a target and some don’t even move as that line of blue pearls is slowly moving their direction. I say it all the time - keep moving, keep your distance, rotate and STRAFE!

Lol strafe in a destroyer :slight_smile:

7 hours ago, Alanthier said:

I disagree with you on Tummy needing to build properly.  With that much EM resistance, no AI ship should be able to destroy you(especially with a guard friggate) in less than 3 seconds.  Same goes for the Turrets that the Cruiser itself uses, same EM weapon.  Broken beyond all belief.  Player version of that turret does nowhere near as much damage as fast, nor can it travel anywhere near as far.  it does need serious rebalancing.

You obviously do not know how resistances and AI balance work in this game.

Also, what the hell is with the necroing nowadays? Seriously people?

43 minutes ago, Mecronmancer said:

Also, what the hell is with the necroing nowadays? Seriously people?

When you’re not good with numbers, not mastering dates seems the natural way of development hahaha

the AI’s versions of the singularity cannon, IS in fact, way too overpowered.  It DOES need rebalancing, but that would make too much sense.  T2 of the defense contracts/fire support are a lot more difficult than T1/3, so obviously they had no idea what they were doing nor thinking when they programmed these modes.

13 hours ago, Alanthier said:

the AI’s versions of the singularity cannon, IS in fact, way too overpowered.  It DOES need rebalancing, but that would make too much sense.  T2 of the defense contracts/fire support are a lot more difficult than T1/3, so obviously they had no idea what they were doing nor thinking when they programmed these modes.

I disagree. You have what - up to 2 Butchers in Fire Support and up to 4 in Defense Contract and those are the only ships that pose a threat to the player. In highest difficulty they are doing ~6k per shot, which actually is on par with crit build gunship but with much slower projectile speed. If I can dodge that in LRF, anyone can dodge it. So what you proposing is to nerf the only challenge in those missions, cause it’s too difficult to focus fire on highest threat on the map and move a little to avoid being hit by a 200m/s flying ball. 

Oh - and regarding the cruiser. It’s turrets have a range of 5500m. You are welcome.

Well, the butcher does 10k em damage even with high resists on em, but the projectiles are veeery slow so you have that going for ya at least.

maybe i just played too much pvp, but pve is really easy with the right build and if you move/evade and use cover as you do in pvp. Even r11-15 pve becomes easy at that point. Take a good built destroyer and you can solo some missions even on hard.

Nonetheless, I don’t recommend a further increase in pve diffuculty, because already enough players dying all the time in that difficulty. I think it’s fine as is atm.

9 hours ago, OwnageMaster said:

I disagree. You have what - up to 2 Butchers in Fire Support and up to 4 in Defense Contract and those are the only ships that pose a threat to the player. In highest difficulty they are doing ~6k per shot, which actually is on par with crit build gunship but with much slower projectile speed. If I can dodge that in LRF, anyone can dodge it. So what you proposing is to nerf the only challenge in those missions, cause it’s too difficult to focus fire on highest threat on the map and move a little to avoid being hit by a 200m/s flying ball. 

Oh - and regarding the cruiser. It’s turrets have a range of 5500m. You are welcome.

And I disagree with you.  In the highest difficulty, they do LESS damage than they do in the 2nd highest difficulty.  The shots always hit your hull/shield even when you DO dodge because of the round shape of the shields, and due to the fact that shields always try to regenerate, it transfers damage from the shield that the shield was not able to absorb, directly to the hull.  

And the cruiser has more than a 5500m range, that thing aims at me from well outside of 6500m.  I’ve got a destroyer with a 7100+ range and it still aims at me from beyond that, and hits me.

3 hours ago, Alanthier said:

And I disagree with you.  In the highest difficulty, they do LESS damage than they do in the 2nd highest difficulty.  The shots always hit your hull/shield even when you DO dodge because of the round shape of the shields, and due to the fact that shields always try to regenerate, it transfers damage from the shield that the shield was not able to absorb, directly to the hull.  

And the cruiser has more than a 5500m range, that thing aims at me from well outside of 6500m.  I’ve got a destroyer with a 7100+ range and it still aims at me from beyond that, and hits me.

No he’s right turret range is arround 5500-5850m, and butcher projectile are really easy to dodge, just don’t get too close to him.

But I do agree that sometime (if not always to me) ai just keep focusing on 1 target, even if another player is closer… I for a very long time, try to know how the ai targeting work I found few thing but I still think it’s random:

-your main  gun dps

-your level

-seen as the highest potential treat, so ai will try to take you out first

• if you are the first to inflict dmg 

-if your are closer

On 02/11/2016 at 0:48 AM, RennieAshII said:

Lol strafe in a destroyer :slight_smile:

Destroyers can strafe  ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

19 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Destroyers can strafe  ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Sirius can strafe, siriusly tho. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Imagine if you could drift in Star Conflict, like turning inertial dampeners off in other games. 

Whole new battles incoming ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

4 hours ago, millanbel said:

Imagine if you could drift in Star Conflict, like turning inertial dampeners off in other games. 

It is actually pretty bad and extremely annoying to play with.

29 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

It is actually pretty bad and extremely annoying to play with.

Oh really? It looks cool in videos, and I’ve only ever tried something like that in Space Engineers where it worked quite well. I guess it doesn’t transfer well to a shooter game then

24 minutes ago, millanbel said:

Oh really? It looks cool in videos, and I’ve only ever tried something like that in Space Engineers where it worked quite well. I guess it doesn’t transfer well to a shooter game then

No I mean in Star Conflict specificaly

18 hours ago, Alanthier said:

3 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

No I mean in Star Conflict specificaly

It depend, in x3 reunion it work pretty well, I think in sc that would be very annoying on interceptor mostly ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

45 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

It depend, in x3 reunion it work pretty well, I think in sc that would be very annoying on interceptor mostly ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

What a great game “x”, too bad they dumped a big c**p on the brand with the last one.

But it was not that easy to control stuffs like on sc. 

24 minutes ago, Spongejohn said:

What a great game “x”, too bad they dumped a big c**p on the brand with the last one.

But it was not that easy to control stuffs like on sc. 

Yup that too bad, apparently that get forced to release it cause they took too long to do it (game scale all that stuff).  I prefer stay on terran conflict, It’s way more fun to play with the script console  and some mods ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)