Archangel changes

The “Nerf” to this module only made it stronger ime. To properly “fix” this beast, I propose that a few changes be made.

-Make it fire sequentially. (one missile at a time)

This is more of a “feel” change, but it also would help lessen the blow to Wolfhound pilots by giving more missiles a chance to hit the target if it is lost.

-Make them rockets.

This is for a number of reasons, but mostly because currently this module takes zero skill to use effectively. Requiring the user to properly aim the missiles would be a nice change, and force them to chose between aiming the weapons, or the missiles. Not both.

That’s it.

Feel free to comment opinions and other proposed changes.

(And yes I do have and use a Wolfhound, so you can’t say I haven’t tried it.)

That is not going to fix the underlying problem.

With these changes people that are not good enough to use wolfh ain’t gonna use after. But those that good enough players, will hardly be affected.

4 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

That is not going to fix the underlying problem.

With these changes people that are not good enough to use wolfh ain’t gonna use after. But those that good enough players, will hardly be affected.

I’d still rather it be “weapons or missiles” rather than “weapons and missiles”

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I’d still rather it be “weapons or missiles” rather than “weapons and missiles”

i have no idea what you mean

So fire the missiles, but not be able to use the weapons? What would be the point in it being an overdrive then? The only thing you wouldn’t be able to use is the firerate increase, which is kind of the whole reason for having that module.

Only solution for me is to lower the damage, you just can’t have any high risk/high reward modules anymore, because the moment you use something right, it will make it seem overpowered because there are so many people that can’t play the game properly, everything just needs to have low damage, and hit consistently, skill won’t be rewarding, but you will still need it.

3 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

So fire the missiles, but not be able to use the weapons? What would be the point in it being an overdrive then? The only thing you wouldn’t be able to use is the firerate increase, which is kind of the whole reason for having that module.

Only solution for me is to lower the damage, you just can’t have any high risk/high reward modules anymore, because the moment you use something right, it will make it seem overpowered because there are so many people that can’t play the game properly, everything just needs to have low damage, and hit consistently, skill won’t be rewarding, but you will still need it.

You could stil fire weapons but would have to chose to either aim the missiles (unguided) or weapons. The overdrive feature is fine. It’s just the missiles that are a little too stronk.

3 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

a) there is kinda zero risk in this module, for a very high reward

b) the only high risk high reward module that is in a game is a Plasma Arc

5 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

You could stil fire weapons but would have to chose to either aim the missiles (unguided) or weapons. The overdrive feature is fine. It’s just the missiles that are a little too stronk.

a) right now dmg is not high enough for “Unguided” type

b) making it unguided means that only really good players will be using it, and will still utilize next to full potential, 

So statistically, on average you drop the usage of the ship, yet it’s power will not be changed if anything it will be even stronger, because with unguided you will be able to use it in a dogfight, while right now you can not

Unguided still launched from the wings of the ship like it is now. Just the same but without homing capabilities.

33 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Unguided still launched from the wings of the ship like it is now. Just the same but without homing capabilities.

You do realize that pretty much every single module that is a unguided and hard mounted is useless in this game?

How to balance it:

One:

• Just remove “Fire Rate Bonus”, and keep the “Missiles Salvo Capability”.

Two:

• Just remove “Missile Salvo Capability”, and keep the “Fire Rate Bonus”.

15 minutes ago, aldermatias said:

How to balance it:

One:

• Just remove “Fire Rate Bonus”, and keep the “Missiles Salvo Capability”.

Two:

• Just remove “Missile Salvo Capability”, and keep the “Fire Rate Bonus”.

1st not going to solve a problem

2nd will make it just another piranha b2

Where is the fun in that?

53 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

1st not going to solve a problem

How much damage this thing deals? If problem is the damage, just reduce it to something comparable to Overdrive.

53 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

2nd will make it just another piranha b2

Where is the fun in that?

It’s a Gunship after all. If you want another Class, just say it.

3 minutes ago, aldermatias said:

How much damage this thing deals? If problem is the damage, just reduce it to something comparable to Overdrive.

So if you are not sure about specifics of the module at question nor sure what is its problem, how can you suggest balance changes to make it better?

7 minutes ago, aldermatias said:

It’s a Gunship after all. If you want another Class, just say it.

Perhaps you should take a closer look at existing ships and see the variety of special modules within a class.

28 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

So if you are not sure about specifics of the module at question nor sure what is its problem,

I don’t see problem in the missiles, it was a matter of time until they added “missile special module” to the game, if the problem is the missile, just keep your ship next to a cover and any kind of missile is useless (basic fly tips). In my opinion, the combination missile + overdrive is much more hard to deal.

36 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Perhaps you should take a closer look at existing ships and see the variety of special modules within a class.

Thar’Ga Overdrive “equivalents” are useless and don’t make much sense for a Gunship, Tai’Kin and Waz’Got have good “equivalents” but I would prefer much more new classes rather than this kind of content. They probably do this for copy paste the active modules and less work.

“Bomber” class would be cool.

4 minutes ago, aldermatias said:

I don’t see problem in the missiles, it was a matter of time until they added “missile special module” to the game, if the problem is the missile, just keep your ship next to a cover and any kind of missile is useless (basic fly tips).

You can not hide behind a cover through the whole game, ships with higher speed and agility will dictate when engagement happens, unless there is a forced choke point like a Beacon Hunt in closed quarters where fast and agile have no choice but go there if they want to capture an objective.

6 minutes ago, aldermatias said:

Thar’Ga Overdrive “equivalents” are useless and don’t make much sense for a Gunship, Tai’Kin and Waz’Got have good “equivalents” but I would prefer much more new classes rather than this kind of content. They probably do this for copy paste the active modules and less work.

Yet these and some others are alternative special modules within the same class, so nothing new on a wolfhound really

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

“Bomber” class would be cool.

Interceptors
Fighters
Bombers
Frigates
Swarm
Destroyers

Carriers
Cruisers
Dreadnoughts

Definitely would be cool!

I’d just decrease the damage by about 30%. Problem solved. Mostly.