AI Mode Vs Dreads

This seems like a good idea. Seems simple enough to ad. I am all for a new map to play. Good luck, but this game is super hard. It always gets harder. 

On 9/10/2016 at 0:47 AM, MassHomicide said:

Its pretty simple. Dread battles, but in vs ai. The purpose of this would be to get players familiar with the mode. Its amazing how many players have never played the mode. It would a lot easier to explain strategies once these players have had a few rounds.

The only difference would be both sides would have the same Dread. One would be the ai, The other would be the humans just as all the other vs ai maps. The mode should be able to be queued specifically. Maybe a 4th option to add to the 3 you already have. You guys are the devs, I am sure you all can figure it all out.

I am sure a lot of fresh players would enjoy the mode. While giving them a chance against the more experienced players when they finally play the real mode.

Suggested this exact thing once, except for AI part, but slightly better:

18 hours ago, Koromac said:

Suggested this exact thing once, except for AI part, but slightly better:

Custom battles is a waste of space. No rewards equals no point in trying. I don’t see ho wit is better. That’s why I suggested adding it as a PVE map, or a VS AI map.

I want every one to be experienced in this mode. So when i say do something they know what I am trying to say. I am so terrible at explaining things while in battle to others, especially when atm I barely have a clue as to what I am doing.

Dreadnoughts already exist as PvE Map.
And as Kost already said: You don’t need anything else more.
>>Custom battles is a waste of space. No rewards equals no point in trying.<<
This particular one remind me that you just try to find a cheesy way to farm.
This topic should be closed as all is already said and nothing is added with such a request.

3 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

Dreadnoughts already exist as PvE Map.
And as Kost already said: You don’t need anything else more.
>>Custom battles is a waste of space. No rewards equals no point in trying.<<
This particular one remind me that you just try to find a cheesy way to farm.
This topic should be closed as all is already said and nothing is added with such a request.

I don’t need to farm, I have nearly every thing, and a mode as this would not help me any more than any other mode as for farming. I don’t see how farming is relevant to this.

The issue I have is no one has played the mode because its next to impossible to get a match in it. I only have one opportunity to play this map a day, and many days I can’t even play that one time slot due to my real life. Its takes about an hour and a half between announce, and waiting and actual play time for one battle.

The reason for custom was to allow people to pick their maps, but some found a way to abuse it. They ruined what was a good mode. If layers get nothing from it then there is no point. If its one of their regular stomping grounds, then when they play the real mode which is so rare they will know what to do.

At this time I am not able to play as much as iw as a week ago. Work is picking up, even more reason to add this a pve map or vs ai. 

I am nobody. I only wasted $3000 which should allow me some designs votes. To show what some other games give you for spending in them like I have here. Not that I want to have a dinner, but a tee shirt would be nice.

57dbde94997b3_designvotes.JPG.c9778262a58af3314a083bfec448dcb2.JPG

TBH - dread training is not that bad idea, but I would like to see it more like a sector on the Galactic map which is defended only with AI ships and cannot be conquered, like Training Grounds opened 24 hours a day. However as this is probably hard to implement - I think custom battle would be easier to implement. 

" Custom battles is a waste of space. No rewards equals no point in trying. " Then there is no point in flying dreads either. I would suggest this first to be implemented as a custom battle (should be easier), then maybe as a separate sector that cannot be taken. 

@Mass: Q.Q anywhere please.

If you want some credit, make crowdfounding!

Aside from that: Thanks for the support of this game.

If you don’t want rewards, Koromac’s suggestion is the best for your desire.

4 hours ago, niripas said:

TBH - dread training is not that bad idea, but I would like to see it more like a sector on the Galactic map which is defended only with AI ships and cannot be conquered, like Training Grounds opened 24 hours a day. However as this is probably hard to implement - I think custom battle would be easier to implement. 

" Custom battles is a waste of space. No rewards equals no point in trying. " Then there is no point in flying dreads either. I would suggest this first to be implemented as a custom battle (should be easier), then maybe as a separate sector that cannot be taken. 

I have played a few matches that were all bots on one side. The ending there is not loot for winning, but you still get credits and syn like any other pvp/pve match. This is the existing mode.

I don’t think its all that hard to implement. It would probably be easiest to add it as a PVE map. Drop this mode in one of the launch slots so every one can get experienced in this mode.  It would level the playing field. There is no sector to be captured. Its just a battle ground where the objective it is pretty much the same. We know almost no one plays custom due to lack of rewards.

I would support the idea if it were an empty mode with or without time restrictions. No AI, no action, no rewards, just there for a real-time showcase of what you can find and shoot on a dread in a dread battle. Sorry but it’s sector conquest and not sector give-away.

9 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

I would support the idea if it were an empty mode with or without time restrictions. No AI, no action, no rewards, just there for a real-time showcase of what you can find and shoot on a dread in a dread battle. Sorry but it’s sector conquest and not sector give-away.

Not asking for any give away. Just asking for it to added to give everyone a chance to learn the battlefield.  No one will play if they dont get their normal battle rewards like any other battle. Don’t see the problem. 

Thanks for your lack of support, some friend you turned out to be.

3 hours ago, MightyHoot said:

You don’t see any room for exploiting something like that idea of yours?

Nope. Don’t see people exploiting Fire support, spec ops vs ai. and so forth do you? Other than doing it over and over. Do the math and people would be least likely to farm this. The time it takes to run this and the rewards you get from it just don’t pan out. 20 minutes for about the same rewards i get in 3 to 7  minutes on a fire support run. You gotta be joking right. There is literally no difference in this vs the other modes except the map.

What this will do, is ruin it for you long termers where no N{}{}B has a chance atm.

13 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

4 hours ago, MassHomicide said:

Not asking for any give away. Just asking for it to added to give everyone a chance to learn the battlefield.  No one will play if they dont get their normal battle rewards like any other battle. Don’t see the problem. 

Thanks for your lack of support , some friend you turned out to be.

On 9/10/2016 at 6:47 AM, MassHomicide said:

Its pretty simple. Dread battles, but in vs ai. The purpose of this would be to get players familiar with the mode. Its amazing how many players have never played the mode. It would a lot easier to explain strategies once these players have had a few rounds.

The only difference would be both sides would have the same Dread. One would be the ai, The other would be the humans just as all the other vs ai maps. The mode should be able to be queued specifically. Maybe a 4th option to add to the 3 you already have. You guys are the devs, I am sure you all can figure it all out.

I am sure a lot of fresh players would enjoy the mode. While giving them a chance against the more experienced players when they finally play the real mode.

I literally said what you have said. You really get off with the smallest of issues. Yes I do support, don’t just read the last sentence of my reply and get offended, and NO rewards, sector conquest is meant to be a serious mode with serious rewards, you can’t just go in there and have a copy of the mode with AI and the rewards. Learning yes, rewarding no. 

18 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

I literally said what you have said. You really get off with the smallest of issues. Yes I do support, don’t just read the last sentence of my reply and get offended, and NO rewards, sector conquest is meant to be a serious mode with serious rewards, you can’t just go in there and have a copy of the mode with AI and the rewards. Learning yes, rewarding no. 

Capture the beacons used to be the way sector conquest was done. Long before that was the mode for sector conquest it was a pvp map. When it become the sector conquest mode, it was still the pvp map.

Maybe you are opposed to this having same rewards as PVP or vs ai cuz it would influence more players to play dreads after getting confident which would in turn reduce the chance of your corp capping sectors.

No one is gonna play it if there is zero rewards.

This game’s progression NERFED ENOUGH!!!

Either make peace with learning in such an empty mode or go risk it in the real one for the rewards. Fair game. 

12 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

I think Mass has a point. I don’t play custom because there is no rewards. Its so hard to progress in this game. I am not going to waste what little time I have to play on a battle that gives me nothing.

And again: Koromac suggested the right, but Mr. Awesome Mass don’t like it.

No reward and you can learn or NO MODE AT ALL.

You said reward doesn’t matter so STAY WITH IT.

23 minutes ago, Lord_Xenon said:

And again: Koromac suggested the right, but Mr. Awesome Mass don’t like it.

No reward and you can learn or NO MODE AT ALL.

You said reward doesn’t matter so STAY WITH IT.

BRkm0vw_700wa_0.gif

Custom battle dreadnought battles have been suggested time and time again, with players saying that dreadnoughts is too empty, nobody plays the game, there’s too few players doing anything… Well, great news! I have a full dreadnought wing in Polaris Inc performing attacks in Federation every night and it is working fine. Fowler Defence are competing against us and even players from BEAST and Gwiezdna Eskadra [PL] are partaking in this exercise.

The very thing you are forgetting about is that you are not giving newer players a chance, because it takes time to maximise your squad to the very best of its effectivity. Some players just simply are too weak in gear, do not have maximum synergy level ships, are focusing on a completely different objective and/or are just simply not interested. Perhaps if you were to do the same thing as I am doing in my corporation, maybe you’d have a little bit more activity and some further motivation to play the game and perform as a team, rather than see dreadnoughts as a task - I’ve even ditched defending my own sector for having fun in open space, to be honest - that way, when your team returns to dreadnoughts, you’ll have a fresh palette of inspiration.

As for dreadnoughts vs AI… This should not be made a thing. If you desire to play against AI, there’s a game mode that allows you to do so. You’ll go against bots in different scenarios, all scenarios of which are relative to gameplay styles of all kinds of tactics and methods.

On 9/24/2016 at 5:21 AM, Shotan said:

The very thing you are forgetting about is that you are not giving newer players a chance, because it takes time to maximise your squad to the very best of its effectivity. 

As for dreadnoughts vs AI… This should not be made a thing. If you desire to play against AI, there’s a game mode that allows you to do so. You’ll go against bots in different scenarios, all scenarios of which are relative to gameplay styles of all kinds of tactics and methods.

The people who got in at the start are already established. I am a very experienced player and I can benefit from playing a few vs ai modes until i memorized the whole map. I never had a chance to play this because I was betrayed and kicked from my top 5 corp I founded. Enough with that.

I see the vets dont want new players in the mode. If the new players mastered the mode it would threaten the established corps positions. Thats why I am have no support here. You all been playing this mode every day for the last year or so. I have only 6 dread battles behind me and I was dead most of it. Can’t learn much that way.

No loss. I just wont play the mode. When I got forum moderator putting  me down, I see it is just best to give up. I already know how this ends. You have no intent on allowing the N{}{}BZ to get any chance in this mode. And we all know no one plays with out some sort of reward.

I am offended when I get no support from the devs and mods, because I have invested more into this game than 99% of the population of this game. There might be 60 people in the game who have wasted more than I have.

16 minutes ago, MassHomicide said:

The people who got in at the start are already established. I am a very experienced player and I can benefit from playing a few vs ai modes until i memorized the whole map. I never had a chance to play this because I was betrayed and kicked from my top 5 corp I founded. Enough with that.

You have put yourself into that situation out of your own smartness, the only thing that betrayed you is your brain in that situation, and it was never a TOP 5 corp, maybe on the amount of terrible pilots rating, sure.

18 minutes ago, MassHomicide said:

I see the vets dont want new players in the mode. If the new players mastered the mode it would threaten the established corps positions. Thats why I am have no support here. You all been playing this mode every day for the last year or so. I have only 6 dread battles behind me and I was dead most of it. Can’t learn much that way.

Stop with the BS, out of all the players vets are the ones that want new players in game modes the most, Dreads vs AI will not solve a single issue of you and your team being tore apart vs real opponents, period, vs AI Dread mode can exist no one is against the mode itself, we are against wasting devs time in implementing it, because it is absolutely huge and wasteful spending of resources instead of trying to make this game better.

The whole Dread Federation map is open for you to learn- any non NASA sector you attack will be vs Bots, there is nothing to lose for you, yet you are scared to the death to even try, if you cant try it in real time vs bots, what is the point of wasting the devs time implementing a custom vs AI Dreads for you?

22 minutes ago, MassHomicide said:

No loss. I just wont play the mode. When I got forum moderator putting  me down, I see it is just best to give up. I already know how this ends. You have no intent on allowing the N{}{}BZ to get any chance in this mode. And we all know no one plays with out some sort of reward.

Negativity towards you from most of the people is achieved by you by being extremely childish drama queen trying to make some kind of saint out of yourself, Your personality makes people react to you this way, simple as that, and we tried to tell you this hundreds of time, yet you refuse to even attempt to comprehend it.

24 minutes ago, MassHomicide said:

I am offended when I get no support from the devs and mods, because I have invested more into this game than 99% of the population of this game. There might be 60 people in the game who have wasted more than I have.

seriously? you are not a stock holder of the corporation, you don’t own or reserve any rights to company’s decisions, just because you desired to spend big chunk of money does not give you a single privilege above people that spend less, and you should refer to my previous point every time you think otherwise. If anything Admins were giving you a slack in certain areas specifically that you spend that much money, because other wise you would’ve have gotten a perma ban for certain behaviors long time ago, so shush with the biased view, if anything you should be thankful for your current status.