Your very own Space Station

These stations can be built anywhere in Open Space, and only their turrets are destroy-able in PvP and by the AI. Space stations can ONLY be built by going to that location you desire to build in and using a large amount of resources. Once construction is complete, you can upgrade and add to your station. Once the station is complete, you can customize it using nodes and special station module slots. You can also get unique hangars that launch mining drones and modified fighters/drones to protect and attack enemies.

Space stations also give you the ability to slowly mine and find trophies while offline, to collect your trophies, jump to your space station for 100k credits, and collect the money/resources you’ve collected.

SC is a space shooter game, this is something more suited for EVE.

If this were about to be implemented i see an open space clustered with tons of Stations.

I honestly think that a deployable “base camp” in OS would be fantastic though. At least for people who like OS a lot. They could deploy it at the edge of a map in fringe sectors and use it as a place to send cargo home or spawn etc.

It could be perma-cloaked as long as no users are within 3,000m of it to make it last longer, and allow for other opposing players to locate it and attempt to destroy it. That way it will temporarily un-cloak when a user spawns at it or sends cargo, then re-cloak when they move on.

As soon as it detects an attack, it uncloaks and starts attacking and pings all of its users to come defend it. Repairs could be made on the fly with cheap resources or credits if they aren’t available. Option of blaster turrets or missile turrets, and maybe healing lasers for the users.

A yellow slot in one of the users’ ships could contain a crafted single-use station, and they could invite other pilots to wing to allow them to use it. On selection of “undock” it would ask if they wanted to go to their station.

One private station per player - would be nice but maybe not doable in SC

I’d liked to see 1 station per system

maybe 1 station per corp

8 hours ago, MercenaryPines said:

Space stations also give you the ability to slowly mine and find trophies while offline, to collect your trophies, jump to your space station for 100k credits, and collect the money/resources you’ve collected.

You just doomed this idea as far as the Dev’s are concerned … they wont let us freely farm while we’re online   and have a inactivity timer in every map you can jump to … they will NEVER let us  gain resources while offline …

This should be a corporation thing, not player, Then yes it could be great way to introduce it. And they could give a lot of good opportunity for members, special missions from unique contact, group raid, training field, exchanging resources between members, unique customization and unique ships that can only be obtain through special corporation mission… so many possibilities! 

I’d love something like this, but not something that you can mine offline (that would be way to OP).

One of the possible upgrades could be drones, that could either guard the base or you can tell them to look for ores to scan and collect, only problem is that they wouldn’t be all that fast, and AI would shoot at them if they get too close.

My own space station would be something >reasonable< to grind for ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)