y u dont get assists when dead?

topic title speaks for itself. if i did 99% of damage to the ship, got killed, and get no assist if someone finish my job. why is that?

Because this is Star Conflict. We hope you enjoyed your stay here, do come again.

I’m more pissed when I hit a ship and then have to run or attack other ship for any reason, and that first one dies, and I don’t get the asisst for the damage, done, no matter how damage I did.

You do get an assist, but only within a certain time window - so if you haven’t done damage / debuff to a target for a while, your assist will no longer count.

What i’m concerned about is that the window is too short. Raised some questions about it for myself as well.

You do get an assist, but only within a certain time window - so if you haven’t done damage / debuff to a target for a while, your assist will no longer count.

Confirming this and just to add that it makes no difference whether you live or die, the timeout applies in both cases.

Just figured, beacon capture assistance window is WAAAAAY shorter than damage assist.

Just figured, beacon capture assistance window is WAAAAAY shorter than damage assist.

capture assist timeout is a second or so. rather annoying when you get grazed by a laser for 1 point of damage and miss out on the capture because of it. damn contracts…

assists scoring is as annoying as these contracts.

I’ve spawned and gotten an assist from my previous ship, you can get it.

What i’m concerned about is that the window is too short. Raised some questions about it for myself as well.

I find the window to be rather short as well. As for beacon captures, how about beacon capture assists for when you are destroyed trying to take the beacon and have contributed a certain high percentage to its capture?