Wondering something.

Yo,

I just came back recently after a pretty long hiatus. I was doing my shizz for days. After a while i started noticing some cov ops just owning everyone. It just felt like it at first, until i started to look at the aftermath stats.

I saw they(when died by one) mostly had Doppler Laser or something like that. The latest battle, which prompt me to ask the upcoming question, he did all the kills for his team and mine got only 2 kills.

Is that weapon, that powerful? What do you think of it and do you feel it is broken/ in need of balancing? The first question being the one i’d like an answer to.

My sword S which usually own, my tanky inquisitor and Jag drones+ speed/resist debuff mods couldn’t do shizz.

Maybe it’s simply that only the hardcore SC addicts are left playing and so the player pool experience and skills went up and i’m new to it.

P.S. Since that’s the first topic since i’m back, i’ll take the time to say i like the progression now. Kinda easier to get to your targeted goal but my Waz Got is still stuck at r8. I hate it’s progression system.

O.S. Is nice too. Might be more linear but it just feels better in my opinion, without talking about realizing that after, maybe a dozen gate jumps, i never grabbed a fuel cell nor needed one. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)  Talk about a fuel system rework.

Hello

Even if we have some exceptions you are correct, small ships own game.

Especially cov ops weapons Front blaster that is still auto aim and have a huge rate of fire ( 600 ) and so extra big damage output per sec in game is OP.

Next such weapon is Deconstructor it is basically proximity mortar for small ships so you can’t miss with it.

Notice this? Two weapons that are extra easy to use for cov ops class. 

Combine that with an active module that cov ops can use and it makes the ship invulnerable for 6 sec so yeah…

Next ship that is still so OP is Tai’kin again ship that is small. It can move insanely fast 

it can regenerate and have weapons and futures that can make its damage output bigger than destroyers.

Also, the game has an unlogical way to protect smaller ships by default, all missiles that we use do different % of damage on a different class of ships.

You see fighters get 100% of missile damage interceptors just 80% even if they are hardest to hit with missiles, frigates get 125% damage and destroyers even more.

So you see, when you get killed in this game by a smaller ship that is not because an opponent player is so much better than you,

it is because of they are protected by game mechanics. 

Since the game is Russian made you can calculate who are they “supporting” more since players that have a bigger ping that 100 can’t use properly interceptors in PvP.

Of course, they are other servers too but I usually get Russian server, so this is from my experience.

Lucky for me that I have 60 ping on Russian servers.

Interceptors are overpowered, they need to be nerfed, and the devs need to stop listening to the complaints of their pilots, or all the skill based ships will become pointless.
dear devs: please buff frigates a bit

10 minutes ago, evo888 said:

Interceptors are overpowered, they need to be nerfed, and the devs need to stop listening to the complaints of their pilots, or all the skill based ships will become pointless.

hmm, you have to be more specific since some frigates are extra strong,

it would be better to nerf interceptors and make missiles do the same damage to all ship classes. 

1 hour ago, evo888 said:

Yeah sure… anymore frigate buff and we can go straight back to frigball meta. And where in the heck are frigs more skill based that intys?

The point is most people are comfortable sitting on thousands of hp, instead of learning how to fly… And so it seems everyone except a few have forgott enthat inteceptors have counterplay.

Let’s begin with the obvious choices:

Guards: Mass populsion inhibitor and Pulsar makes you basically unapproachable for any inteceptor (Energy leak, if you will)

Tackler: Even tho everyone keeps complaining about intys, they forget the most obvious choice… Tacklers. Packed with mobility debuffs, they are a very nice choice against ships that have roughly 8k hp (Spike has 6.806 survivability unupgaded)

Less obvious choices:

Gunships (preferably fed): With a decent ammount of shield, Particle purge can practically instantly take out any non imperial inteceptors hull. (Make sure to bring shield boosters, to keep your shield high)

Engies: The new static barrier is already insane enough, but by using commitment or EM torpedos an engineer should have no problem, whatsoever taking out any inteceptor looking for an easy target

Command: While there are not a lot of commands that can actually fit Mass charge accelerator, those who can, absolutely should… it gives an insane ammount of projectile speed that can stack up to about 15km/sec, which is basically an unavoidable instant hit on ranges less than 6km. Best weapons to reach those speeds are: Liquidator, gauss, Thermal energy burner, phaser

23 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

Yeah sure… anymore frigate buff and we can go straight back to frigball meta. And where in the heck are frigs more skill based that intys?

The point is most people are comfortable sitting on thousands of hp, instead of learning how to fly… And so it seems everyone except a few have forgott enthat inteceptors have counterplay.

Those counterplays has its own easy counterplays. Pulsar can be disabled with any paralize, command has missile while ECM alone has 3 stuns that can disable it. Mass slow is mitigated simply by implant. Tackler dies after 3 hits of deconstructor and everything and their mothers have something that can decloak.
How many quantum defence covops counters are there? 6 modules, with only 3 being easy to hit (disintegration beam, penetration beam, converter. Try to hit with quark projector, kappa beam or pyro such mobile target). ECM with repair sabotage is almost untouchable.

Make covops special weapons par with other weapons. Change so repair sabotage only clear effects once. Reduce quantum duration. There, variety in matches is back and first step in balance those ridiculous new modules.

2 minutes ago, Rob40468 said:

Those counterplays has its own easy counterplays. Pulsar can be disabled with any paralize, command has missile while ECM alone has 3 stuns that can disable it. Mass slow is mitigated simply by implant. Tackler dies after 3 hits of deconstructor and everything and their mothers have something that can decloak.
How many quantum defence covops counters are there? 6 modules, with only 3 being easy to hit (disintegration beam, penetration beam, converter. Try to hit with quark projector, kappa beam or pyro such mobile target). ECM with repair sabotage is almost untouchable.

Make covops special weapons par with other weapons. Change so repair sabotage only clear effects once. Reduce quantum duration. There, variety in matches is back and first step in balance those ridiculous new modules.

First of all they complained purely about covops not about ecm, and about ecm there is only one thing to say…

They literally only have weapon that deals significant damage, yes they are hard to kill, but to be killed by an ecm you have to be pretty bad.

Mass populsion inhibitor can be purged by using multipurpose mods for 2 seconds and then it’s applied again, and covops rarely carry more than one of those.

A lot of classes have decloak but most of them have to be applyed BEFORE the tackler goes invisible, and by the way if you play a singularity close range tackler you should be able to dodge deconstructor shots, and if you are playing a strave variant, you must have made a huge mistake, to let a covops come as close as 1.800m.

I think you skipped my whole part about projectile speed on command if you still have to complain about repair sabotage.

Last, but not least. Energy converter is a multipurpouse module, that is ridiculously easy to aim and can be used against any ship in the game, not only quantum defence.

16 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

First of all they complained purely about covops not about ecm, and about ecm there is only one thing to say…

They literally only have weapon that deals significant damage, yes they are hard to kill, but to be killed by an ecm you have to be pretty bad.

Mass populsion inhibitor can be purged by using multipurpose mods for 2 seconds and then it’s applied again, and covops rarely carry more than one of those.

A lot of classes have decloak but most of them have to be applyed BEFORE the tackler goes invisible, and by the way if you play a singularity close range tackler you should be able to dodge deconstructor shots, and if you are playing a strave variant, you must have made a huge mistake, to let a covops come as close as 1.800m.

I think you skipped my whole part about projectile speed on command if you still have to complain about repair sabotage.

Last, but not least. Energy converter is a multipurpouse module, that is ridiculously easy to aim and can be used against any ship in the game, not only quantum defence.

I play just intys and fighters and yes intys are in most cases OP by my opinion.

Just if you look to recent new modules that all cov ops and recon can use, also ecm they are invicible

to almost everything for 6 sec heh they are OP.  

No other class then intys got modules that all ships in class can use.

Imagine that all other ship classes got module that will give them immortality for 6 sec.

Tackler Slows and Mass Propulsion Inhibitor are rarely a threat to any interceptor. When I play ECM i can use shield kit, sabotage and metastable field to escape or i can stun the guard.

Covert ops can use shield kit, quantum, adaptive camo or even whitenoise to escape. Recon will either use a kit, cloak, hologram, or warp. Taikin will simply jump.

Playing Command with Phaser can work, but any random front blaster/deconstructor/tharok/decent ecm will wreck you, since everything can overpower a diff shield now.

Its not hard to get closer than 1800m. Not in an inty.

Buffing Frigs would be a mistake thought. It would make gameplay even more static.

I think commands could use a buff though. They feel a bit toothless right now. No-Gunship Fighters in general feel too squishy and voulnerable to surprise inty attacks.

Maybe we could just buff the Gauss Cannon a bit, nerf the Orion and call it a day xD

14 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

Maybe we could just buff the Gauss Cannon a bit, nerf the Orion and call it a day xD

Gauss buff would be cool, i want it to become a viable choice on Gunship and tackler again. Now that The problems with focusing laser and Thi’es got mostly cleard, gunship is definitively one of those classes that got completely rekt by the fleet update (Stingray is a recon; change my mind)

You really want to make Cov Ops completely useless again, don’t you… Remember what covops was before the fleet update. Oh yeah, might aswell not have been in the game

I’m okay with the fact, that they can now do what they are designed to do: Take out core units quickly

Remove manouverability buff from FB and remove Deconstructors crit effect and covops are balanced… Quantum defence is a nuisance, but nothing major, If they removed the part of the duration, where you are completely disabled and only had invincibility for a second or two, it could be a way to dodge missiles or a few shots, without granting a “free” retreat

And ECM were already hard to crack before the update, and now, they are still far from “almost Immortal” that’s what tai’kin was, back then if you remember.

I think they should start to clear out all of those ridiculous energy drains, areal debuffs and auto aim main weapons. Then they can think about Inty nerf, which again, i don’t think are necessary. Because if Intys in the current state of the game get nerfed, we can rename it to “Freekill Conflict”.

I dont want to make them useless. But I don’t want them to be able to instagib any fighter without a risk either.

Gunships dont feel weak at all. Their main advantage should be firepower instead of manouverability in the first place. They also get Combat Reboot.

Tacklers and especially Commands seem to be at the receiving end however.

16 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

They also get Cimbat Reboot.

Tacklers and especially Commands seem to be at the receiving end however.

Well commands have the problem, that not all commands are created equal. There are some that became incredible powerful, while others were left behind…

Tacklers are the only class where i’d say they got hardly anything useful… I mean the stopping beam and shield recharge, when cloaking is nice, but other than that, the tackler update wasn’t so great

But for gunships, the fleet buff just feels akward… Thi’es is just a better Thi’lith, shrapnel cone is good, but it is just Inhibitor Swarm 2.0, Plasmer is unique but not good and magnetic field disruptor seems to only combo well with focusing laser, Thi’es and Thi’lith. It just feels like Gunships went from damage dealers to Auto-Aim Inty hunters

On 6/25/2018 at 5:17 PM, Flash0914 said:

Tacklers are the only class where i’d say they got hardly anything useful… I mean the stopping beam and shield recharge, when cloaking is nice, but other than that, the tackler update wasn’t so great

You’re kidding, right? It’s virtually impossible to kill a Tackler with a module that repairs the whole hull within a second or two, not to mention that you can’t target lock on it either.

On 6/27/2018 at 11:52 PM, Koromac said:

You’re kidding, right? It’s virtually impossible to kill a Tackler with a module that repairs the whole hull within a second or two, not to mention that you can’t target lock on it either.

You don’t want to tell me it’s hard to hit a radar invisible tackler? Maybe not if the player is good, but most just keep flying in straight lines and die during the duration of realingment… It’s just a better Hull kit…